New Unit: Imperial Sky Armor from FF VI (11 FEB 06)

DJ Bonebraker

a.k.a Laura
Okay, I've got the Imperial Sky Armor from FF VI finished. These bad boys were what made up the Air force of the evil Vector Empire in that game, and like much of the rest of the Empire's technology, it made use of a strange combination of Magic and science known as Magitek.... The Empire also used these to kick a whole buncha butt.

The Files

Preview of default, fidget, run, fortify, attack anims, and victory animations:

Wow, holy crap, that is crazy! :bounce:

It shoots, among other things, clouds!

Hikaro Takayama said:
Okay, I've got the Imperial Sky Armor from FF VI finished. These bad boys were what made up the Air force of the evil Vector Empire in that game, and like much of the rest of the Empire's technology, it made use of a strange combination of Magic and science known as Magitek.... The Empire also used these to kick a whole buncha butt.

The Files

Preview of default, fidget, run, fortify, attack anims, and victory animations:

The Empire actually had a few models of Sky Armor, they were all indentical except for coloration and weaponry. One type called the "Spitfire" served as an anti-personel unit..especially with its nasty "Absolute Zero" attack.

I was thinking Hikaro, that if you have the time and the willingness to do so, you could remove the arms and the downward facing object and you would have an excellent futuristic helicopter unit. Heck I might even throw this into Heart of Destiny as is...

Neat! Good work on this, what are those cloudy things that it shoots?

The laser attack looks awesome, :thumbsup:

Orthanc said:
Neat! Good work on this, what are those cloudy things that it shoots?

The laser attack looks awesome, :thumbsup:

The couldy things are ball-lightning.

Sword: The reference pic I used to make this thing off of is from the original Squaresoft concept art, and is inset in the first model preview in my unit creation thread.

Oh, and about the size, it is actually the smallest of any of the Advanced Airship variants... It's even smaller than the steam airships and Hilda Garde III, and it's about the same size as AAglo's Skyshark.

odintheking said:
This looks evil; I love it, :evil:. How many more FF units are needed?

Well, not counting King units... I still need at least 1 summon for each game (although I'm slowly compiling a list of suitable units....), two UUs for Lindblum (the sailor-chick airhship pilots as a Paratrooper replacement and a Burmecian Dragon Knight (a.k.a. Freya)), A Galkan Worker as a flavor unit for Bastok and Selbina, as well as a Galka Paladin and Galka Beastmaster as UU for Bastok and Selbina, an Orcish Warmachine for the Orcs, a Mediator for Ivalice, an Alexandrian Holy Knight for Alexandria (a.k.a. General Beatrix), Forest Owl (a.k.a. Rinoa Heartily) for Garden, Galbadian Soldier for Galbadia (in progress), an Esthar Soldier for Esthar, the Shinra Attack Sub for Shinra, and a Red Mage, Black Mage and Sword-chucks, YO! for the Light warriors, not to mention the UUs for the two FF II factions, as well as whatever I pick for the 31st civ...

So that's 24 units, not counting king units and Summons.

As for kings... I've already got Cloud for AVALANCHE, Gestahl for Vector, Giott for the Dwarves, and King Vatgit of the Orcs, and I've got the perfect King units to represent Thief and Garland. (leaving me with 25 king units to do yet).

I'll worry with the summons once I get the modern age tech tree worked out....

Top Bottom