New Unit: Griffin (and rider)

Kinboat

Conan the Librarian
I started trying to make this quite a while ago (really it was the second unit I tried to make). After several failed attempts I posted a picture in the unit request forum for Womoks before his disappearance. However no one picked it up. So now that I've gotten more practice making units I thought I'd try it again... So here it is.

I had to break it up into two zips since the whole package was 3.6mb (over 5 unzipped)

First file (1.8mb):
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/Griffin_Rider_Part_1.zip

Second file (1.8mb):
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads3/Griffin_Rider_Part_2.zip

Unit preview:

Attachments

• griffin_preview.gif
    griffin_preview.gif
    81.4 KB · Views: 2,465
oooh oooh ooohj I wanna be the first to download this one!

EDIT: I recvognize that gamepiece.... its a Battlemaster's "knight" body with a "cannon" or "men at arms" head. hee hee.

Looks very cool!! :thumbsup: If someone could make a Heroes III Erathia scenario with this Griffin, that would be perfect! :)

GOOD GRIEF :eek: I cannot believe it!!!!that's the neatest thing I've seen yet!!!!!!!
I'm going to make a little shrine in my back yard just for you
and give it fresh flowers and a bowl of cereal every morning:crazyeye:

I dont know if it compares to the probe droid, that's pretty cool too.......:yeah:

Fantasy mod will happen.... next project. But it will have mutlifigured units .... just like master of magic....

only one word pops to mind.....JOY!!!!!:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Sweet

GIDustin

Worth the wait!
Keep up the excellent units.

Originally posted by Neomega
Fantasy mod will happen.... next project. But it will have mutlifigured units .... just like master of magic....

Master of Magic doesn't have multifigured units. They are one-figured, just like in Civ1. Multifigures appear only inside close-up battles, and there is no such thing in Civ3 :p

Will hapen... sure it will, there are already some and I started one too, but there still not enough units to make them look serious. I still HOPE multifigures will be not obligatory. You are trying to depress me after I said I would at least have an option to play "normal" mods, arent you? :(

This is great! May I ask a favor of you thought if it's not a big problem? Can you post a version w/o a rider?

Just when I think you couldn't possibly get any better at creating units, that you've reached the top of your form, you manage to surprise me with another, even better unit. I am amazed! Absolutely incredible! Fantastic! Awesome! I am stunned...

Top Bottom