Your thoughts on...

rmsharpe said:
I told you, I'm for desegregation. Integration means busing, quotas, and low expectations.

Chicago, Detroit, Los Angeles...are these model cities? They're disasters, and why? Because of these kinds of social policies that excuse bad behavior.

excuse me?

take a look at the old south where black people couldn't drink for the public water fountains on the city square as they'd be beaten to death and tell me that is a 'model' society.

I'd never pegged you for a racist, but here you are starting to sound like someone who lieks to blame (maybe subconscoiusly) all society's ills on the 'niggers' and other racial minorities.

carlosMM said:
you are referring to forced integration I take it.
That is what "integration" means to me. If we're talking about desegregation, that's different.

Well, simple answer: some integration was forced as there was no other way to break the mental block, especially in the south.
No, all that did was create more conflict. If you lived in a more prosperous neighborhood, would you want your kids being sent to the inner city? Of course not, and if mine were, I'd pull them out in a second.

now find me a case where whites were hurt in black neighbourhood because of being 'trucked' there.
Anywhere that it's happened. The affluent whites in turn have withdrawn their students from the public school system, and rightfully so.

and yes, minorities like blacks in the US should simply stop being black, right now, ro where would that otherwise lead to
Being black doesn't have anything to do with anything. If you're black, whoopie, I don't care! It isn't about race.

carlosMM said:
excuse me?

take a look at the old south where black people couldn't drink for the public water fountains on the city square as they'd be beaten to death and tell me that is a 'model' society.
When did I ever say anything remotely like that?

I'd never pegged you for a racist, but here you are starting to sound like someone who lieks to blame (maybe subconscoiusly) all society's ills on the 'niggers' and other racial minorities.
Read again: it isn't about race.

rmsharpe said:
That is what "integration" means to me. If we're talking about desegregation, that's different.
yeah, change the meaning (but don't tell), then go ranting, nice way to get a message across without ever saying it.
No, all that did was create more conflict. If you lived in a more prosperous neighborhood, would you want your kids being sent to the inner city? Of course not, and if mine were, I'd pull them out in a second.
uh, is the courts and black people's problem that arrganot rich whites felt they were to good?
Anywhere that it's happened. The affluent whites in turn have withdrawn their students from the public school system, and rightfully so.
prove it.
the affluent INTOLERANT whites did afterwards not have their racist segregationist ways as easily anymore.

Being black doesn't have anything to do with anything. If you're black, whoopie, I don't care! It isn't about race.
yeah, as any black knows they do NTO get stopped by the police more often, not beaten by the police more often, not suspected as theifs or murderers more easily.....

and the forced integration you were clamoring about also was not about race, right! It was about... uh, tax rates, yeah, that's the ticket, the low-tax payers and the high-tax payers were integrated, yeah!

Religion?
They are all false, and I don't like it all too much. There are differences though. Some are dangerous (Christianity & Islam) and some are harmless (Wicca).

Abortion?
A fetus is not a human with rights by any means, so abort away.

Welfare?
Of course there needs to be a basic safety net in a society to keep the living standards of the very poor at an acceptable level.

Affirmative Action?
Against. Blacks, Hispanics, and Amerinds are not hired much relative to Whites and Asians because they are poor and uneducated, not because of racial discrimination.

The Death Penalty?
Against. Giving the justice system the power to kill is far too much power for the government.

Gay Marriage?
I'm 100% for, but Civil Unions are the same thing, and mentioning marriage just seems to upset righties, so unions are better at this point.

Gay Adoption?
For. Rights for gay couples simply outweigh theoretical problems for the child.

Hate Crimes?
Hate crimes suck, but they should be treated no differently from non hate crimes.

Education?
I think that children should be given options for vocational/technical educational alternatives to the standard HS->College path that is now required for sucess. With proper preparation I also think that we could give them the equivalent of a High School education by the age of 15-16 instead of 18.

The Environment?
Since environmental issues have affects across the board for all Americans, the government (which is the people) should should legislate clean air/water standards and emission cuts. And we already have an alternative power source, NUCLEAR POWER DAMNIT but try telling it to the smelly hippies.

Animal Testing?
Bring it on. Better tested on animals than humans. I don't think individual animals have any rights anyway.

AIDS?
AIDS is...bad? What do you mean by this question?

School Vouchers?
Letting parents take their children out of some schools to put them in others will not only kill the schools that lose students but stress the resources of good schools to the breaking point. Against.

School Prayer?
Guess what, there is NOTHING preventing people or groups of people from praying in school. Just laws preventing prayers over the intercom, which are necessary (church & state?)

"One Nation, Under God"?
I haven't said the pledge in years. This is really not a big deal.

Drug Legalization?
Legalize everything but heroin and cocaine, which I'm undecided on.

Prostitution Legalization?
Yes. It will free up police resources, stop unjust arrests, and prostitutes will report rights violations against them if they don't fear arrest.

Legalized Gambling?
Go right ahead.

Age of Consent?
Lower it to 15. Example: In glorious America, a an 18 year old who does it with a 17 year old can be on sex offender lists for life.

Premarital Sex?
Totally unobjectionable.

Single Parenthood?
It seems to me that single parenthood is like normal parenthood, that it can be done right or poorly.

School Uniforms?
Don't care.

Drinking Age of 21?
Drinking Age of 18. Drinking Age of 14 with parental consent.

Immigration?
Not a problem unless we start getting whackjobs like Europe does.

The War on Terror?
I'm all for destroying Terrorists and Al-Queda cells, but it's mighty silly to declare war on an adjective.

The Country's Current Leadership?
Sucks.

Voting?
If you don't vote, then you might as well be living in a super benevolent version of North Korea. Vote.

Saddam Hussein?
He was an ass and I'm glad he's rotting in a jail cell. It wasn't worth going to war to get him, however.

Osama Bin Laden?
Needs to be found.

Euthanasia?
For.

Assisted Suicide?
For.

Suicide?
Not my buisness.

Self-Mutilation?
Self-mutilators are weird in the head.

Mental Illness?
The government seriously needs to get mentally ill people off of the streets and into hospitals.

Eating Disorders?
Needs treatment.

Addiction - A Choice or a Disease?
A disease. Learn some neurology.

Three Strikes Law?

You Choose...

