World War II European Front

That is mistake because I did make that same version of certain units like Spitfire I and Spitfire II or Spitfire VB upgrade but Spitfire can't upgrade to Gloster Meteor because that would be wrong since this two aircraft don't have nothing in common. In this versiopn is still few mistake which I now fix and upload will be practically done except civilopedia but for playing it isn't important.

well i don't seem to get a download.... i get sent to 'filehosting.org'.

I fill in the e.mail details, tick the "I agree" box, apply for a 'Request Download Link'.

It tells me ..;

Status
A download link was sent to your email address

No download link arrive.. :thumbsdown:

@=
; "Maybe you entered wrong e-mail address?":

No, I used a correct e-mail address,,,I just type in first letter and it automatically appears,,, I did double check this,,,, I will try again later today.

well i don't seem to get a download.... i get sent to 'filehosting.org'.

I fill in the e.mail details, tick the "I agree" box, apply for a 'Request Download Link'.
It tells me ..;
Status
A download link was sent to your email address
No download link arrive.. :thumbsdown:

--- I found it (them),,, in my "Junk Mail"... :lol:

If I may suggest an alteration.

The lack of a "round the Cape" and a Indian Ocean access cripples the UK's efforts in the North Africa. Any reinforcements have to cross the Med, under fire from the Italians and French. So, no lend-lease equipment for the 8th Army...

I'd suggest a Lend-Lease Wonder in Cairo/Alexandria, after a suitable scientific advance. This would auto-build a Sherman or M3 Grant every few turns.

I can add that. I will make that produce tank every 5 turns. That should be contra to German DAK in German base near Tripoli which also produce units every 5 turns. My apologies for waiting but I'm very busy so I will upload new files in a week. I want to make sure that all units work, upgrade or have stats as I want to have so that then I only need to finish civilopedia and all should work fine.

Something... weird happened 4 turns ago. My city of York, in one turn, went from a population of 12 to 1, and lost all buildings. I knew no one had nukes, and I saw no ships. Sent out a destroyer... and found a stack of 60 german U-boats! These had, apaprently, bombarded York into the stone age...

I know that subs had deck guns but, at CIV's scale, these are useless. I haven't checked other nations subs but I think none should have bombardment... except maybe for the french Surcouf, who did have 8" guns!

Hello, noob here. This is the first mod I have downloaded and gotten to work. Just fyi-the no raze patch doesn't work for me and to get it to work I have to go the normal application and through conquests! because civ content gives me only errors. Couple of questions if anyone feels compelled to answer them:
Are the difficulties for this geared the same as the regular game? (I'm usually at monarch)
If a newer version comes out do I have to delete both the Europe+America file and the biq file and redownload both or just one?
What strategy do you recommend as the USSR? (I think it would be very fun and challenging with or without America opening a second front) What units are best to build and should I mass a huge army in my rear cities then push back or continually send units to slow the axis advance? I have only tried the first turn I forget if settlers can be built to take back the early cities that the axis burn to the ground.

Having a heck of a time downloading the 862 mb rar file from Filehosting.org...tried several times:confused: Just cant quite get it to download the full 862 mb file with out cutting out on me :sad: It stops downloading give or take around 200 mb some times much less !...:cry:...I haven't read about anybody else with this issue....I CANT be the only one experiencing this problem...RIIIIIGHT??!! :blush:
Any help with this would be awesome :D

Hello, noob here. This is the first mod I have downloaded and gotten to work. Just fyi-the no raze patch doesn't work for me and to get it to work I have to go the normal application and through conquests! because civ content gives me only errors. Couple of questions if anyone feels compelled to answer them:
Are the difficulties for this geared the same as the regular game? (I'm usually at monarch)
If a newer version comes out do I have to delete both the Europe+America file and the biq file and redownload both or just one?
What strategy do you recommend as the USSR? (I think it would be very fun and challenging with or without America opening a second front) What units are best to build and should I mass a huge army in my rear cities then push back or continually send units to slow the axis advance? I have only tried the first turn I forget if settlers can be built to take back the early cities that the axis burn to the ground.

Welcome to civ fanatics forum

Difficulties are same as for regular game.
When new version is uploaded then you need both Biq and main folder to download.
As Soviets the best way is to buy time with available resources to weaken Germans. Don't allow that too much of your cities is captured before you can make contraoffensive. Russian cities have greater value because they have Soviet mobilization office which produce Soviet infantry every 2 turns.
Settlers can't be build so you can use no raze patch in Conquest main folder to start game. No raze patch is in main scenario folder and you just need to put it in conquest.

