1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

World Wonder Elimination Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by HoorayForSiam, May 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grant2004

grant2004 Citizen

Big Ben - 33
    Casa de Contratacion - 16
    Colosseum - 36
    Eiffel Tower - 14 = (13+1) So good for cultural victory, deserves to survive just a little longer.
    Forbidden City - 31
    Oracle - 31
    Oxford University - 6
    Pyramids - 34 = (37-3) It’s good, but with all of the options for extra builder charges available it shouldn’t be better than the colosseum.
    Temple of Artemis - 23

2. BarbarianHunter

BarbarianHunter King

Big Ben - 33
    Colosseum – 37 (36+1) --- The best wonder.
    Eiffel Tower - 14
    Forbidden City - 31
    Oracle – 28 (31-3) --- I’m sure it has its uses, but not to my playstyle. Multiple districts and the Oracle itself, in one city, in the early game, is a problem.
    Oxford University - 6
    Pyramids - 34
    Temple of Artemis – 23

3. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Big Ben - 34 (33+1) Mucho $$$ is all you really want at that point in most games (Spying/Thieves are super-boosters with this!)... for whichever Victory type you're pursuing.
    Colosseum - 34 (37-3) Pyramids (those are cumulative charges, btw) + BigBen (See above and more details in previous pages) + Oracle (etc) offer better "generic" effects than a simple gamble on a limited 6 tiles range for +2 of Culture/Amenity/Loyalty coming from (hopefully) more than 2/5 core cities. Good for Tall -- worst for Wide.
    Eiffel Tower - 14
    Forbidden City - 31
    Oracle - 28
    Oxford University - 6
    Pyramids - 34
    Temple of Artemis – 23

** A three-way tie!

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  4. Kimiimaro

Kimiimaro King

Big Ben - 34
    Colosseum – 34
    Eiffel Tower - 14
    Forbidden City - 31
    Oracle – 28
    Oxford University - 6-3=3 - The boost in science is nice, but we're picking the best of the best, and I'm afraid that the others are better.
    Pyramids - 34+1=35 - Demands one useless spot, comes in the first era, its effect is useful for the whole game. A must have, especially as Montezuma and Qin Shi Huang.
    Temple of Artemis – 23

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  5. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

Big Ben - 34
    Casa de Contratacion - 16 + 1 = 17 Powerful in very large maps
    Colosseum – 34
    Eiffel Tower - 14
    Forbidden City - 31
    Oracle – 28
    Oxford University - 3 - 3 = ELIMINATED Techs are random
    Pyramids - 35
    Temple of Artemis – 23

6. Forster

Forster Prince

Big Ben - 34-3= 31 Comes too late.
    Casa de Contratacion - 17
    Colosseum – 34
    Eiffel Tower - 14
    Forbidden City - 31
    Oracle – 28
    Pyramids - 35+1= 36 This starts early and keeps on giving the whole game. Sure you can get additional charges elsewhere, but the pyramids will also add to those. Saves a huge amount of production that can be used elsewhere.
    Temple of Artemis – 23

7. eleven11

eleven11 Warlord

Big Ben - 31
    Colosseum – 34
    Eiffel Tower - 11 (13-3) - It is great because it enables a culture strategy behind seaside resorts.. but seaside resorts aren't necessary.
    Forbidden City - 31
    Oracle – 28
    Pyramids - 36
    Temple of Artemis – 24 (23+1) - The amenity bonus from this comes much earlier than Colosseum freeing up expansion with growth. It also doesn't require an Entertainment district + Arena. It also allows you to make better use of your Builders since improving a plantation = 2 amenity with 1 charge.

8. Icicle

Icicle Prince

Cool thread, wish I had looked around sooner. :)

Big Ben - 31
    Colosseum – 34
    Eiffel Tower - 8 (11-3) We are at the stage where there are many strong, game changing, wonders remaining. And the Eiffel Tower.
    Forbidden City - 32 (31+1) This has to get the first vote I cast. This and Big Ben are the strongest wonders left, and this comes earlier and is generally easier to get.
    Oracle – 28
    Pyramids - 36
    Temple of Artemis – 24

9. kingofsealand

kingofsealand Warlord

Big Ben - 31
    Casa de Contratacion - 14 (17 - 3) I think the continent's based bonus is better than the promotions. Sometimes I need them but I largely ignore moksha and the general and find by the end that I've got plenty of promotions to spread amongst my other governors.
    Colosseum – 34
    Eiffel Tower - 8
    Forbidden City - 32
    Oracle – 29 (28+1) even if it takes you a bit to get up your districts in the same city what other wonder can give so many different great people points? Comes early so you've got a long while to take advantage.
    Pyramids - 36
    Temple of Artemis – 24

10. Siddorm

Siddorm Chieftain

Big Ben - 31
    Casa de Contratacion - 14
    Colosseum – 34
    Eiffel Tower - 5 (8-3) The weakest wonder left now.
    Forbidden City - 32
    Oracle – 29
    Pyramids - 37 (36+1) Same reason as I gave before.
    Temple of Artemis – 24

11. Amrunril

Amrunril Emperor

Big Ben - 32 (31 + 1) If planned well, this can pay for itself instantly in military or building production. Or it can be used to secure high value great people or saved to rush a spaceport with Reyna. This would be a solid wonder even without a policy slot.
    Colosseum – 34
    Eiffel Tower - 5
    Forbidden City - 32
    Oracle – 29
    Pyramids - 34 (37 - 3) This is pretty underwhelming once feudalism comes around (it's worth half as much as a policy card and can't be swapped out for something else when you aren't producing builders). While it does have a larger impact before that, it also comes at a time when opportunity costs of building wonders are very high.
    Temple of Artemis – 24

12. Leathaface

Leathaface Emperor

Man i'd sad I got here before Mausoleum at Halicarnassus got kicked out, I would have gotten in a couple of downvotes for sure.

Big Ben - 32
    Colosseum – 34
    Eiffel Tower - 6 (5 + 1) Useful for cultural victories.
    Forbidden City - 32
    Oracle – 29
    Pyramids - 31 (34 - 3) Lhang and Feudalism makes this wonder totally unnecessary, plus how often do you start on desert tiles? I prefer Petra over this outdated wonder.
    Temple of Artemis – 24

13. Timothy001

Timothy001 Prince

Big Ben - 32
    Colosseum – 34
    Eiffel Tower - 3 (6-3) Only useful for cultural victories.
    Forbidden City - 33 (32+1) Early and cheap.

Oracle – 29
    Pyramids - 31
    Temple of Artemis – 24

14. BenitoChavez

BenitoChavez Whispering Walrus

Big Ben - 33 = 32 + 1. Top 3 imo are this, Pyramids, and Colosseum. I already voted for Pyramids several times and Colosseum is in the lead.
    Colosseum – 34
    Eiffel Tower - Eliminated = 3 - 3. Only good 1/4 of the time.
    Forbidden City - 33
    Oracle – 29
    Pyramids - 31
    Temple of Artemis – 24

15. sadsquid

sadsquid Warlord

Big Ben - 30 (33-3) A strong wonder, but a little too high atm. Having to not spend money for an indeterminate amount of time to ensure the biggest boost is not ideal. You'd really want to be spending money on units/buildings/etc earlier to get the most benefit from them.
    Colosseum – 34
    Forbidden City - 34 (33+1) Best, most flexible wonder in the game I'd say
    Oracle – 29
    Pyramids - 31
    Temple of Artemis – 24

16. Rosty K

Rosty K King

Big Ben - 30
    Casa de Contratacion - 11 (14 - 3) - of the remaining this is probably the weakest one. Works great if you start on the border of two continents, otherwise very situational.
    Colosseum – 34
    Forbidden City - 35 (34+1) Useful in any situation without exception
    Oracle – 29
    Pyramids - 31
    Temple of Artemis – 24

17. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Deity

Big Ben - 30
    Casa de Contratacion - 12=11+1 Better than Oracle.
    Colosseum – 34
    Forbidden City - 35
    Oracle – 29-3=26 Oracle is basically never self-built. Cause its bonus only lies on mid-late game but it cost precious early game hammers. Notice that the +2 GP point only applies when you have certain type of district in that city, making it actually very few.
    Pyramids - 31
    Temple of Artemis – 24

18. kaspergm

kaspergm Deity

Big Ben - 31 (30+1) - Upvoting because it's both versatile, powerful and universally useful.
    Casa de Contratacion - 9 (12-3) - the worst of those remaining. I recognize that it can be good if you go extremely wide, but imo the bonuses are not enough to really make a difference for new cities, and once your cities go big, you'll be winning anyway.
    Colosseum – 34
    Forbidden City - 35
    Oracle – 26
    Pyramids - 31
    Temple of Artemis – 24

19. Macedong

Macedong Chieftain

I'm very sad to see Eiffel Tower go; I know its only for one victory type, but in my opinion, it can very difficult to even achieve this victory type without it.

Also, I don't think that how difficult it is to get a wonder from the AI should factor in to the rankings (or maybe just a tiny bit). Most of the time you get these wonders primarily from chopping, so the downside of the chance of failure and losing hammers is pretty low.

Big Ben - 31
    Casa de Contratacion - 6 (9-3): echo kaspergm's comments
    Colosseum – 34
    Forbidden City - 35
    Oracle – 26
    Pyramids - 32 (31+1): Use a builder to chop down 3 trees for a new builder and all subsequent builders get an extra charge. This is very good.
    Temple of Artemis – 24

20. kb27787

kb27787 Deity

Big Ben - 31
    Casa de Contratacion - 6
    Colosseum – 34
    Forbidden City - 35
    Oracle – 26 - 3 = 23 Really, cost a lot of hammers, is on a bad civic to research early, AND you don't really get the benefits until several dozens turns later where you get the districts built. Unless you have harvest pantheon you don't really get to faith-buy GP due to the sheer cost, and if you have harvest pantheon, well, it is so strong that it does not need the discount.
    Pyramids - 32
    Temple of Artemis – 24 + 1 = 25 Probably the safest early wonder to try building. AH to Archery is a natural beeline tech on deity, and if it fails, you get the refunded hammers at least on archers whose tech you already have. Early housing, food (a godsend on those food-less plains hills start or on tundra Russia starts) and amenity is also a pretty nice boost which allows you to sell your luxes more freely. This wonder was awesome in BNW, and though less impressive (if they gave +10% to ranged unit production from BNW as well it would be too good perhaps) in RnF it is darned useful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.