Bush or Kerry?
Kerry

Republican or Democrat?
Independent, but Dems better.

Cheney or Edwards?
Edwards.

Rehabilitation or Imprisionment/Punishment?
Rehab.

Marijuana - Legal or Illegal?
Legal

Adoption or Abortion?
Abortion, unless you are white.

Life or Death?
Uhhh...life, I guess.

Gay Marriage or Civil Unions?
Marraige, if possible.

Gay Marriage or Nothing?
Marriage.

Civil Unions or Nothing?
Unions.

Segregation or Intergration?
Integration, but that's the choice of people, not the government.

Yes Or No...

Is our economy really on the mend?
Yes and no.

Do homosexuals deserve equal rights under the law?
Yes.

Is banning gay marriage legalizing discrimination?
Yes.

Do we have a right to be in Iraq?
Yes and no.

Did we enter Iraq for the right reasons?
No.

Do you think there are weapons of mass destruction?
No.

Do you feel 9/11 could have been prevented by better leadership?
Yes.

Questions

Who do you think is the bigger threat - Hussien or Bin Laden?
OBL, without a doubt.

Who do you feel is the best leader for our country?
Barack Obama.

Would you support a legalized draft?
No.

What country is the biggest threat to our way of life?
North Korea and Saudi Arabia.

Should we work to get international support, or continue on our own?
International support.

Does freedom of speech include ideas that you do not support?
Duh.

Is racial discrimination still a problem in our country?
No. We are still hearing the echoes of racism though.

Is gender discrimination still a problem in our country?
No.

Is sexual discrimination a problem in our country?
Yes.

Is ethnic discrimination a problem in our country?
In America, Racial=Ethnic, so no.

Is religious discrimination a problem in our country?
Not in Blue America.

Do you believe force, or peacemaking efforts, are needed to protect us?
Yes, sometimes. Afghanistan=Yes, Iraq=No.

Protecting natural resources or industrys that use them - which is better?
Protecting natural resources IS protecting the industries that use them.

Do vote according to party or according to politician's stances and policy
Politician stances.

If you could say one thing to our current leader, what would it be?
I would give him a rundown on the things he does well, what he does wrong, and how he should improve. Then his tiny mind would explode.

That's a lotta questions.

Religion?
Very sneaky in recruiting people in distress and then thumping on them.
Also bad for turning people against eachother.

Abortion?
Yes

Welfare?
Yes

Affirmative Action?
Hopefully it won't be needed much longer.

The Death Penalty?
No, doesn't work as a terrant. Only institutionalizes violence.

Gay Marriage?
Of course.

Gay Adoption?
Absolutely.

Hate Crimes?
It's a neccessary concept.

Education?
Do it Finland style. (This years PISA results anyone?)

The Environment?
It is good to be concerned. The upcoming countries situation is always the scariest, like China atm.

Animal Testing?
Should be well regualted.

AIDS?
Will propably get bigger again in the west as well, as younger generations don't take safe sex seriously.

School Vouchers?
No

School Prayer?
No

"One Nation, Under God"?
No

Drug Legalization?
Yes. Marijuana like alcohol now, harder stuff on prescription only.

Yes.

Legalized Gambling?
Yes.

Age of Consent?

Premarital Sex?
Should be compulsory. What a scary thought marrying somene, who's never had sex before the wedding night. Yikes.

Single Parenthood?
Extremely hard. Personally try to avoid at all costs. Only admiration for those who are living it.

School Uniforms?
No

Drinking Age of 21?
That's just silly.

Immigration?
Yes. With some reservations.

The War on Terror?
:shakehead

Yours: :shakehead
Mine: Brilliant. Tarja Halonen being elected the president actually gave me hope for Finland's future.

Voting?
Yes.

Saddam Hussein?
Well, yes he was evil.

Osama Bin Laden?
Strange. Propably dead.

Euthanasia?
Yes.

Assisted Suicide?
Yes.

Suicide?
Yes. / A cry for help.

Self-Mutilation?
A cry for help.

Mental Illness?
Intresting in the way it's becoming more common, especially depression.

Eating Disorders?
Not very well understood.

I don't know.
Seems a funny sort of choice.
But then I'm not comfortable calling everything a disease either.
Maybe something else.

Three Strikes Law?
No. The whole system needs a different approach.
Actually, what sort of impact has it had?

You Choose...

Bush or Kerry?

Republican or Democrat?

Cheney or Edwards?

Marijuana - Legal
or Illegal?

Adoption or Abortion?
It shouldn't be government's choice.

Life or Death?
Clearer questions please.

Gay Marriage or Civil Unions? / Gay Marriage or Nothing? / Civil Unions or Nothing?
Both, same as for straight people.

Clearer questions please.

Yes Or No...

Yours: No
Our one's doing allright.

Honestly, to be even asking this :shakehead
Go France for criminalizing anti-gay stuff!

Yes.

No.

No.

No.

I personally believe the CIA, put up to it by the US arms manufactures was at least partly behind 9/11.

Questions

Neither.

Don't know.

Yes.

Strange question. I don't think of countries in that way.

From an outside pow, it would be nice if the US wouldn't .... oh never mind.

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

No

You know that fable about the sun, the storm and the man with a coat?

Try to aim for a balance. I tend to lean on side of natural resources though.

Under the Finnish electoral system, both.

I better not say.

How Do You Feel About...

Religion? I'm agnostic, but believe it is an important part of our country's heritage. I don't want the 10 Commandments posted as a centerpiece in our Courthouses; however, they could be part of a display of multiple historical documents as is done at the Supreme Court. I don't want prayer in public school, but don't mind coach or student led prayer at a sporting event. I am disturbed with many ACLU actions that seem to be anti-civil rights when they attack the Boy Scouts use of public land or Christmas displays in public.

Abortion? I believe life begins at conception and that sentient life begins after significant brain development. Before Sentience, it should be legal, but discouraged socially as there are better options such as adoption. After sentience I consider it murder.

Welfare? Workfare, not welfare. I believe in a hand-up, not a hand-out. It is an important safety net; however, the way it is structured it is sometimes better not to work. I've had friends not take jobs as they could do almost as good on welfare. I would make it graduated to encourage work instead of sloth.

