New Unit: Putrid Zombie - September 13, 2011

Vuldacon

Dedicated to Excellence
Supporter
This a Putrid Zombie Unit I needed for EFZI2 Complete.
Winner of the September 2011 Unit of the Month Contest :trophy:

Putrid Zombies are Extremely infectious, Large mutant Zombies with Swollen, Puss filled heads containing Mutated Bacteria and concentrated Radioactive Zombie Virus.
They Attack by Vomiting the Rotten Slime from their Festered heads onto an enemy and it is capable of Killing in seconds!

Preview gif animations have different speeds than the actual unit in game.

Here is a Large Preview of the Fidget/Victory to show more details and what he is doing:

Included files:
PutridZombieDefault.flc
PutridZombieRun.flc
PutridZombieFortify.flc
PutridZombieFidget.flc (Also used for Victory)
PutridZombieAttack.flc
PutridZombieDeath.flc

All New Sounds:
PutridZombieDefault.wav
PutridZombieRun.wav
PutridZombieFortify.wav
PutridZombieFidget.wav (Also used for Victory)
PutridZombieAttack.wav
PutridZombieDeath.wav

PutridZombieLarge.pcx, PutridZombieSmall.pcx
PutridZombie_units_32.pcx
Alternate Civilopedia Images
Preview Images
Adjusted .INI File

Attacks were made separately so the vomit hits an enemy unit correctly in all directions.
Game Tested as always
:)

You can download the Zip File here

Last edited:
this unit is AWESOME

I love the death animation, it's just so fluent and fitting!

Very Awesome unit cannot wait to try it or to kill it in the game :cool: and sweet animations Vuldacon good job :goodjob: , really like it :)

A great addition to the game. :thumbsup:

Love the run animation; it has just the right balance between appearing freaky and natural.

My first thoughts on seeing the run and projectile vomit were "zombie toddler"!

:woohoo: Vuldacon is back! Your new computer seems to work fine :) These animations are amazingly smooth, natural and all. You seem to be improving still, even when you've already made lots of great units with very cool animations. And this attack anim is just... err... :vomit: err... great!

Vuldacon, you're the master of truly repulsive units... :goodjob:

No way in h*** I'm letting any of my EFZI units within spitting range of that one! :sniper:

Thanks for the Comments Guys :)

This is a Large Unit ... a Normal Unit is about his Chest Height but because the Putrid Zombie has a Very Large Head, he appears even Larger.

When making the Sounds, I used a single "Voice" type sound rather than Foot Steps to avoid the almost impossible timing problems that usually present an extra step after a unit stops.

Still fighting computer problems and issues and I hope to have the most important things corrected soon. Causes Slow going lately.

...for some reason Online animated gif files do not show well at all for me. I see lines every place the animation goes constantly... like the example below.... I hope you all can see the gif previews ok. They look ok in Animation Shop but not Online.

Attachments

• Animated_gif_Lines.png
    Animated_gif_Lines.png
    72.1 KB · Views: 118
The previews work fine for me - no lines visible like those shown in your screenshot.

The previews look fine here. The sounds are fantastic, by the way, as usual, especially the Death. The only thing this unit is missing is a Victory animation, but since it would no doubt be completely disgusting, maybe that's no bad thing!

Top Bottom