YnAMP - Yet (not) Another Maps Pack

YnAMP - Development thread Civ6

To change their placement ? yes, it should.

With 0 City States in setup, you'll have 0 City States in the game.

Here I suppose, or Github, as I don't plan to get the DLC.
Unfortunately this custom file doesn`t work.
Any idea what I may be doing wrong?

jup, that fixed the problem, using custom.xml works like a charm :)

thx very much - ah, and Ha Long Bay is a 2tile nw, first tile southwest

Any luck getting Greatest Earth to work with the newest patch or are we still in the same boat? Won't be able to test until the weekend.

Can't wait to play the two latest Civ's (S.E. Asia and Pacific islanders) on your maps. Now if they'll just release the Mongols, Incas and a native American tribe the maps will be pretty rounded out.

To change their placement ? yes, it should.

With 0 City States in setup, you'll have 0 City States in the game.

Here I suppose, or Github, as I don't plan to get the DLC.
Does this mean no official update to the mod to input the TSL for the new civs / wonder is coming?

Gedemon, will you be updating the giant earth map with true start location for Khmer and Indonesia.

You can put them in yourself and post them here, then I'm sure it will be updated. I just finished looking up placement for "Greatest Earth Map" because that's the one I plan to play on.

Indonesia has been placed on what I assume is Java (a 4-tile island), but given the unique improvement of Indonesia, I doubt that's a problem. That island was chosen because the capital Majapahit is modern Trowulan.

Khmer has been placed near Angkor Thom in modern day Cambodia.

Map.xml
Code:
<Replace MapName="GreatestEarthMap" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_KHMER"        X="84" Y="37" />
<Replace MapName="GreatestEarthMap" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_INDONESIA"        X="86" Y="25" />

Dunno about natural wonders... I'll wait for someone smarter than me to sort that out :D

Can't one just modify the actual Giant Earth map xml? We don't actually need to create a new xml do we? That seems redundant. If further TSL are not going to be 'officially' added, it doesn't seem to make sense to create an independent file.

I do plan to have the TSL in the Giant Earth files, but I can't give you an ETA as I won't search/set the TSL myself (I don't plan to get the DLC, and I'm busy with other mods)

If you change the Giant earth file on your side and I update the mod before validating & including those TSL (unlike Firaxis, I'm allowed to do hot fixes when needed), your change will be deleted by my update, that's the point of having custom independent files for your changes until they're "officially" added to the mod.

Anyone have the xml name for the city-state that replaces Jakarta?

Hells. I just realized.. isn't there more than one new city-state? That means we need to add those starting positions too right?

Anyone know their names?

Last edited:
Anyone have the xml name for the city-state that replaces Jakarta?

Hells. I just realized.. isn't there more than one new city-state? That means we need to add those starting positions too right?

Anyone know their names?
I managed to change City States locations, yet I also set city states to 30 and the ones I placed have different names. Yet it worked. I suppose City-States are random therefore its hard to be certain if exact ones will come up.

Last edited:
Yes it's random. If you want to test them, just launch a game with only 2 major civs and set the CS slider to 60.

Ok, I'll add the positions, but I'll let you do the tests. I've already the data for Indonesia from the Modern Civilization project, thanks to Mobfire, I just need to add the Khmer and the NW. I won't change the CS.

Map.xml
Code:
<Replace MapName="GreatestEarthMap" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_KHMER"        X="84" Y="37" />
<Replace MapName="GreatestEarthMap" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_INDONESIA"        X="86" Y="25" />

Dunno about natural wonders... I'll wait for someone smarter than me to sort that out :D
I'll put the Khmer at 83,39 to be compatible with Sukritact's Tonlé Sap

I had Khmer at 77, 39, and Indo at 84, 28, so 83, 39 should be good. More production there I think.

Update on GitHub

Code:
- add TSL for Indonesia and Khmer on the Giant and Greatest Earth maps
- add support for Ha Long Bay and Sukritact's Tonlé Sap on the Terra Map script (Sukritact's Fuji was already working)
- add position for Ha Long Bay on the Giant and Greatest Earth maps
- add position for Sukritact's Fuji on the Greatest Earth map
- remove Largest Earth from the mod as it's still not working with the Fall patch (it will be released again as a separate mod component)
- bug fix to the mod's fallback function for Starting Positions
- bug fix for extra luxuries placement
- make the enforce TSL placement option compatible with GCO

Huzzah!

Fare ye well tiny se asia map, I hardly knew ye!

Okay, after a couple of bad starts (I had to delete some old files turns out), Khmer is up and running.

Anyone verify Indo yet?

edit: One thing i note, however, is khmer does not start with fresh water or a coast. Fine for a player, ai might have an issue.

edit 2: @Gedemon my map shows khmer start at 76,42. I moved to 77,42 for fresh water. 76 has no water, all jungle (so no farms). You said 83,39 earlier. Did you change this?

edit 3: im thinking you meant to say indonesia with that position.

edit 4: is the ai capable of moving to the river you think? I know the German settler switches it up a lot.

edit 4: this map is so frkn awesome Ged. Just beautiful. Thanks again for sharing.

Last edited:
Hello,

since this update, i can't play on my old multiplayer map. With my friend , we have a map on giant earth with 18 AI. and we can't launch because the game say "map too small".

if you have an idea ?

Is someone able to provide the correct coordinates for Brunei - the city state that is replacing Jakarta? It should be near the mountain on the bigger island north of jakarta - but someone with modding skills and a world builder can be more specific.

Brunei really needs to be in correct location as the small island that Jakarta is currently located at is Java - and this is the location that Indonesia now need to be based at as this is where the Indonesian capital in the game is based (or should be based)

Top Bottom