Affirmative Action? Still needed. Ideally we wouldn't need it, but we don't live in an ideal world. 'Single best qualified' is hard to define. I'm the president of the hiring board (not final decision maker) for all hiring of civilian personnel in my battalion. You usually have a small pull of candidates that would be great for a job. In this case, when many are equally qualified, it should be used appropriately. I would be disturbed if clearly less qualified individuals were chosen.

The Death Penalty? It should be illegal and I consider it immoral, even in the case of Usama. There is a big difference between a cop killing a criminal or a soldier killing the enemy in combat. They are both still a threat to society and justified. A captured criminal / combatant is no longer a threat, they can be contained in a high security prison. I find it particuarly disturbing that we have put people to death that modern technology such as DNA or additional facts later proved innocent.

Gay Marriage? It should be legal; whether we call it marriage or a civil union doesn't matter. The key is they must have the same legal rights as a heterosexual marriages. It is an important next step in civil rights. I believe in the historic phrase "all men are created equal", which implies to me a marriage should be equal, i.e. 1=1. This to me disqualifies other forms of commitment such as bigomy, where 1<> 2 or more.

Gay Adoption? It should be legal.

Hate Crimes? Additional punishment is justifiable. Intent is an important part of any action someone does. However, hate should not necessarily mean majority on minority. It a group of minority criminals attack someone of a majority simply because of their race/religion/etc. then they should get the same additional punishment.

The Environment? We must balance environmentalism with social/business desires. It is a tough balancing act and neither side seems to do this well.

Animal Testing? Not against it for things that better the lives of humans. Compassion is important, however.

AIDS? We've made advances in treatment, but obviously not enough yet.

Education? We really have a problem here with feel good tactics that don't work. I believe people are successful in the real world in three categories: academic intelligence, social intelligence and ambition. I rate all three equally. 'Feel good' grading affects at least two of the three. We are also losing in the inner city, but the problem is a cultural problem that must be solved before the education problem has a chance to be resolved. For college, loans and grants should be provided to make this available to everyone.

School Vouchers? Absolutely for them. I'm deeply bothered that rich folks can send their kids to private religious schools, but poor folks can't. This is very discriminatory, especially considering the disproportionate number of minorities that are poor.

School Prayer? Not in public schools.

"One Nation, Under God"? Although I don't believe in God, we are historically a religious nation so it doesn't bother me.

Drug Legalization? Generally for legalize and regulate. However, just like the freedom to yell fire in a crowded theater is illegal for the good of society, some drugs are so bad for society as a whole that they should remain illegal.

Prostitution Legalization? Legalize and regulate. States should chose, which they do now on the wrong side.

Legalized Gambling? For it and regulate. Local states and communities should decide.

Age of Consent? When you make enough money on your own to raise a child?! Well, guess that won't work. Say 18 baseline and down to 14 within 2 years of each other.

Premarital Sex? Some say don't hate the player hate the game. Well, if everyone stops playing there won't be a game!! I believe you are committed or your not and marriage is irrelevant, but I believe it should be done only in committed relationships. That is personal. Nothing a government should be involved in, though there are still many 'ancient' laws on the books about it that should be removed.

Single Parenthood? Bad thing, but many have to live it. See comments about premarital sex.

School Uniforms? Generally against, but believe local communities should decide. That is why we elect school boards. If I really want them, I'll get a bunch of parents together and elect a school board favoring them.

Drinking Age of 21? Shouldn't be a drinking age. If I can walk to the bar I can drink.

Immigration? Illegal bad, legal good. I'd shore up the borders, but make work permits much more accessable. In other words, I'd make it alot easier to get here legally, but try to stop terrorists and criminals from getting in so easily. However, you'd get very limited federal benefits initially and never would illegals get benefits.

The War on Terror? Failed in the 90's to truely identify and stop it before it became a problem. Afghanistan went far better than imaginable. Iraq is not going well due to leadership not anticipating problems.

The Country's Current Leadership? It would take pages to identify by issue what they are doing right and wrong in my opinion.

Voting? Legal at 18. Need to use paper ballots that can be easily filled out and read electronically. I like the 'bubble ballot' as it is easy to use and recounts can be done easily. Old chad ballots and new electronic only balloting is a bad thing. Need a better system to ensure everyone gets to vote and no one votes twice or false votes occur.

Saddam Hussein? Evil bastard. Should have been removed years ago.

Osama Bin Laden? The most charismatic leader in the world today. Evil bastard that should be hunted down.

Euthanasia? Generally against except in the most extreme circumstances. I don't want there to be conversations like, "Grandpa, your really becoming a burden on the family..."

Assisted Suicide? See euthanasia comments.

Suicide? See euthanasia comments.

Self-Mutilation? Against it.

Mental Illness? We should treat it?!

Eating Disorders? Modern choice/disease.

Addiction - A Choice or a Disease? Both. Some folks have addictive personalities based upon chemical difference and have a harder time with it. However, we tend to make excuses with 'disease' scenarios.

Three Strikes Law? Out of balance in many ways. However, career criminals must be dealt with, but some of these laws don't do it very well.

You Choose...

Bush or Kerry? Bush. Prefer McCain/Lieberman.

Republican or Democrat? Centrist. In the last five Presidental elections I voted Republican 3 times and Democrat 2 times.

Cheney or Edwards? Who cares, I vote for Presidents, not Vice Presidents. If these two ran I'd vote for a 3d party.

Rehabilitation or Imprisionment/Punishment? Combination. Balance is important for a criminal justice system to be effective. Ours isn't.

Marijuana - Legal or Illegal? Legal

Adoption or Abortion? Keep the child and raise it yourself.

Life or Death? Life for the good guys.

Gay Marriage or Civil Unions? Doesn't matter, would go with gay marriage.

Gay Marriage or Nothing? Gay Marriage.

Civil Unions or Nothing? Civil Unions.

Segregation or Intergration? Both, balance is again key. Some cities made things worse when they did bussing.

Yes Or No...

Is our economy really on the mend? Yes.

Do homosexuals deserve equal rights under the law? Yes.

Is banning gay marriage legalizing discrimination? Yes.

Do we have a right to be in Iraq? Yes.

Did we enter Iraq for the right reasons? Yes. (but WMD wasn't it; read the 23 reasons in the Congressional authorization)

Do you think there are weapons of mass destruction? Are or were?! Yes, to at least '98. Programs to '03.

