Unit: Haida Canoe

aaglo

Furioso!
Hi!

Here is a flavor unit for the north american indian tribes - a galley/curragh replacement: A Canoe.

Haida canoe files (~450 kb)

Here are some animation previews:

A closeup picture is attached in this post :p

Attachments

• HaidaPic.gif
    HaidaPic.gif
    16 KB · Views: 3,010
great unit aaglo! :thanx: :thanx: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Wow, its beautifull! (small but perfectly formed) :)

Would make a good flavour unit for the curagh or a primative pirate ship (1/1/1 no nationality).

Awesome! Can't wait to use it.

And a bonus:

Civilipedia Entry:

PRTO_Haida_Canoe
^
^
^The Haida Canoe is a strong and fast replacement for the Galley in the Haida's early navy. It receives one extra movement point, as well as one extra attack point.
DESC_PRTO_Haida_Canoe
^
^
^The Haida were entering the Bronze Age when Europeans arrived in the New World. Before seeing European ships off their coast, the Haida largely used large, well-made Canoes for their raiding and sea transportation. However, seeing the large sailing craft of the Europeans inspired them to create their own sailing ship. The result was a vessel remarkably similiar to the Galleys used by the Ancient Greeks. The ship was expertly made in the Haida style, and sporting beautifully decorated sails. This ship was another reason why the Haida earned the nickname, "the Vikings of North America".

Excellent work aaglo! We can always use more non-European ships, and you provide us with a wealth of beautiful ones.

Another stunning job a, especially the artwork on the sails. I'm sure any Haida would be proud to sail in that ship )

hey, the sail-illustrations are not of my doing. AFAIK, they are "original" indian artwork... I've just changed some colouring. So thank the Haida-people for the images (not me). :)

Absolutely beautiful Aaglo.

Top Bottom