The installation path looks correct. :thumbsup:
(That should not be the issue then - it does not contain special characters.)

And yes, you have WTP installed. :thumbsup:
(I just asked, because you said "RaR".)

I currently do not know though what could cause the issue. :dunno:
Maybe somebody else from the team has an idea though.

Open the file Documents\My Games\Civ4Colonization\CivilizationIV.ini
Civ4Colonization might differ depending on if you have steam/gog/disc version installed.

Code:
; Set to 1 for no python exception popups
HidePythonExceptions = 1
Set this to 0. It will likely allow python to tell where in the code something went wrong. Hopefully it will say something we can use to track down whatever is causing your issue.

Documents\My Games\Civ4Colonization\Logs\PythonErr.log could also be useful.
Code:
; Enable the logging system
LoggingEnabled = 1
Set this to 1 in CivilizationIV.ini or the log wouldn't be interesting.

@raystuttgart

I have started a couple games through "Play Now", and both times this occurred. I'll create a custom game this time and see what happens.

Thanks for confirming my installation path was correct. I'll keep you updated, and I'll check back to see if anyone posts anything new!

perhaps this does not affect, but it’s more correct, I think, to install the mod in the folder with the game, and not with the game’s cache.

perhaps this does not affect, but it’s more correct, I think, to install the mod in the folder with the game, and not with the game’s cache.
Where should I put the mod? I have tried making a mod folder- it never showed up. Can you specify where I should put it?

if you have a Steam version of the game, then all games are installed in this folder by default: X \ SteamLibrary \ steamapps \ common
X is the letter HDD.

this is how it looks on my computer:
D: \ SteamLibrary \ steamapps \ common \ Civilization IV Colonization \ Mods \ Mod-small-features

Mod-small-features can be changed to the name of the folder that you prefer)

edit: and yet, can you post a link to the github here, where did you download the game version from? because I don’t see beta 5 in the tree...

edit2: the link is not needed - I figured it out myself)

Last edited:
Hi MeagPig44,

maybe it's a problem with the version you have "v2.7.1-beta5".
I use the last beta version (2.7.2-beta-1) after the Github Release Page Link from the thread "[We the People] Mod overview". So far it has been going well.

@Mr.ZorG:
It has no effect if the mods are stored in the game’s cache. Old games in particular create folders directly for this. Civ is a good example of that.
Maybe the graphic error really comes from the version used.

@MeagPig44
You have to create the folder yourself. If it fits and the game recognizes it, you should see the mods in the game overview.

Otherwise, simply download 2.7.2. beta1 is more up-to-date than the other one anyway and put the orders in your previously used folder.

@Mr.ZorG
was not a reproach, C2C for Civ IV, for example, must now be installed in the same way or installed as you suggested.

regards

Ah ok, so it is again a Steam issue. :crazyeye:
(Or to be more specific an issue with the Steam version of the game.)

Yes, I heard many times as well, that Steam needs to have mods installed in only one specific folder.
(For the old disc version you could have 2 alternative options.)

Path to install Mods for Steam version:
C: \ Program Files (x86) \ steamapps \ common \ Civilization IV Colonization \ Mods \ <WTP Mod>

"Mods" needs to be created manually if it does not exist ...

Last edited:
small correction: initially the Steam library is installed in the C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Steam folder :old:
I transferred the game library to drive D in order to leave drive C for OS only :)

By the way, where did the archbishop from the leaderboard on the right side of the screen go? Earlier it was possible to turn to him with any request, but now he is not there.

By the way, where did the archbishop from the leaderboard on the right side of the screen go? Earlier it was possible to turn to him with any request, but now he is not there.
Hm, I am not sure. :think:
However, you can definitely still contact him in the Diplomacy Screen.

Ah ok, so it is again a Steam issue. :crazyeye:
(Or to be more specific an issue with the Steam version of the game.)

Yes, I heard many times as well, that Steam needs to have mods installed in only one specific folder.
(For the old disc version you could have 2 alternative options.)

Path to install Mods for Steam version:
C: \ Program Files (x86) \ steamapps \ common \ Civilization IV Colonization \ Mods \ <WTP Mod>

"Mods" needs to be created manually if it does not exist ...
I don't think it's a pathing problem. @Drum Red said that it was the version I was using. If it was a pathing problem, it doesn't make sense that I could open the mod. I tried it anyways, but when I deleted my "Mods" folder from the old spot, a new one was created anyways. However, when I use the version that Drum Red told me to use (2.7.2. beta1), I keep getting this:
WTP capture3.PNG

Any ideas?

Any ideas?
Did you read "install_instructions.txt"?

You need to copy one of the 2 DLLs inside separate folders of the installation directory of the mod into "Assets" directory of the mod.
(I suggest you use the DLL from "2 city plot" to copy it into "Assets" - it adds more new gameplay)

Last edited:
I've a short question. Is it possible to determine which good should be thrown away if the store is overfilled?

I've a inland city which has the only silver ore deposite in my empire. But it has only on flat plot there I can use a farmer. The rest of the food comes from several hunters (+37 furs a turn).
So my store is always overfilled an not only the furs are thrown away, but also the silver. And also tools, if want to build something ... That's really sad, and needs a lot of micromanagment ...

Top Bottom