Do you feel 9/11 could have been prevented by better leadership? Yes. We failed to properly identify the issue in the '80s and '90s.

Questions
Who do you think is the bigger threat - Hussien or Bin Laden? Bin Laden as he is still 'free'. He is also respected across international borders where Hussien was alway just a regional tyrrant.

Who do you feel is the best leader for our country? Powell, but he won't run.

Would you support a legalized draft? No. Unless WWIII occured.

What country is the biggest threat to our way of life? China. They are also a great hope for a future world partner. Hope things go the partner way.

Should we work to get international support, or continue on our own? Always try to get support, but always be prepared to go on your own.

Does freedom of speech include ideas that you do not support? Absolutely. How could it not?

Yes to all. On a scale of 1-10, 10 being most discrimination: racial 6 and decreasing; gender 4 and decreasing; sexual 8 and holding steady; ethnic 6 and decreasing; religious 4 and increasing.

Do you believe force, or peacemaking efforts, are needed to protect us? Absolutely. However, they are sometimes just the right thing to do. We should have entered Rwanda long before we did even though it really doesn't affect the lives of the average US citizen whether we do or don't.

Protecting natural resources or industrys that use them - which is better? Balance is key.

Do vote according to party or according to politician's stances and policy? Everyone would say stances and policy, but I bet well over 50% vote a straight ticket every time because the agree with that parties 'stances and policy'.

If you could say one thing to our current leader, what would it be? Balance is key.

Religion?
I feel that the only logical choice is agnosticism.

Abortion?
I don't like killing fetuses but I think it is exceptable in cases of rape (including statutory) or threatening the mothers wife. If the mother to be had sex voluntarily then she deserves the little demons that come out of her.

Welfare?
I don't like welfare it is basically stealing from the well off (and even not well off) to help others.

Affirmative Action?
It's served its purpose, I would rather we just get rid of it.

The Death Penalty?
Criminals deseve no mercy, they should die.

Gay Marriage?
I really don't feel strongly about it but I would rather it wasn't banned because that would be descriminatory.

Gay Adoption?
I don't really care about it but I would rather it was not banned because that would be descrimination.

Hate Crimes?
Uh, they're bad? What, did you expect one of us to like hate crimes?

Education?
It is good to get an education?

The Environment?
The environment is nice to visit but it is kind of oversensationalized. We won't suffer in the nuclear winter of 2009.

Animal Testing?
I really don't like animal testing, except for medicines that could cure diseases, or which don't discomfort the animal at all. (and yes that includes shots and poking them in the eye)

AIDS?
I feel pity for those who had it from birth, bad blood transfusions, or rape, but have no pity for those who got it from voluntary sex. If you don't want AIDS then don't have sex with your girl friend until you know if shes safe.

School Vouchers?
I don't care about them.

School Prayer?
Prayer in school is okay as long as it is not school sponsered.

"One Nation, Under God"?
Remove "under God" since it shouldn't have been inserted in the first place.

Drug Legalization?
Nope, drugs hurt people and should be banned.

No, I do have some morals.

Legalized Gambling?
Undecided.

Age of Consent?

Premarital Sex?
No, thanks but if you want to go ahead.

Single Parenthood?
Is there anyone AT ALL who is pro-single parenthood?

School Uniforms?
Waste of time, people should just wear regular clothes.

Drinking Age of 21?
Lower it to 18, or better yet make drinking illegal.

Immigration?
Let in talented immigrants without criminal backrounds, the others can continue to live in their own countries.

The War on Terror?
Unwinnable, we should kill Osama and then just do calculated strikes on important terrorist leaders.

They're inept, but still on my side.

Voting?
I'm provoting, but one vote won't make a difference beyond local elections, even in swing states.

Saddam Hussein?
He sucks, we should give him his trial and then his death sentence.

Osama Bin Laden?
He sucks we should hunt him down better and kill him. I can sort of see where he comes from and am sick of the "He hates our FREEDOM" stuff that gets said by some of the less well informed.

Euthanasia?
I don't like murder.

Assisted Suicide?
I don't like murder.

Suicide?
I don't like murder.

Self-Mutilation?
It's pretty stupid, but should not be illegalized.

Mental Illness?
Its a shame people have them but thats life.

Eating Disorders?
Stupid diseases for stupid people. We should send everyone who is pro-ano to Africa to see how appealing true starving is.

It is both.

Three Strikes Law?
One strike laws would be better.
You Choose...

Bush or Kerry?
Bush

Republican or Democrat?
Libertarian

Cheney or Edwards?
Edwards

Punishment

Illegal

Adoption or Abortion?
Adoption

Life or Death?
Life

Marriage

Gay Marriage or Nothing?
Marriage

Civil Unions or Nothing?
Civil Unions

Integration
Yes Or No...

I don't know what "on the mend" means.

Yes

Yes

We have OUR right to be there, thats good enough to be.

YES

YES

NO
Questions

Bin Laden, because we captured Hussien, before we invaded Iraq Saddam was the bigger threat.

Me.

No.

Europe, of course there is no "our" since some of us live very differently. If Europe doesn't count as a single country then I'd say Brazil.

Support is nice but we don't need everyones, or even most everyones help.

Yes.

It is not a big problem, but still exists.

Yes.

Yes.

Depends which area of the country.

Probably in some areas.

Yes.

Protecting industries.

I vote by party, unless there is an idiot in charge. wink wink

That depends if he would have to follow what I say or not. If so then I would say "Stop overspending." If not then I would probably swear at him.

said:
Europe, of course there is no "our" since some of us live very differently. If Europe doesn't count as a single country then I'd say Brazil.

?! Please expand.

Religion?
Everyone has to believe in something. Not believe is still believing.
Abortion?
I am personally against it. I feel it is the wrong path to take. I also believe that it's not my body and I have no right to force someone to believe in my morals.
Welfare?
As a temporary solution: Good. As a permament living condition: Bad. The system could probably be reworked, but ti's beyond me as to how.
Affirmative Action?
Tentatlively for. If you're going to give me an advantage, I'm going to use it. I see no reason why others can't be the same way.
The Death Penalty?
Gay Marriage?
Gay Adoption?

