You know what's humbling?

It is kind of strange when you think about it, and all that time that passed before you were born. Food for thought, no?

Lie down on the grass in the middle of the night. Look straight up at the sky and think : it doesn't end.

ummmm...if i had grass to lie down on and if the night sky wasn't clouded by pollution, I might actually do that

Globber, just take a short hike to ouside the city limits, or drive even, you'd be surprised what a night in the open will do for you. I always go to Kananaskis to clear my head and enjoy the skiing!

I'm afraid I don't see the humbling nature of death. Life is a waterfall, we're one in the river and one again after the fall. Death is not an end, only a benchmark.

Time is not an element, it is said so in the scriptures of Poola, Time is indeed a 4th dimension.

It can be very humbling when:

1. The guy you challenged to a fight is a LITTLE GUY; and,
2. That LITTLE GUY hit you over the head with a LARGE STICK!:D

Originally posted by Immortal
Globber, just take a short hike to ouside the city limits, or drive even, you'd be surprised what a night in the open will do for you. I always go to Kananaskis to clear my head and enjoy the skiing!
There're no outside city limits in Singapore. The country is the entire city..... :crazyeyes It's a concrete jungle everywhere here.

Originally posted by Knight-Dragon
There're no outside city limits in Singapore. The country is the entire city..... :crazyeyes It's a concrete jungle everywhere here.

I grew up in New York, and its pretty much the same there too.

Now that I think about it, I never looked up the whole time I lived there. I didnt want to make eye-contact with anybody. :cringe:

I thought this was going to be:

SKYWALKER: You know what's humbling?

(world WHAT?)

SKYWALKER: Comparing my post count to kittenOFchaos or even Juize...

But oh no...this is a quality thread:

What I find humbling is being such a light-weight drinker...3 pints and I'm away with the fairies!

:p

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Richelieu
Lie down on the grass in the middle of the night. Look straight up at the sky and think : it doesn't end.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by ren

I fail to believe that this is true :(

OK. So, you get to the end of it: what's on the other side ? :(

It is a trip.

Weird to think that sooooo much happened before you were ever even thought of.

While you're looking up at that dim star, realize that the light you're seeing might have left that star while Hannibal was driving his elephants toward Rome, while Alexander was partying after his most recent conquest, while the ancients were building the pyramids in Giza, etc....

In other words you're seeing back in time to what that star looked like thousands of years ago, and for all that time since, that light has been making its way here.....while all the things that have happened in history in between were going on....

That star may not even exist anymore.....it may have blown apart, or collapsed on itself while Charlemagne was alive, or as the founding fathers were signing the Declaration of Independece....

[dejected mode] Sigh! You want to know what's really humbling - getting the opposition (Cricket) side all-out for 142 and having your own side lose 6 wickets for 24 in reply with the Skipper (me) batting 10 overs and getting out in the last over before stumps to a dumb shot after giving the lads a pep talk about responsible batting :eek: :cry: [/dejected mode]

PS. andycapp has decided not to jump this time

Top Bottom