While We Wait: (Almost) Anything Goes

Well, since people are wandering in, I will too. Lots of fond memories dwell here. :D

So just sharing, I've been working at a two player (player and GM) tabletop version of NESing, taking inspiration from different things here. It's still very early in development, but may end up being a lot of fun.

Randomly thought of NESing today - been nearly a decade since I was here. Hello old friends - I even see some names I recognize :).

Would love to game or play with anyone from the old NES days. PM me if interested - I've run some forum games offsite a few times.

What's up Luckymoose and Birdjaguar :)

Also check out IOT, which is the same thing and where all the running games are GMd by old time NES people.

I was just reading on some history lately. We basically invented DnD for history. Then added dice and stats. Good times...

And while you all were sleeping I reenlisted for another Tour of Duty and was assigned...IOT and NES among my touch points. :D

I'm from the internet; I'm here to help!

NES will be a tough one to moderate :D I love the term "sleeping", it gives me hope :p

@Luckymoose thank you. I truly loved my time NESing. How are you and what's going on in your life?

Just gauging interest, but would anyone be interested in a classical "tabula rasa" GodNES if one was started on the thread?

I've thought about giving GMing a second shot a few times after my initial attempt failed due to lack of player interest (and being too soon after Mythopoeia) but seeing TMG's project approaching its initialisation stage (he's started a thread for it on the NES discord) has brought the idea back to the surface. I don't want to start an NES however only to have a dearth of active players again result in its demise ...

Last edited:
@Luckymoose thank you. I truly loved my time NESing. How are you and what's going on in your life?

I'm doing fairly well. I'm still, I wouldn't say recovering, but actively taking it easy to prevent a hernia or something from my kidney donation I did near Christmas. Strenuous activity still puts the hurt on me.

I'm doing fairly well. I'm still, I wouldn't say recovering, but actively taking it easy to prevent a hernia or something from my kidney donation I did near Christmas. Strenuous activity still puts the hurt on me.
Congratulations on providing someone with a kidney! Do go slow with the strain until you are fully healed. I've been sliced and diced twice in the past 4 years and not rushing the recovery is a good thing. :)

Are you still in GA?

Congratulations on providing someone with a kidney! Do go slow with the strain until you are fully healed. I've been sliced and diced twice in the past 4 years and not rushing the recovery is a good thing. :)

Yeah, I tried too much about 8 weeks post-op and thought I had an incisional hernia, so I have backed way up since then. The kid needed one, and now he's got one. No regrets.

Are you still in GA?

Unfortunately, lol.

Yeah, I tried too much about 8 weeks post-op and thought I had an incisional hernia, so I have backed way up since then. The kid needed one, and now he's got one. No regrets.

Unfortunately, lol.
One more good vote!

Hey everyone, man I thought this place would be an abandoned town with tumbleweeds blowing through. It’s great to see people are still NESing. You guys created something truly amazing here, it really reminds of time when the internet was fun and people used it in creative ways. Anyway, I’m glad to see people are still having fun here.

Just gauging interest, but would anyone be interested in a classical "tabula rasa" GodNES if one was started on the thread?

I've thought about giving GMing a second shot a few times after my initial attempt failed due to lack of player interest (and being too soon after Mythopoeia) but seeing TMG's project approaching its initialisation stage (he's started a thread for it on the NES discord) has brought the idea back to the surface. I don't want to start an NES however only to have a dearth of active players again result in its demise ...
I'm up for it. Since I mostly can be active with music content these days I think I'm going to make like a Dionysian god of music that can't speak.

Top Bottom