New Unit: Barsoomian Flyer

polyphemus

join the long blue line
The Barsoomian Flyer is finally done for the Steampunk MOD. I apologize for the delay, but I have been swamped with school and military duties. With the help of Tom (finalized the palettes) I can now post it!

This is my first unit with 3ds Max, completely done in 3ds max...I'm proud of myself! If only I had more free time...

Download Link

yes that is correct, I already rendered the other animation and so just decided to change the civ color because i chose an off explosion color instead of re-rendering everything. Should still work just fine in the game

Zooooooooosh!

(That's how I think a Barstoolian flyer would go)

Looks very good! The Death is suitably dramatic.

It's best to make the preview from the flic - that is, use Flicster to export the animation frames and then make the animated gif out of those. That way, not only can you ensure that any discrepancies in palette such as you mention are smoothed over, but you can be sure that the preview accurately shows how the unit itself will look (rather than the renders used to create the unit, which may not have the same palette, lack postwork, etc.).

@Plotinus: I love how the death animation came out.

Does 3ds max use a higher color scale than say poser when it renders? Cuz when i render poser units, and convert to 256 colors, i dont get the color disparity you see here is the green smoke.

Top Bottom