For.
Hate Crimes?
Against.
Education?
The Environment?
Animal Testing?

For. Yes, I realize Environment and animal testing contradict each other.
AIDS?
A disease that should be cured as soon as possible.
School Vouchers?
Probably a good idea, but needs reworking.
School Prayer?
"One Nation, Under God"?

Against. Seperation of church and state. However, one nation under god does not upset me. But I also subscribe to the all or nothing rule.
Drug Legalization?
Legalized Gambling?

For. And tax it to high heaven.
Age of Consent?
I don't like it, but it's probably a good idea.
Premarital Sex?
With the proper education of all involved, for.
Single Parenthood?
Can't be avoided.
School Uniforms?
Catholic elementary education. Figure it out. ;)
Drinking Age of 21?
Would rather see an age of majority, instead of different ages for different activities.
Immigration?
I really want to say for.
The War on Terror?
A righteous, unwinnable war.
It has my support. Even if it had gone the other way.
Voting?
It's a good thing.
Saddam Hussein?
Osama Bin Laden?

Bad things.
Euthanasia?
Assisted Suicide?
Suicide?
Self-Mutilation?

Not for me, thanks, but if someone wants to carve themselves up or kill themselves, more power to them.
Mental Illness?
It's all in their heads....
Eating Disorders?
An illness that needs to be treated.
Both.
Three Strikes Law?
Another decent concept that needs to be reworked.
You Choose...
Bush or Kerry?
Bush. Lesser of two evils IMO.
Republican or Democrat?
Generally republican, but the dems have decent viewpoints too.
Cheney or Edwards?
Meh.
Go for rehab first. If it doesn't work, lock 'em up.
See drugs ealier in this post.
Adoption or Abortion?
Adoption if possible. Abortion if necessary.
Life or Death?
For me? Life, always! Depends on the situation.
Gay Marriage
Gay Marriage or Nothing?
Nothing. Again, an all or nothing viewpoint.
Civil Unions or Nothing?
Nothing.
Integration.
Yes Or No...
I believe so.
Yes.
Yes
Yes
That remains to be seen.
Were.
No
Questions
Both are bad in different ways.
Probably the person who least wants it.
Yes.
Our own.
International support would be great. But if need be, on our own.
I agree with Voltaire.

Yes
If necessary.
Depends on the resource.
Stances and policies.
He has my support. Can't do much else about it.

How Do You Feel About...
Religion?
God is dead.

Abortion?
I can't deny the right of the parents to chose it if they want, but they should carefully considerate if they really can't afford having a child.

Welfare?
Support it - anyway, there're requirements to get it.

Affirmative Action?
No idea.

The Death Penalty?
I'd support it in some cases, according to my views.

Gay Marriage?
No problem with it.

Gay Adoption?
The same as for adoption from heterosexuals: there're specific conditions to be met for adopting a child.

Hate Crimes?
A crime is a crime.

Education?
Very important, but people do not always use their knowledge for the best and are often prejudice about certain concepts since their early brainwashing-childhood.

The Environment?
We should respect it, if we want it to respect us.

Animal Testing?
Of course; is there another way to make tests on living organisms?

AIDS?
Sad.
btw: only for the RICH is not that bad, as they can buy the expensive medicines.

School Vouchers?
Explain.

School Prayer?
Under no circumstance should be compulsory to pray all together, as it was when I was going to school(has changed now).
Compulsory or not, I couldn't care less, as I didn't tell it.
Now, if someone wants to pray privately, let him do it.

"One Nation, Under God"?
One Nation, Above God, as god is a charlatan and a coward. :goodjob:

Drug Legalization?
No. Could you imagine heroin to be free?

Yes, if it'll help to protect the prostitutes better from their "oppresors" and if it'll control better the prostitution.

Legalized Gambling?
No, because most people are idiots who can't control themselves.

Age of Consent?
wait: I'll have a look first at other posts, to understand what you mean.

Premarital Sex?
Is it possible that we're still discussing about premarital sex? The TALIBAN's of the West continue to "strike" :crazyeye:

Single Parenthood?
The harsh reality - it's not ideal, but life is not fair either, as we're surrounded by "brains" who don't think.

School Uniforms?
Loughable.

Drinking Age of 21?
18 for legal-drinking at clubs/bars, but one should taste alcohol before 18.

Immigration?
No problem with it, as long as the immigrants respect the laws/culture of the country.

The War on Terror?
Better to not speak about it.

----------

Voting?
Of course.

Saddam Hussein?
I have nothing against him - he didn't invade my country.

Osama Bin Laden?
Complicated.

Euthanasia?
Under certain conditions.

Assisted Suicide?
Suicide?
Self-Mutilation?
No comment.

Mental Illness?
Sad.

Eating Disorders?
We should eat better food.

Somehow, both.

Shadylookin said:
Religion?
Private affair. Get it out of the politics. Get politics out of it. Religious institution should not be recognized by the governments.

Shadylookin said:
Abortion?
Big waste of potential human abilities. Create alternative possibilities for those who can't/don't want to keep their children (make adoption easier, for example, or transplanting the fetus into a womb of a willing one...). Compulsory counseling before the "operation". I'm not for outright banning it.

Shadylookin said:
Necessary. Not for junkies and freeloaders, though.

Shadylookin said:
Affirmative Action?
I despise it. Those who fill a position should be competent, no matter if they are "opposed"' or not.

Shadylookin said:
The Death Penalty?
We need it. Kill all murderers and sexual offenders! :nuke:

Shadylookin said:
Gay Marriage?
Why not? Why should we strike them with financial punishments for their disposition?

Shadylookin said:
Gay Adoption?
Heteros first, but then they also adopt - preferably a member of the opposite sex.

Shadylookin said:
Hate Crimes?
Yes, I Hate Crimes. :p Seriously though, this is a very stupid idea.

Shadylookin said:
Education?
The whole world needs more and better - especially freer from ideologies. The whole (Western) society needs to be reformed - we need to change the society of consumer idiots to a society of intelligent persons.

Shadylookin said:
The Environment?
The environment doesn't need us, but we need the environment - we must change our attitude towards it according to this. Consumption must be lessened, even by dictatorial means.

Shadylookin said:
Animal Testing?
We can't do anything else for now. Should be limited to medical researches, of course, and they will be eventually substituted with computer experiments.

