1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[WTP] Quick questions

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - We The People' started by Nightinggale, Feb 7, 2020.

1. MeagPig44

MeagPig44 Chieftain

@Mr. ZorG

There is no "Mods" folder in the folder you spoke of

2. Mr. ZorG

Mr. ZorG Warlord

so I did not insist on it) I assumed.
    I'll try this beta5 now, just downloaded))

3. Mr. ZorG

Mr. ZorG Warlord

@MeagPig44
    then you need to create this folder)

I just checked - this is a beta5 bug))) who and why posted a link to it is unclear ...

4. Drum Red

Drum Red Chieftain

@MeagPig44
    You have to create the folder yourself. If it fits and the game recognizes it, you should see the mods in the game overview.

Otherwise, simply download 2.7.2. beta1 is more up-to-date than the other one anyway and put the orders in your previously used folder.

@Mr.ZorG
    was not a reproach, C2C for Civ IV, for example, must now be installed in the same way or installed as you suggested.

regards

5. Mr. ZorG

Mr. ZorG Warlord

6. raystuttgart

raystuttgart Civ4Col Modder

Ah ok, so it is again a Steam issue. :crazyeye:
    (Or to be more specific an issue with the Steam version of the game.)

Yes, I heard many times as well, that Steam needs to have mods installed in only one specific folder.
    (For the old disc version you could have 2 alternative options.)

Path to install Mods for Steam version:
    C: \ Program Files (x86) \ steamapps \ common \ Civilization IV Colonization \ Mods \ <WTP Mod>

"Mods" needs to be created manually if it does not exist ...

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
  7. Mr. ZorG

Mr. ZorG Warlord

small correction: initially the Steam library is installed in the C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Steam folder :old:
    I transferred the game library to drive D in order to leave drive C for OS only :)

raystuttgart likes this.
  8. Mr. ZorG

Mr. ZorG Warlord

By the way, where did the archbishop from the leaderboard on the right side of the screen go? Earlier it was possible to turn to him with any request, but now he is not there.

9. raystuttgart

Hm, I am not sure. :think:
    However, you can definitely still contact him in the Diplomacy Screen.

10. MeagPig44

MeagPig44 Chieftain

I don't think it's a pathing problem. @Drum Red said that it was the version I was using. If it was a pathing problem, it doesn't make sense that I could open the mod. I tried it anyways, but when I deleted my "Mods" folder from the old spot, a new one was created anyways. However, when I use the version that Drum Red told me to use (2.7.2. beta1), I keep getting this: WTP capture3.PNG

Any ideas?

11. raystuttgart

Did you read "install_instructions.txt"?

You need to copy one of the 2 DLLs inside separate folders of the installation directory of the mod into "Assets" directory of the mod.
    (I suggest you use the DLL from "2 city plot" to copy it into "Assets" - it adds more new gameplay)

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
  12. Raubwuerger

Raubwuerger Chieftain

I've a short question. Is it possible to determine which good should be thrown away if the store is overfilled?

I've a inland city which has the only silver ore deposite in my empire. But it has only on flat plot there I can use a farmer. The rest of the food comes from several hunters (+37 furs a turn).
    So my store is always overfilled an not only the furs are thrown away, but also the silver. And also tools, if want to build something ... That's really sad, and needs a lot of micromanagment ...

13. Mr. ZorG

Mr. ZorG Warlord

Unfortunately, such a function is not yet available ...

14. raystuttgart

Hi guys,

I think I need to explain a bit, how LbD ("Learning by Doing") works and how it is now affected by "Happiness vs Unhappiness".

Become Expert and become Free are base on increasing chances per turn (until it theoretically reaches 100%) and min turns.
    Flee and Revolt are simply based on chances.

Happiness vs Unhappiness will effect these chances and min turns.
    (The higher the Happiness / Unhappines the stronger the effect.)

These features are not deterministic.
    There is no way to predict that "Become Expert" / "Become Free" / "Flee" or "Revolt" will definitely happen in turn X.

You could calculate only the
    • the current chance per turn
    • summed up chance that it will happen within x turns or x+1 turns.
    I will simplify it for you but it should give you a general understanding.
    (I have not the different values for Happiness vs. Unhappiness, because each of them would have a separate green or red line.)

Become Expert:
    Spoiler :

Become Free:
    Spoiler :

Flee or Revolt:
    Spoiler :

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
  15. PPanda0421

PPanda0421 Chieftain

Hi,

While we're all in quarantine mode, I decided to have a look back at Civ4Col and found this FANTASTIC mod! I've been playing RAR for a few weeks now and eventually updated to WTP 2.7.2 beta. A lot of things are different (for the better) and challenging making it more fun! Since I'm new to this mod,
    I have some questions about gameplay. Things may be working as intended or they could be bugs. Hope I can get some info:

1. Before I started revolution I raised about 400000 gold (I'm an experienced Civ4Col player ;P). However, when revolution started I am not able to 'hurry production' at all! I understand because of the boycott I can't buy resources like tools/swords/stone, etc. But when I do have those resources and only need production it won't let me hurry! Makes gold useless during revolution except for going to Port Royal. Is this intended?
    2. I killed all the crowns land units except for the Royal ships but the war isn't over! In vanilla you win by destroying all of the crown's land units during revolution. Now I must search the world for those ships! Is this intended?
    3. When I buy swords from Port Royal the game does not recognize them when I try to create calvary! I have all the other resources. Workaround: the stockpile must already contain swords made by the blacksmith. When I drag the swords bought from Port Royal only then can I create calvary. (seems like a bug)
    4. This might be a bug from vanilla. Sometimes it is hard to click units. You have to zoom way out to click the right unit. Especially bad when the unit is around the settlement.
    5. Due to #4 the game will sometimes select all units on the tile even they are not grouped.
    6. Due to #5 transports with trade routes are cancelled.

Thanks.for all your efforts and hard work!

7. Edit: Just found/killed all the kings remaining ships but there's no victory/congratulatory message! I looked at the victory conditions. I used the defaults: revolution and domination. Do you have to satisfy all of them or just one of them?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
  16. eatcarrotsnow

eatcarrotsnow Chieftain

How do you complete find the route to Asia under quests? Is there documentation for the quests you can complete?

17. raystuttgart

You need to find the access to Europe in the Pacific (West side of the map)

18. Schmiddie

Schmiddie Emperor

Is it no longer possible to capture other wagons?

19. raystuttgart

It should, unless I messed up somewhere ...
    (I however did not purposely change anything to that.)

I will check it. :thumbsup:

20. lethiel

lethiel Streaming Col at https://www.twitch.tv/lethiel01

@raystuttgart
    I believe it must have been changed a few years ago. IMO it's clearly better now. You never had to build a wagon yourself as you just took endless amounts of them from the AI.
    A low chance of capturing a wagon but otherwise destroying them might work well though, just like ships. :think:

XSamatan likes this.