Whom would you like to see as lead designer of civ 6: edited to add sulla to list

Whom would you like to have as lead designer of civ 6?

• Total voters
My dream team for Civ6 would include some of the people who are now working on CK2 and Magna Mundi.

The Dream Team

• Lead designer: Rhye
  • Main development team:
    Soren Johnson
    Johan Andersson
    Henrik “Doomdark” Fåhraeus (Crusader Kings II)
    Kael
    Ubik (Magna Mundi)
  • Lead tester: Sullla

I like it:)

Brian Reynolds for sure. SMAC is probably the best turn-based strategy game of all time. And RoN and RoL are two of the best RTS games ever made. What I like about Reynold's games is that they are always (well, AFAIK) perfect. I like Civ4 a lot too, but it does have features that don't really work that well. It's not easy to find stuff like that in SMAC or the two Rise games.

I don't want a modder to take the lead design. I have yet to play a thoroughly well designed Civ mod (especially total conversion mods). Most modders have a lot of ideas and the skills to implement them in their mod, but usually lack the ability to make it all work together well and balanced. If they did Civ6 we would probably get the opposite of Civ5 - a feature overkill that doesn't make much sense as a game.
I'll admit though, that I haven't played all mods out there and the ones I have played I didn't play for very long, so I might be completely wrong.

I never downloaded a mod for civ until ciV came out. I did play a few in warlords and bts that came with the games, and after getting ciV I downloaded finaler frontier but that was it. I tried AND but couldn't get the game to work with it, and after a couple tries I just decided that I enjoyed ciV too much to worry about it anyway. I've found that ciV with mods is great, so much so that I quit playing vanilla until the patch came out a few days ago. since the patch has come out I've played 5-6 games without mods, overall the new patch brings us close to the same level as a good mod was before. give the modders a few days with the hotfix (maybe early jan so they can enjoy xmas) and I'm sure that mods will again be the way to go, but at least for now I'm enjoying vanilla + patch.

My dream team for Civ6 would include some of the people who are now working on CK2 and Magna Mundi.

The Dream Team

• Main development team:
    Soren Johnson
    Johan Andersson
    Kael
    Ubik (Magna Mundi)

Too good to be true...;)

The Dream Team

• Main development team:
    Soren Johnson
    Johan Andersson
    Kael
    Ubik (Magna Mundi)

Not my dream team.

Nothing personally against Rhye or Kael, but I found one of their mods to be too scripted and hand-holding, and the other mod to be lost in feature bloat. You can take guesses which is which. ;)

I would agree to this but I really don't want to have dragons flying around in the Middle ages and battle cruisers as my new future erra gunship. Plus cartoony graphics.

I was more interested in the balance and polished part of their games...
about the cartoonish, if there isn't purple forest and blue grass, i think i can deal with it...

Soren

Nothing personally against Rhye or Kael, but I found one of their mods to be too scripted and hand-holding, and the other mod to be lost in feature bloat. You can take guesses which is which.
I second this :)

Hironobu Sakaguchi. With music by Nobuo Uematsu, of course. Alright, that's just a "fantasy". How about Warren Robinett? We could fight ducks... I mean dragons... if he did so. I suppose that's not an "adventure" that will happen.

How about Dan Bunten? And the spaceship goes to planet Sixarif? Yea, methinks I've been hunting too much wampus.

Afforess or Zappara.

Reynolds or Johnson would be fantastic.

Sullla and Rhye should certainly be included in the team in spite of some unwarranted bashing. Seems someone's a little insecure. That or desperately trying to blow their own horn. :lol:

Add in Sirian as well. Respect for the man.

Firaxis needs to get it done.

Reynolds or Johnson would be fantastic.

Sullla and Rhye should certainly be included in the team in spite of some unwarranted bashing. Seems someone's a little insecure. That or desperately trying to blow their own horn. :lol:

Add in Sirian as well. Respect for the man.

Firaxis needs to get it done.

Aren't you supposed to have me on ignore? Or do you go back on your word? ;)

Besides, it's MY opinion, so it's not "unwarranted bashing". I'd like to see you try to argue that Rhye's isn't scripted hand-holding though. I'll even let you ignore the fact that Civ start dates and destruction are scripted, just to make it easy for you. ;)

Aren't you supposed to have me on ignore? Or do you go back on your word? ;)

Besides, it's MY opinion, so it's not "unwarranted bashing". I'd like to see you try to argue that Rhye's isn't scripted hand-holding though. I'll even let you ignore the fact that Civ start dates and destruction are scripted, just to make it easy for you. ;)

I took you off of ignore awhile ago. I even told you that. I believe in giving people a second chance.

I certainly respect your modding skills and you do contribute valuable information to these forums from time to time. So, I thought that my actions were rash.

However, your trashing of people with considerable modding and/or game designing skills is quite curious and is making me regret that decision.

You seem to be slinging mud like it was election time. :lol:

Do you have any campaign promises to make if you are elected lead designer? ;)

I do believe that Sullla will be writing up some ideas on what he considers good game design. I consider that quite constructive and positive.

Perhaps you should do the same. It would certainly further your election bid.

Top Bottom