Shadylookin said:
Should be voluntary. :p
What did you want to ask?

Shadylookin said:
School Vouchers?
I don't know what are they. Doesn't sounds too good.

Shadylookin said:
School Prayer?
A big resounding NO.

Shadylookin said:
"One Nation, Under God"?
I'm very neutral, but to be consistent, I disapprove it.

Shadylookin said:
Drug Legalization?
Depends on which drugs - those who make the consumer aggressive/dangerous should be punishable... Although the "punishing the user" attitude should change to "punish the producers/distributors" (preferably punishing them like murderers).

Shadylookin said:
Punish the user. :evil:

Shadylookin said:
Legalized Gambling?
Why not?

Shadylookin said:
Age of Consent?
Difficult question. From 13 to 18, the maximal age difference should be 4 years. Then again, who can enforce such a law?

Shadylookin said:
Premarital Sex?
Nothing against that.

Shadylookin said:
Single Parenthood?
You don't want to take the children from the divorcers, do you? :eek:

Shadylookin said:
School Uniforms?
Against it.

Shadylookin said:
Drinking Age of 21?
Stupidity. Nobody can enforce such a law.

Shadylookin said:
Immigration?
If the immigrants want to assimilate. Not for those who want our money/economics and don't want our culture/values.

Shadylookin said:
The War on Terror?
A cloudy term designed to use as a thinking-substitute term against any current enemy. I'd bet if Bush would declare a war against France, even that war would be called "War on Terror". :lol:

Shadylookin said:
:vomit: A deadly alliance of big business and evangelical fundamentalism.

Shadylookin said:
Should be limited to those with a decent IQ and/or education, maybe even an "informatedness test" should be compulsory, so as inhibit those who don't have a clue from tampering with state issues.
I generally tend to think that democracy is unable to work today.

Shadylookin said:
Saddam Hussein?
He was never more dangerous than some African dictators, or Pinochet, for example. Let bUSh topple those others too!

Shadylookin said:
Osama Bin Laden?
He was the reaction of the Islamic word to the US Middle East policies.

Shadylookin said:
Euthanasia?
For it.

Shadylookin said:
Assisted Suicide?
Against it, except in special cases.

Shadylookin said:
We can't stop it.

Shadylookin said:
Self-Mutilation?
See next item.

Shadylookin said:
Mental Illness?
If non-dangerous, help them - if dangerous, detain them.

Shadylookin said:
Eating Disorders?
A luxury of rich countries. Something to do with fashion and our society in general.

Shadylookin said:
Choice before getting addicted - after that, it's disease. It's like injecting yourself with HIV.

Shadylookin said:
Three Strikes Law?
I don't know what is that.

Shadylookin said:
You Choose...
Bush or Kerry?
Kerry, for the better of two wrongs.

Shadylookin said:
Republican or Democrat?
Democrat.

Shadylookin said:
Cheney or Edwards?
Edwards.

Shadylookin said:
Depends on the age and the type/seriousness of crime.

Shadylookin said:
Be it legal - in its hashish form. Get alcoholics and nicotine addicts embrace it instead of their former, much dangerous (both for user and for environment) addictions. :D

Shadylookin said:
Adoption or Abortion?
Adoption.

Shadylookin said:
Life or Death?
Both is needed.

Shadylookin said:
All the same. The name is not important.

Shadylookin said:
Gay Marriage or Nothing?
Shadylookin said:
Civil Unions or Nothing?
GM/CU.

Shadylookin said:
Generally, integration. (Whose?)

Shadylookin said:
Yes Or No...

May it be, in the short run. In the long run, it will necessarily collapse.

Shadylookin said:
Yes.

Shadylookin said:
Yes.

Shadylookin said:
"The right of the stronger", and no other rights.

Shadylookin said:
No.

Shadylookin said:
Certainly, but not in Iraq.

Shadylookin said:
Yes.

Shadylookin said:
Questions
Who do you think is the bigger threat - Hussein or Bin Laden?
Now? Bin Laden.

Shadylookin said:
Nader :lol:. Really, that leader didn't appear so far.

Shadylookin said:
No. Any country which can't gather enough willing volunteers to defend itself deserves destruction.

Shadylookin said:
Yourselves.

Shadylookin said:
If you can work the betterment of the world, you should do it even without international support. If you can work the betterment of just yourselves, you should seek international support.

Shadylookin said:
Yes, as long as they confine themselves to just speak.

Shadylookin said:
Not really.

Shadylookin said:
Somewhat.

Shadylookin said:
I don't think so.

Shadylookin said:
No.

Shadylookin said:
Yes. The religious discriminate against non-religious and those who practise an unpreferred form of religion.

Shadylookin said:
Yes, everyone needs force. Especially if one screws so much things up for decades.

Shadylookin said:
Protecting natural resources or industries that use them - which is better?
Resources are more important.

Shadylookin said:
Do you vote according to party or according to politician's stances and policy?
The party's standing and policy. :)

Shadylookin said:

"Retire!"

So Shadylookin, what did you get out of this?
Did it help you understand people?

Mathilda said:
So Shadylookin, what did you get out of this?
Did it help you understand people?

I realized CFC is more socially liberal than I thought. Other than that nothing really stuck out as strange. anyway feel free to discuss people's opinions

A'AbarachAmadan said:
?! Please expand.

Id like to know to. I just came back from Brazil. I totally fail to see how this can be a threat to anybody

Religion?

Against, Religion is the root of all evil.

Abortion?

For, it must be used if it is neccesary.

Welfare?

Against, its doing more bad than good in today's society.

Affirmative Action?

Against, This is discrimination

The Death Penalty?

For, some criminals are beyond help and their crimes need to be punished.

Gay Marriage?

No Opinion

Gay Adoption?

No Opinion

Hate Crimes?

An unfortunate thing that is inevitable in America

Education?

No Opinion

The Environment?

Cannot Care less

Animal Testing?

No Opinion

AIDS?

No Opinion

School Vouchers?

No Opinion

School Prayer?

Against, As I mentioned above, Religion is the root of all evil

"One Nation, Under God"?

No Opinion

Drug Legalization?

Against

Against

Legalized Gambling?

No Opinion

Age of Consent?

