Wheel of Time Unit: Maiden of the Spear (Nov. 18, 2004)

CamJH

Uncle Cam
Maiden of the Spear
"Far Dareis Mai (FAHR- DAH-rize MY):
Literally "Maidens of the Spear." A warrior society of the Aiel, which unlike any of the others, admits women and only women. A Maiden may not marry and remain in the society, nor may she fight while carrying a child. Any child born to a Maiden is given to another woman to raise, in such a way that no one knows who the child's mother was. ("You may belong to no man, nor may any man belong to you, nor any child. The spear is your lover, your child, and your life.") These children are treasured, for it is prophesied that a child born of a Maiden will unite the clans and return the Aiel to the greatness they knew during the Age of Legends."

Download Maiden

Enjoy! :)

Previews:
Fortify, Attack A, Death

-----
EDIT: Almost forgot. :) Many thanks to Kinboat for creating this model for me! Thanks also to Cyber Dreyk and Steph as always for their wonderful programs.

EDIT2: Fixed problem with knee in Fortify animation
-----

Very cool attack (and fast too :D ). I'm surprised you were able to keep the attack from overlapping the defender, I've recently had some complaints about some lunging attacks going beyond the defender (one of the reasons I've never really attempted a large jump like that). The one thing I see in the fortify is the right knee... it seems to click back to straight at one point. This could be an issue with the way I made the bone structure... One way to avoid this might be to turn the hips back to the right as the figure moves forward, and then straighten out when the right leg comes forward. Anyway like I said great animations :D

CamJH,

First, this unit looks great. :goodjob: She is headed into my Amazon civ. Second, although a "maiden of the spear", she looks like she fits more into the swords(wo)man slot because she is using the short spear much in the same way as the Zulu did under Shaka. I have downloaded and I am going to add to my game rat now! :D

HooDoo said:
... Second, although a "maiden of the spear", she looks like she fits more into the swords(wo)man slot because she is using the short spear much in the same way as the Zulu did under Shaka. I have downloaded and I am going to add to my game rat now! :D
That's not surprising, as Robert Jordan (who wrote the books this gal's from) plundered the Zulu for this way of fighting.

@CamJH: Nice unit! :)

Looks Great, and I agree with the very cool attack, awesome! :thumbsup: :D

How embarrassing. :blush: Kinboat, you were right about the Fortify animation. Don't know how I missed it. My apologies. :)

Anyways, here's the fix:
MaidenFortifyFlc
You can download this and use it to replace the fortify flic, or if you prefer I've repacked and reposted the download with the correction in the first post.

And thanks for the compliments everyone. :D

Goldy, we'll see. Only one mod at a time for me right now. ;) I am looking forward seeing the WH 40K Mod being completed. You've had some great units made for it thus far.

Very impressive. My only complaint is that civ colors aren't completely visible, and at certain angles, it becomes very hard to tell what civ the unit belongs to. Should have added a bit more parts with civ colors on them.

Other than that, great great unit.

Nice work CamJH. She will be perfect for the WoT mod and possibly find a home in mine as well. She'll be replacing my Xena unit.

A couple people had expressed slight concern (back in the preview stages) about the Maiden possibly leaping too far into the opposing unit. I tested the Maiden out in-game, and was satisfied with the results. But... just in case anyone would like it bumped back just a little, here's an alternate version of the attack: :D

MaidenAltAttackA.flc

It's the exact same attack, just not as far towards the enemy.
Now don't I do a good job taking care of you guys? ;)

Well I think you deserve to be a bit cocky :p

Top Bottom