Having a heck of a time downloading the 862 mb rar file from Filehosting.org...tried several times:confused: Just cant quite get it to download the full 862 mb file with out cutting out on me :sad: It stops downloading give or take around 200 mb some times much less !...:cry:...I haven't read about anybody else with this issue....I CANT be the only one experiencing this problem...RIIIIIGHT??!! :blush:
Any help with this would be awesome :D

I guess that you can be only one with this problem because I try dl and it worked. I don't know how to help you except maybe check FAQs there maybe is something connect with this problem. If not then try new E-mail adress. Hope that will work for you;)

Something... weird happened 4 turns ago. My city of York, in one turn, went from a population of 12 to 1, and lost all buildings. I knew no one had nukes, and I saw no ships. Sent out a destroyer... and found a stack of 60 german U-boats! These had, apaprently, bombarded York into the stone age...

I know that subs had deck guns but, at CIV's scale, these are useless. I haven't checked other nations subs but I think none should have bombardment... except maybe for the french Surcouf, who did have 8" guns!

How much U-boats??? Wow I didn't except that when I give German subs bombard ability. I should make only bombard when they are in group and one of the group is attacked. That can be done if bombard flag is unchecked. They can bombard when they are attacked but they can't provide shore bombing.

Thanks Nexxo for the answers. Still one problem.

I found the no raze patch and put it in my main conquests folder. I run it from there and any option I choose from the main menu gives me an error about missing a file about a science advisor. I think it's because I have no patches, my game is version 1.0.0 and the no raze patch is for 1.2.0 I think. Would that be the problem? And if so where is a good place to download the patch from? The link in the downloads section of this website is dead and the last time I tried to patch the game it messed it up so bad I had to uninstall and reinstall the whole game.

Nevermind I have solved the problem. I had to patch civ3 vanilla first then patch conquests, then copy and paste the no raze patch to the conquests folder, drag and drop didn't work. And after that, I had to figure out which main menu options were what, I think preferences=conquests. Anyway it's working fine now. Has anybody still reading this thread gotten far or completed a game? I'd like to know how it went.

I'm about 20 turns into a game as America on Regent. Here are some things I noticed: Great Britain declared war on the USSR for no apparent reason on turn 14. Because of tech trading between the allies we are almost done with the first stage of techs (1941-1942) and if the later ones don't take longer to research we will all have nukes and 100 range bombers by turn 120. Also, the Germans are obsessed with destroying the Maunsell Forts. They have sacrificed dozens of planes and ships attacking them with little progress and ignored almost everything else. And the M-10 Wolverine, unlocked about the same time as the M4A1, is cheaper than the M4A1 yet has superior stats. I know it was a tank destroyer but I think it should be more expensive. And lastly, I cannot upgrade any units. This may be stupid, but are we supposed to be able to? Overall it's very fun and balanced, but time consuming.

Here are some things I noticed: Great Britain declared war on the USSR for no apparent reason on turn 14.

I saw this too. Most likely, a brit ship ran into a USSR sub, and auto attacked. Saw it 4 times in my game. It's an old Civ bug...

I'm about 20 turns into a game as America on Regent. Here are some things I noticed: Great Britain declared war on the USSR for no apparent reason on turn 14. Because of tech trading between the allies we are almost done with the first stage of techs (1941-1942) and if the later ones don't take longer to research we will all have nukes and 100 range bombers by turn 120. Also, the Germans are obsessed with destroying the Maunsell Forts. They have sacrificed dozens of planes and ships attacking them with little progress and ignored almost everything else. And the M-10 Wolverine, unlocked about the same time as the M4A1, is cheaper than the M4A1 yet has superior stats. I know it was a tank destroyer but I think it should be more expensive. And lastly, I cannot upgrade any units. This may be stupid, but are we supposed to be able to? Overall it's very fun and balanced, but time consuming.

Well, I made Allies and Soviets separate so that they can continue game even if Germany is defeated. War between Allies and Soviets is not historical but I doubt that Allies or Soviets will launch land attack on each other. Maybe only they will skirmish on sea. I must check stats for M4A1 and M10 Wolverine to see if everything is in order. Upgradable units are possible only in same class. You can upgrade Panzer III Ausf E all to Panzer III Ausf N but you can't upgrade Panzer III Ausf E to let say Tiger or Panther because that would be unreal. Also it would be stupid if Germans upgrade BF-109 to ME 262. And I must if that is case increase cost of advance.

Thank you for report.

Top Bottom