No Opinion

Premarital Sex?

No Opinion

Single Parenthood?

An unfortunate problem.

School Uniforms?

Against, its the first step to militarism

Drinking Age of 21?

No Opinion, though better sense should move it to 18

Immigration?

For, but strongly against illegal immigration

The War on Terror?

For, we must be able to succesfully defend our borders and deal with those who have declared our nation to be the root of all evil

For, doing a good job, just getting harassed too much by "touchy-feely" people, aka Liberals

Voting?

1 more year.... cant wait

Saddam Hussein?

An idiot who needed to be removed from power

Osama Bin Laden?

An idiot who needs to be dealt with

Euthanasia?

?

Assisted Suicide?

No Opinion, depends on the circumstances

Suicide?

Against, the ultimate form of giving up and surrendering

Self-Mutilation?

Against, kind of gross...

Mental Illness?

Unfortunate

Eating Disorders?

No Opinion

A little bit of both

Three Strikes Law?

For

Bush or Kerry?

Bush

Republican or Democrat?

Centrist

Cheney or Edwards?

Cheney

Imprisonment, its a waste of time to rehabilitate some people. A good number simply just want to take drugs and shoot cops.

Illegal

Adoption or Abortion?

Abortion

Life or Death?

" Death solves all problems. No Human, No Problem " - J. Stalin

No Opinion

Gay Marriage or Nothing?

Gay Marriage

Civil Unions or Nothing?

No Opinion

Integration

The economy is on its way to getting better

yes

yes

yes

not really

Not in Iraq

No, terrorists dont care whos in power, just that they arent.

Questions

Bin laden, he isnt in jail yet

At this time, Bush

No, we dont need it. The "Age of Total War" is over

North Korea

A bit of both

yes

not really

no

no

no

no

force mainly, but some peacekeeping ability as well

using resources and finding other ones to use.

Stances and Policy

"Good Job, just continue not to listen to those defeatists!"

I'm sort of bored, so why not...

Religion?

Atheist. There's nothing supernatural. No sense in life.

Abortion?

Should be up to the possible parents to decide, not the state. Strictly personally opposed to the idea.

Welfare?

Essential tool to help the disadvantaged members of society.

Affirmative Action?

Opposed, positive discrimination is still discrimination. People should have equal rights, not "more equal" rights.

The Death Penalty?

Opposed. The fallibility of the justice system alone already settles this for me, apart from all ethical considerations.

Gay Marriage?

All couples should have the same rights when it comes to their unions. Religious practices should be irrelevant before the law and religions could hence do whatever they like.

Gay Adoption?

Acceptable, just like any other sort of adoption.

Hate Crimes?

A crime is a crime.

Education?

A little too vague as a question. Education is the basic level on which equal opportunity has to be ensured. Hence it should be free for those who can't afford it otherwise.

The Environment?

Is probably kind of necessary for our survival, eh? Now if that is desireable is another question... ;)

Animal Testing?

Acceptable if it saves the lifes of human beings. But should only be done if no other options are available.

AIDS?

Love it! :yeah:
Now seriously, what sort of "opinion" am I supposed to have on a disease?

School Vouchers?

Opposed. See "education".

School Prayer?
"One Nation, Under God"?

Secularization is a necessary element of a free society.

Drug Legalization?

Yes, sure. Control the quality and tax it. People will take it anyway, this would minimize the risks and even have benefits.

It is legal where I live. No problem with that, but it should be regarded as a regular job.

Legalized Gambling?

Allright, but should also be state-controlled and taxed.

Age of Consent?

For sex? 16 for any age of the partner. Lower only if the partner isn't older than, let's say, 20. Or maybe five years older. It's not as if it could be controlled anyway...

Premarital Sex?

Non-issue.

Single Parenthood?

Is a fact of life but not a desireable circumstance.

School Uniforms?

Basically opposed to it but can see the benefits it can have.

Drinking Age of 21?

Treason. 16 it is and should be. Can't be enforced anyway either.

Immigration?

Should go along with active measures to integrate immigrants into society. First and foremost mandatory language courses.

The War on Terror?

Laughable propaganda term.

Which one's? Opposed to ours, yours as well.

Voting?

Rocks.

Saddam Hussein?

Rocks less.

Osama Bin Laden?

Might be fun in a mosh pit.

Euthanasia?

Everyone should have the right to end his life whenever he wants. I see that as a human right.

Assisted Suicide?

See above.

Suicide?

See above.

Self-Mutilation?

Should be treated.

Mental Illness?

Almost as fun as AIDS. :crazyeye:

Eating Disorders?

Should be fought more actively as it is in many cases the result of fashion.

Most science points at there being genetic aspects to it. Hence disease.

Three Strikes Law?

Unfamiliar with it.

Bush or Kerry?

Kerry was the lesser evil.

Republican or Democrat?

The Democrats are the lesser evil.

Cheney or Edwards?

Edwards was...you get the point.

Depends on the crime. There are things, like cold-blooded murder, rape and the like, where rehabilitation isn't a valid concern.

Legal.

Adoption or Abortion?

I'd rather abort than adopt a child.

Life or Death?

Have to take both.

Irrelevant, essentially the same. Probably marriage in your sense.

Gay Marriage or Nothing?

I don't want to marry a man...

Civil Unions or Nothing?

I don't really want to marry anyone...

Integration.

Yes Or No...

No.

Yes.

Yes, of course.

Yes, of course.

No.

Those who ordered it surely knew why they did it. "You", as in "the people", probably not.

In Iraq? Maybe now, but not in March 2003...

Possible, but unlikely.

To me, this country or yours - in all cases Bin Laden.

Nobody you know, probably.

We have one and I oppose it.

The United States of America.

International support.

Hehe, strange wording. I do support all ideas inherent in freedom of speech but freedom of speech surely protects ideas I don't support.

Yes.

Also yes, but far less than decades ago.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

No.

There has to be a balance. But essentially the first is more important - if you want us to survive, that is.

According to parties' stances and policy.

I'd not waste my time with that.

