1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

While We Wait: Writer's Block & Other Lame Excuses

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by Nylan, Dec 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

@joank: sodomy is the act, homosexuality is the inclination. So I'm afraid your request is denied Joan.

@Erez: :lol: its funny how you have to say that you are winning to yourself as if simply saying the words somehow translated into it being real. At any rate, as I clearly said that the current ascent of Jihadi islam in the middle east is monstrous and bad, I think my previous statement about the refusal of liberals to read what their opponents write applies, although of course I would be pleased if the current liberal hegemony in the west came to its logical end, and the traditional underpinnings of western civilisation were restored to their customary place in society (including of course recognition of sodomy as bad). The key thing being of course that I would prefer an internal restoration, and oppose making the west into a simulacrum of the third world.

Oh and as to war, you are naïve about human nature if you think violence over ideals doesn't happen. About as naïve as if you think your own positions on sexuality somehow exist as a lowest common denominator (they don't) and that asserting things off the cuff renders them true.

2. erez87

erez87 Lord of Random

Dude. I've read what you wrote. Yes those who were intolerant to some people are now falling to rebellions intolerant to other people. Can you show me a single location where a tolerant society (preferably to gays) became intolerant (to gays) in the last... say... 100 years?

In the western world, where you live, and where I hope I am currently living, or will eventually, I have had the most total victory over you. Sure I didn't win against the jihadists (chrome is trying to fix this word to sadists...) yet, but against you, I did win, a complete and utter victory - and I won since a tolerant society is evidently (which means - with evidence to prove it) a strong, stable and prospering society.

You want the reason that keeps you alive in the west to end? Why? what sort of crazy person wants to cut the branch he is sitting on? What do you think makes the western world the most advanced best society in all of history? Freedom and tolerance. Tolerance and freedom to the people, to the economy (to a certain degree, we still need to win there, the tolerant fight I'd say) and most importantly in science. To give it up is to give up western society, and even if you claim you want that, I doubt you would EVER work to achieve that.

And I am well aware, I remind you, I live in Israel. I know people are violent over ideals. The intolerant were always violent. But you see. You didn't read what I said. I said YOU, as in you personally, will not go to war with me to achieve your hateful ideals. Because YOU, as in you personally, are better than the ideals you hold. It's really simple. You are a good person, better than the god you may believe in, superior to any ideology you may hold. You want to know how I know?

And of course my view on sexuality is the lowest common denominator. It lacks any view. Anyone who would want to say something is wrong with sex, will have to get everyone to agree - since you can't, I'll win and we will remain with no laws regarding sex among consenting adults whatsoever.

Now that I won in the western world. You and I need to work hard to make sure I win also in the rest of the world. Or we will both lose there.

3. m.t.cicero

m.t.cicero Good Kid

Fortunately, in the West the gay cat is already out of the bag; in most areas where LGBT identities have been normalized (well some people might unfortunately still be having trouble wrapping their heads around the T, but all in good time) many, and I'd be willing to hazard most, people have at least one friend who is not straight or is not cisgendered (hope I'm not hurting any delicate little feelings with that word). It follows pretty simply that people with LGBT friends come to see LGBT people as, well, people, and are pretty unlikely to engage in anti-gay pogroms, nor raise children who would.

Also, "tolerance" is a pretty weak word; just think of how racist it'd sound if someone said they "tolerated" a racial minority.

Also also, it's kinda funny (read: really disappointing) that 'pro-life' organizations (I'm looking at you too, southern baptists) espouse doctrines ('disordered' lolol are you joking) that more likely than not contribute to higher suicide rates among LGBT teenagers (and I think people in general but I'd have to check) as well as, of course, hate crimes.

4. erez87

erez87 Lord of Random

Yeah that's part of what I call evidence against Homophobia. Unless they are trying to get them to commit suicide of course... I assume Jehoshua ISN'T trying...

5. m.t.cicero

m.t.cicero Good Kid

A drunk driver certainly, in most cases, isn't 'trying' to put others' lives at risk, but that doesn't make them any less irresponsible.

6. erez87

erez87 Lord of Random

I know. But I'm not going to say homophones should go to jail, but should just stop and shut up because they are causing damage.

7. m.t.cicero

m.t.cicero Good Kid

We're in complete agreement there; I was talking more from a moral than a legal standpoint. Free speech is no joke, even if some people abuse it for destructive ends.

8. Shadowbound

Shadowbound Scourge of God

Woops! In before the edit.

9. erez87

erez87 Lord of Random

Oh I have never ending spelling mistakes... It's nothing new.

10. Azale

Azale Chieftain

There's your first mistake, you dirty sodomist! >: |

11. Lord of Elves

Lord of Elves Suede-Denim Secret Police

At this point we should probably admit we keep Jehoshua around because he is basically a time traveler from the 15th century.

This is as close as we will ever get to knowing for sure what medieval people would think of the present.

12. erez87

erez87 Lord of Random

Am I the only one not insulted by the word sodomy? (Also - I always assumed I'm the only gay... Am I no longer the only gay in the village?) He just has a special word for it... You know what they say about homophobes... They even have a special words for it. That's so sweet in my opinion :) ;)

LOE, he did play a mean pope in several games...

13. Daftpanzer

Daftpanzer There may be more posts after this.

All sex is kinda weird when you think about it.

So what did God say about Doplhin Blowhole Sex??

14. Amon Savag

Amon Savag The Great

Thought I'd tried everything, and then you hit me with this. DO YOU WANT MY HEAD TO EXPLODE!?!?!?

15. JohannaK

JohannaK Careless Whisperer

I have been around for a while. :p

I don't feel strictly insulted, but since sodomy actually comes from a biblical episode which essentially describes intent to rape, I'd rather use other words.

16. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

17. erez87

erez87 Lord of Random

Oh, didn't know you are one of the improved humans.

And I see about the sodomy, but I learned from previous insults at gays, just take the word and imbrace it, take the evil out of it and make it super gay. Then we shall see them using it. You know, like queer.

Make saying sodomy totally girly and homophobes will quickly abandon it.

But sure I see where you come from. Stupid bible, ruining words by making them about rape.

18. Amon Savag

Amon Savag The Great

Good sex and the destruction of one's enemies are the only things in this world of greater value than a comedy goldmine.

19. Crezth

Crezth 話說天下大勢分久必合合久必分

You are naïve about the universe if you think 40,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 balls of hot gas occupy an enormously larger stretch of space so that you can tell two primates with dicks not to stick them into other primates' butts.

20. Luckymoose

Luckymoose The World is Mine

God made this world specifically for hating each other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.