1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Why are you here?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Kael, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Kentarion

Kentarion Chieftain

i'm here because i can't get lost.
    u r all freaks, i like that, it looks this way more like i'm no freak... but i am...

pitty me.

played this mod in every direction and most of it in multiplayer...

it's indeed much fun. thanks for all that, and you're still here - i worship you're staying power, everyone of you still up to the continues work.

:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

2. arcticnightwolf

arcticnightwolf Emperor

Why am I here?
    That's good question ... (:)

3. Broken Hawk

Broken Hawk Emperor

Because this game is the most fun I have ever had while sitting in front of a computer.

4. BugReportage

BugReportage Warlord

I like screwing Malakim over with hell terrain. :king:

5. Randomness

Randomness ...

Just a random sugestion, this game would be soooooo much better with rev mod infused. Just a thought...

6. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

7. Del69

Del69 Chieftain

I just want to start out saying I'm here to say kudo's to the ffh team for making a new game out of civ4. The whole event systems complexity is mind boggling compared to vanilla bts and its seemingly random pile of stuff that happens on a whim for no reason.

I love the fact that every new leader I play is an entirely different experience and changes game play immensely. Each civ I play is a different civilization and its not just a new trait/uu/building like regular bts.

The one suggestion I would make for the mod to be more accessible to people is the stupid advisor tips everybody hates, just to get them some basic info on some of the changes to the game without having to dig through the civopedia and whatnot. Like on the first turn a tip on the basic differences your civ has (like the fact elves build improvements in forests). The only problem is you'd have to take out the regular ones to have people turn them on. I mean really do I need to know that I just built a warrior and thats a military unit:lol:.

I know it would have really helped my learning curve on it. Fantastic work you guys.

8. Atnanor

Atnanor +2 Beer Affinity

I'm here cause I'm bored.

Need I explain more?

9. orangelex44

orangelex44 Partisan

Out of curiosity, is that a reference to the amazing Minesweeper: The Movie trailer? Because it should be.

10. Randomness

Randomness ...

I was playing as Calibim(sorry if I spelt it wrong) and I was thinking that more flavour could be added to a vampire civ. In particular, I was thinking that units were built with food, and population was increased by sacrificing units(probably Bloodpets). I think this would better reflect a vampire run civ.

11. Atnanor

Atnanor +2 Beer Affinity

WHY ARE THESE MINES EVEN HERE?!!?

12. orangelex44

orangelex44 Partisan

NICE.

"Don't worry, it's never the first one you try."

BOOM.

"NOOOOOOOOooooooooooo.........!!!"

13. Atnanor

Atnanor +2 Beer Affinity

"What now?"
    'Now, we guess. *puts the shovel into the spot*'

-*focuses on face* Game over.-

14. Caradoc

Caradoc Emperor

Yes, it's really me. When I first arrived in Civilization several years ago, I had not imagined that I would be sucked into this phenomenon we call Fall from Heaven. I figured I'd just drop by every so often to pick up some tips and a couple of mods and then head back to Heroes of Might and Magic for my fantasy campaigning. So I just did a fast registration using my everyday username. But now I find myself coming here every day, reading every post and inserting my own crackpot opinions and stupid jokes all too often to think this is even a casual interest anymore. And everyone else has a cool username, so I thought it was past time to join in.

Therefore, I have prevailed on Thunderfall, our good moderator, to grant me the privilege of changing my username to my usual nom-de-web, Caradoc. (The real Caradoc was quite an interesting fellow and I encourage you to Google him and see what a pivotal role he played in shaping Western civilization.) So henceforth in all things Civilization and most especially Fall from Heaven, it is Caradoc I shall be.

My next project is to upgrade the 'chicken man' avatar and better reveal my true self. (Incidentally, the 'chicken man' is actually from Future comics version of the Lone Ranger.)

Attached Files:

15. thorsoar

thorsoar Chieftain

FFH is a wandorful mod,i like it.
    So I come here to get the lastest news of FFH

16. beauregard

beauregard Chieftain

Well, I'm here because FFH got coverage in the biggest Polish computer magazine CD-Action (half page). They wrote that it's good.

Well, usually they are wrong, worshipping some senseless FPS or RTS, but since I was bored with vanilla Civ anyway, I decided to give it a try...

And it turned out that hey were wrong, exactly as I thought. It isn't good. It is excellent.

17. Honor

Honor Immortal

I am here just to observe the development of one of the greatest games I've ever played. FfH is not just a mod to Civ 4, it is a game in its own right.

18. lordrune

lordrune Prince

I stumbled across this mod when looking to see what all the fuss was. Didn't get it the first time I played. Now I'm hooked. It's like the time I first played Master of Magic a long long time ago (in a country far away as it happens :D )

What's with the music btw? It's electrifying, especially the Empyrean music. It's like gothic metal, just tamed down several factors :)

19. Nikis-Knight

Nikis-Knight Deity

Check the readme, or probably the FAQ or main thread for all outside sources.

20. ZeroZeroSix

ZeroZeroSix Prince

Hello, its my first post in FFH so I must say 'Good work on an awsome game'.

I was here to get info about the scenarios and found out about the 16th dec realase date :) cant wait...

Anyway, i was struck by an idea while playing when looking at Hunters/Rangers/BeastMasters graphic. They are teamed with a pet so i tough it would be nice if it was actually some pet got from wilderness exploration and added the same way as a commander. It could add some abbilities depending wich pet you got.