@A'AbarachAmadan: Though we differ on our choice of president, I am surprised at how many views we share. I had always thought you were just a moderate conservative, too. I don't understand, though, why you voted for Bush based on the views you posted above. :hmm:

Where's the "lowering the age of sexual consent?" question? :D

@All those who support abortion:
*Squints*
Bring it on!
*Ominous music*
:nuke: :ar15: :nuke: :nuke:
*PE prevails*

@All those who hate it:
:goodjob: :clap:

How Do You Feel About...

Religion?

It's fine for people to practice it. However it should not be mixed with government at all, to be fair to all peoples' religions or lack of religion.

Abortion?

Woman's right to choose. It would be worse to bring the child in to a world were it would be uncared for and most likely face abuse or neglect. Banning abortion would not stop it, just make it more dangerous.

Welfare?

Tough one. I understand there are people on welfare who truly need it to support themselves and pull themselves out of a rut. However I am also aware of the exploitation by many dishonest people. A revision to welfare to make it a more beneficial system to those who need it and not to those just looking for a handout.

Affirmative Action?

Can't fight racism with racism. I can't see this working very well to a large extent.

The Death Penalty?

If we can convict a person with absolutely no doubt, they should be executed soon after the trial and not sit in jail for 8 - 10 years draining money from the government in appeals. If there are overwhelming appeals death penalty isn't worth it and a life sentance would be cheaper.

Gay Marriage?

Allow gays to get civil unions with the same benefits as a marriage. Leave it up to the churches to decide wether it should be deemed a marriage or not.

Gay Adoption?

If two consenting adults are able and caring for a child they should be allowed to have a child. It would be better for two gays to raise a baby, if they are caring and loving opposed to a heterosexual couple who is abusive and mean to the child. It should depend on the persons charcter not sexual preference.

Hate Crimes?

Violent crimes discriminating should be punished in courts as any other violent crime would. However public speechs by hate groups like the KKK are protected, and as long as they don't start violence they can preach their racist propaganda.

Education?

The education system needs to be vastly improved, our country should be leading the way in education, yet we always fall behind many, many countries. Maybe if more funding went to education instead of a advanced weapon system that may not even work.

The Environment?

The environment needs to be improved to improve general air quality and water quality to allow people to live healthier lives. I hate reading every day in the paper that my suburban town has an unhealthy air quaility index, meaning cities are worse. However I do not believe in the global warming scares and massive climate shifts, I believe those things happen asa part of Earth's natural cycle.

Animal Testing?

Humane animal testing for cures to diseases and other beneficial products are fine. Using animals to test cosmetics or other luxury products is senseless.

AIDS?

Promoting safe sex alternatives in schools and in countries in Africa and other areas with a large AIDs epidemic. Preaching abstinence won't work and safe sex will slow the spread, giving researchers more time to find a cure.

School Vouchers?

No way. Taking money out of an already troubled school system so that one kid can have a better education, money should be used to improve schools to eliminate any need for such vouchers.

School Prayer?

I don't see why we would need a time devoted to prayer, even a couple minutes of silence. These kids that feel that strongly about it can pray before the bus picks them up or after it drops them off.

"One Nation, Under God"?

Statement I believe promotes religious freedom. It does not specify what god or any religion. For religious groups to use this to gain influence in government is wrong.

Drug Legalization?

Yes, but tax it and require those who buy the drugs attend rehabilitation.

Make specific areas like red light districts.

Legalized Gambling?

Leave it up to the states to decide.

Age of Consent?

Premarital Sex?

Allow people to decide for themselves. Disallow the preaching of abstinence before marriage in school as it doesn't work.

Single Parenthood?

As long as the parent is caring and loving and can handel it.

School Uniforms?

No, however a dress code I think would work out better.

Drinking Age of 21?

Make it 18, if you can get drafted you should be able to drink. May lead to less DUI's as drinking would be more accepted like in other countries like Germany with lower DUI related accidents. Also up the penalties for DUI violations.

Immigration?

Expand immigration departments funding to legally process people to help stem the tide of illegal immigrants.

The War on Terror?

Should be focused on Bin Laden, North Korea, and Sudia Arabia. Not on Iraq and other unrelated countries.

Abysmial

Voting?

Determined by a popular vote not electorial college.

Saddam Hussein?

A bad guy, but not a threat to our country. He was removed under false pretenses and his vaccancy has made a lethal power vaccum.

Osama Bin Laden?

We should devote more resources in to catch and stop him.

Euthanasia?

Yes, people should not be forced to live a life of pain, and should be released of it.

Assisted Suicide?

Yes, some people simply do not want to live. It is their personal choice and it is better for someone to give a simple injection rather than have the person end up failing a suicide hurting themselves or others resulting in unnecessary pain.

Suicide?

Assisted Suicide is better, it is quick and painless and is safer to others.

Self-Mutilation?

Some people need help to get out of self destructive behavior others are beyond help and need the help of assisted suicide.

Mental Illness?

Proper treatment should be given. If the person becomes self-destructive or harmful to others euthanasia or assisted suicide.

Eating Disorders?

More should be done to educate people about proper weight lose and how to maintain a healthy weight.

Some things are mentally and physically addictive beyond a person's choice making outside invention necessary.

Three Strikes Law?

Don't know enough on it.

You Choose...

Bush or Kerry?

Kerry

Republican or Democrat?

Moderate leaning left

Cheney or Edwards?

Edwards

Rehab for those who can be cured, imprisionment for those who have no chance.

Legal with tax, and rehab programs readily available.

Adoption or Abortion?

Up to the mother to choose the fate.

Life or Death?

Must strive to have a quaility of life. There are things far worse than death.

Civil Unions with marriage benefits. The name change will end controversy.

Gay Marriage or Nothing?

Gay Marriage

Civil Unions or Nothing?

Civil Unions

Intergration

Yes Or No...

No, it is still weak and needs more recovery time with more focus on the debt.

Yes

Yes

No

No

Yes, which we gave to them for the Iraq-Iran conflict.

Yes, Bush ignored many warning signs and our intelligence was unorganized.

Questions

Bin Laden

Clinton

No, unless the war was for a just cause in which case volunteers should be sufficent.

We are the biggest threat to ourselves

We should try to rebuild allainaces, not necessarly operate with the UN, but just have better respect from the world.

No, I understand people can say things I may disagree with

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Peace making efforts

Natural resources, without them the industries will fail.

Politician's stance.

You are a very immoral man.

Whew that was a long questionare.

Top Bottom