Jury Awards Thread

well people i hope we will be still here for the next decade award 2021. the past decade was astonishing but the decade to come will be uncompared to everything before. i do not say there should not be new modders, but only the ones that are active now would bring us so much joy that we forget about our daily lives at least a couple of hours each evening..till now the greatest fan site i ever saw....GOD bless you all. amen

Congratulations to all the award winners! Admittedly, I have never downloaded anything from C&C, but I always enjoy coming here and looking at what the brilliant minds have come up with!

Good for you. Lurkers have a soft spot in my heart, as I was one myself for a long time before I joined & finally started posting myself. Say hello to everyone at Langley for me.

I'm so pleased that the guys from the S & T forum paid so much attention to this. I wish we had a common thread for you guys sign up to playtest our new stuff. I know, for instance, that Vuldacon is having trouble finding experienced playtesters for his EFZI Deluxe Beta, and you guys might be ideal for that.

Congratulations to all, especially Whomp, and this brings back memories of my old Civ3 days :D

I'm surprised there's no Double Your Pleasure mod award, and no award to Bamspeedy for cracking the game and then following up with Beyond Sid. If I were to credit any single civ3 player for getting me on this site, it would be him.

Congratulations to all, especially Whomp, and this brings back memories of my old Civ3 days :D

I'm surprised there's no Double Your Pleasure mod award

From the middle of Post #3:

Modders Award: Definitive Mod - Kal-El and the DyP team

On the old Double Your Pleasure website, Kal-El wrote that the purpose behind the mod was “to create a game that followed the development of human civilization more closely than the original Civ3.” To accomplish this, he said, he “deliberately made early expansion more difficult and slowed down city growth for the first half of the Ancient Age.” What Kal-El and the DyP team actually did was revolutionize the tech tree with nearly 100 new technologies, over 60 new units, 50 new wonders and 45 new improvements. The Mod was released in 2002, and everyone fell immediately in love with it, especially the team at Firaxis, who liked it enough to include it with the release, later that year, of the CivIII Play the World expansion. It was the first time that fan-created content had been included with a major game release, and while there was some criticism – a reviewer from Gamespot was upset that there was no documentation or graphics for DyP included in the release – it was nevertheless a major milestone for CivIII and for the modding community in general.

Congratulations to the winners (and the runners-up as well). I cannot thank you enough for the pleasure you have brought to my Civ III gaming experience. As we say in the Navy, "Bravo Zulu" - well done.

ah good catch!

Thank you for the award, gentlemen. It's a real honor, especially considering the company. Congratulations to all the winners. Also, it's great to see the lurkers and guests get a bow. They are here by the dozens, quietly downloading these graphics and games and keeping the place alive alongside the veterans. And you never know who's gonna be the next georgestow or gwendoline, coming out of the corner swinging with great material.

Balthasar, it wouldn't be a c&c thread without a correction. Roco's WW2 Global link connects to Ares' sound thread. Not that it's a bad place to land, by any means.

It doesn't look like anyone's leaving any time soon so let's keep up the pace!

Congrats to all winners. I am especially pleased to see that Snoopy's terrain mod earned him a award. I am generally too much a purist to use many (or any) game-play affecting mods. His terrain, however, was a gorgeous addition to an already great game.
:goodjob:

Could you expand on that, Hygro? I'd be interested.

Back in the day when Bamspeedy's avatar was the Civ3 Pikeman he was tireless in figuring out strategies and stuff and sharing them in all kinds of threads. He was prolific in a time when few had about 1000 posts. Then C3C came out and though he at that point was no longer in the limelight, he went and created his own difficulty significantly harder than "Sid" and proceeded to beat it. http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?threadid=66169

edit: seems to be played in PTW, maybe he downgraded for the game?

I never considered myself to be much more than a hack, this is very much appreciated.

More like a hacker, in the classical sense ;)

1. A person who enjoys exploring the details of programmable systems and how to stretch their capabilities, as opposed to most users, who prefer to learn only the minimum necessary.

6. An expert or enthusiast of any kind. One might be an astronomy hacker, for example.

7. One who enjoys the intellectual challenge of creatively overcoming or circumventing limitations.

I seem to recall a thread in which Bamspeedy conquered the whole world on the highest difficulty setting, using nothing but French Musketeers. It was very impressive and encouraged me to explore the site a bit more.

I'd like to thank Balthasar for organising and arranging the Jury Awards (and writing up their results in such an elegant fashion), and Vuldacon for overseeing the discussions, and the jurors themselves for their insightful and gracious recommendations. It's very nice to be among the people honoured, and while there are always going to be many worthy candidates who weren't mentioned, I think none of us can quibble at those who were.

Top Bottom