Zkribbler has passed away

Sorry to hear this. I had no idea he was ill.

Was it covid ? He was around 50 iirc

It was a stroke and IIRC he was at least 70 and well retired.

I didn't know Zkribbler but I often saw him post. He seemed like a great guy. This is sad.

One of the earlier posts of this thread mentioned Lancer is gone too? If it's who I think it is he's a mod here at CFC no?

I didn't know Zkribbler but I often saw him post. He seemed like a great guy. This is sad.

One of the earlier posts of this thread mentioned Lancer is gone too? If it's who I think it is he's a mod here at CFC no?
CavLancer was not a moderator here, unless it was a really long time ago.

I don't think Lancer was a moderator here, but he was a Moderator at WePlayCiv, and I believe he was also a Moderator at Dale's site (don't remember the name of that off the top of my head).

D

Very sad. Obviously didn't know him personally but by his posts he looked like a good person.

Last edited:
From what I remember I've had several worthy interactions with both.. They will be missed :(

I never know what to say about death. I usually try to not say anything at all. It's just easier, although I can appreciate how much it can mean to some people to see the support spelled out or voiced directly. Usually I grieve in my own personal way, appropriate to whatever level of interaction and relationship I've had with the person who passed.

These two posters.. I can't even type out their names. It just feels too sad to. That's probably why I don't like talking about death. No thing I say seems appropriate

These two posters.. I can't even type out their names. It just feels too sad to. That's probably why I don't like talking about death. No thing I say seems appropriate
It's sometimes difficult when it's someone online, someone you haven't met personally. But I think it's important to try, as you have. It helps to remind us that we are all real people, and we are all part of this community in various ways.

I too recall a few nice exchanges, though just friendly comments, not some debate.
Didn't he have a house in the Philippines or something of that nature? (yes, checked now)

Hopefully he lived a full life and it was just time to go.

Ouch. Hurts to lose a member of the community. :sad:

Top Bottom