Your political compass

What was your result after taking the political compass questionnaire?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No they say lower left. Probably because the NDP holds a very live and let live philosophy socially, while at the same time portraying themselves as robin hoods economically.

Overall, the PoliticsForum quiz considers you a big-government, protectionist, non-absolutist, controlled-market kind of person.

These characteristics would put you in the overall category of social conservative protectionist. Your natural home at PoliticsForum would be the Conservatism area.

You scored 54 out of 100 on a scale of Individual vs Social.
You scored 50 out of 100 on a scale of Theist vs Materialist.
You scored 35 out of 100 on a scale of Big Government vs Small Government. This means that politically you are less likely to believe that government should keep out of legislating social policies, leaving such decisions to individuals.
You scored 54 out of 100 on a scale of Nationalist vs Internationalist.
You scored 30 out of 100 on a scale of Protectionist vs Free Trader. This means that politically you are less likely to favour free trade over protectionist policies.
You scored 70 out of 100 on a scale of Absolutist vs Non Absolutist. This means that politically you are less likely to believe that there is an absolute truth that may guide your ideological beliefs.
You scored 29 out of 100 on a scale of Controlled Market vs Liberal Market. This means that politically you are more likely to believe that there is need for government regulation of industry.
You scored 42 out of 100 on a scale of Marxist vs Non-Marxist.

Sure you are, you just don't know it yet.

Since I took this the first time I believe I have changed extremely.

It's been a while but I still haven't changed much.

I think it is wrong to retake the test.

It's crazy to expect any significant change in your views in just 2 years, unless you are that unstable, that easily influenced and insecure about them.

I mean 1 year you are extreme right, the other a moderate, come on....that's nuts

I think it is wrong to retake the test.

It's crazy to expect any significant change in your views in just 2 years, unless you are that unstable, that easily influenced and insecure about them.

I mean 1 year you are extreme right, the other a moderate, come on....that's nuts

They may just have rethought a political position and came up with a better stance. Which is always better, and never a bad thing.

THEN
Economic Left/Right: -4.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.77

NOW

Economic Left/Right: -4.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.03

Going Lefter and Downer, neither significantly.

Dalai Lama!!!

and more significantly, NDP!

In 2 months I've shifted (or maybe just switched a few dis/agrees to strong) a 0.51 towards the economic centre and 0.57 further into social liberalism... new points:

Economic Left/Right: -4.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.49

They may just have rethought a political position and came up with a better stance. Which is always better, and never a bad thing.

If today a person is Left Authoritarian, 6 months later becomes Left Libertarian and 6 months after that turns into Right Libertarian, IMO this person is immature and easily influenced.

I can expect these sort of changes to happen over 10 years or so, after a long, gradual and thoughtful process.

But if one changes from white to black in an instant, this person is absolutely clueless about his stances.

If today a person is Left Authoritarian, 6 months later becomes Left Libertarian and 6 months after that turns into Right Libertarian, IMO this person is immature and easily influenced.

I can expect these sort of changes to happen over 10 years or so, after a long, gradual and thoughtful process.

A lot can happen in 6 months is my response to that, making dramatic changes over a period of 10 years seems to me less like well thought out repositioning than sleep walking, or rather, sleep crawling.

But if one changes from white to black in an instant, this person is absolutely clueless about his stances.

You used the example of two years. A person can completely change in two years time.

Just redone the PoliticsForum one, my overall class remains the same "socially-orientated, materialist, internationalist, free-trade, controlled-market kind of person", but I've moved:

Down from 70 to 63 on the Individual - Social scale

Up from 89 to 91 on the Theist - Materialist scale

Unchanged at 46 on the Big Govt - Small Govt scale

Unchanged at 78 on the Nationalist - Internationalist scale

Unchanged at 76 on the Protectionist - Free Trade scale

Up from 47 to 54 on the Absolutist - Non-absolutist scale

Up from 18 to 26 on the Controlled Market - Liberal Market scale

Up from 45 to 47 on the Marxist - Non-Marxist scale

I'm fairly sure these changes are from giving more neutral answers on economic questions rather than slight positive/negative answers... while the individualist changes might be from greater exposure to practical law -.-

Tis nice to know though that I'm in the top 5% least theist lolz.

Well, if they have made these changes, it shows that they are growing up.

;)

But seriously, a lot of people here are of the age range where they have just begun to think seriously about how they feel about a lot of things, and shortly thereafter realize how practical their ideas really are. So sweeping changes aren't really surprising.

Plus, the language of that test is slightly loaded (but not necessarily biased toward one direction or another), so depending on the day one is having, one could swing a few points either way just based on that.

You used the example of two years. A person can completely change in two years time.

I think that significant changes in views in 2 years is a sign of immaturity and premature conclusions about the world. Worst case this could mean that this person is easily influenced or unstable.

IMO, ideally significant changes should occur in ten years.

Well, if they have made these changes, it shows that they are growing up.
But seriously, a lot of people here are of the age range where they have just begun to think seriously about how they feel about a lot of things, and shortly thereafter realize how practical their ideas really are. So sweeping changes aren't really surprising.

I strongly agree.
Immature people (everybody has been one) will have immature ideas that can change very significantly in a very short period of time.

"and shortly thereafter realize how practical their ideas really are"
Premature conclusions those are IMO.

I think that significant changes in views in 2 years is a sign of immaturity and premature conclusions about the world. Worst case this could mean that this person is easily influenced or unstable.

IMO, ideally significant changes should occur in ten years.

What gives your the ten year time frame?

"and shortly thereafter realize how practical their ideas really are"
Premature conclusions those are IMO.

My conclusions are premature, or the conclusions people make before a large change of opinion?

Because really, what high school student isn't an idealist? What college graduate isn't more pragmatic? +8's and -6's and so forth aren't the way the world works... but I haven't quite let myself believe that yet; I've got some time left in school before I need to be practical.

;)

What gives your the ten year time frame?

Ten years is a really long period that allows you to make the gradual changes in your views, gradual changes which are necessary if you want to be taken seriously in this world.

If you come here and say one thing, come back in 6 months say another and 6 months later say another thing. People will stop taking you seriously or even listening to you because you are unstable and because you can't stand by the things you say.

Actually, look at where they rank the '08 candidates. I think it's exaggerated a little, but some of them are way to the right and way near the top.

I think those would have to be grossly exaggerated, or else taken from BS political campaign speeches. Clearly, Romney didn't govern Massachusetts quite like his position on the chart might imply.

Hey, these people aren't John Kerry where they can't flip flop once over 30 years. So let them think how they want. Sometimes changing your mind can be a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom