Workers of the World!

A sombraro,

I know that it would be a new animation, but the default animation, would be nice if the worker was taking a siesta.

A siesta animation would be great. You could then make a Corsican worker using this ini:

DEFAULT=siesta.flc
RUN=siesta.flc
ATTACK1=
ATTACK2=
ATTACK3=
DEATH=Death.flc
FORTIFY=
FIDGET=siesta.flc
VICTORY=
BUILD=
ROAD=siesta.flc
MINE=siesta.flc
IRRIGATE=siesta.flc
FORTRESS=siesta.flc
CAPTURE=Captured.flc
JUNGLE=siesta.flc
FOREST=siesta.flc
PLANT=siesta.flc

Or a French variant on the theme with a strike animation:

DEFAULT=strike.flc
RUN=strike.flc
ATTACK1=
ATTACK2=
ATTACK3=
DEATH=Death.flc
FORTIFY=
FIDGET=strike.flc
VICTORY=
BUILD=
ROAD=strike.flc
MINE=strike.flc
IRRIGATE=strike.flc
FORTRESS=strike.flc
CAPTURE=Captured.flc
JUNGLE=strike.flc
FOREST=strike.flc
PLANT=strike.flc

;)

DEFAULT=strike.flc
RUN=strike.flc
ATTACK1=
ATTACK2=
ATTACK3=
DEATH=Death.flc
FORTIFY=
FIDGET=strike.flc
VICTORY=
BUILD=
ROAD=strike.flc
MINE=strike.flc
IRRIGATE=strike.flc
FORTRESS=strike.flc
CAPTURE=Captured.flc
JUNGLE=strike.flc
FOREST=strike.flc
PLANT=strike.flc

;)

Awesome! :lol:

DEFAULT=strike.flc
RUN=strike.flc
ATTACK1=
ATTACK2=
ATTACK3=
DEATH=Death.flc
FORTIFY=
FIDGET=strike.flc
VICTORY=
BUILD=
ROAD=strike.flc
MINE=strike.flc
IRRIGATE=strike.flc
FORTRESS=strike.flc
CAPTURE=Captured.flc
JUNGLE=strike.flc
FOREST=strike.flc
PLANT=strike.flc

;)
It's not very accurate. The "strike.flc" should be played everytime you try to make them something. But the default animation should be "nothing.flc", and when you upgrade the unit it should become "nothingatall.flc"

Use your imagination. You aren't restricted to a prop called a "sombrero". There are hat props available which can be morphed to change shape to look like all kinds of hats. You can combine them with primitives or other objects to get the look you need. Pretty much any prop you want can be put together if you think hard about it; don't just search for something with exactly the same name and give up when you don't find it. The same with the other clothes - why not just apply bitmaps to the usual clothes? I can't imagine that a Mexican worker would need to wear anything more outlandish than my American Worker does.

@ Steph - I bow to your knowledge. Maybe a 'gallicshrug.flc' anim would also be useful?

Regarding the Sombrero prop - Plotinus is (as usual) right. I remember someone doing some Koreans a while back with an Indiana Jones hat prop; it looked pretty authentic. A bit of imagination is usually required when finding props I believe.

moueofanomie.flc (fortify & fidget)
moueofdistaste.flc (bombard)

Edit: Veteran/Elite would of course use
inhalegaloisesmokebackintonostrils.flc for all except that the fidget would look suspiciously whatever action was in the queue.

I know this is a little late, but as I haven't been around the forums for a while I just thought I'd say that these and your settlers are unbelievable (as are your other units). I have plans to implement many in my mod, and wish I could use many others.

Great Work.:goodjob:

Hey Plotinus could you do me a big favor and make a Pueblo/desert tribe native american worker and settler for my up and coming native american mod?
Today or tomorrow I will post a couple of scanned images for you - in the meantime, think loincloth & digging stick.

Top Bottom