Supa's Fantasy Forge

Thanks for the comments!

I really like this unit. Especially that it's a female centaur. (1)

Yes, I thought about doing a more classic Kentaurides but I figured a fantasy version would be more useful to all - me especially. I don't mind adapting the wardrobe if there is a real need of a greek version.

If you don't mind sharing, what model(s) did you use?

Not at all. Everything is in the readme.txt, integrally posted in the original post, but I've enlightened the particular models here :

Spoiler :
Centaur (female) unit for Civilization III
------------------------------------------

Uploaded 13th February 2013.

Animations by Supa
Millenium Horse model by DAZ
Victoria 4 model by DAZ
Centaur morph by hemi426

V4 Bow Draw pose by McG used
Tribal Bow by Spyro
Quiver by Spyro
Valens Hair by Dyald
Top by Hemi426
Space Belt by rigoberto gonzalez
Various sounds by Firaxis Games (Sid Meier's Civilization III & Sid Meier's Civilization IV)
Scream by thanvannispen
Fall sound by cjosephwalker

Thanks to
Utahjazz for his setup!
Micaelus for his render script!
Steph for SBB!
Cyber Dreyk for Civ3FLC!
Moeniir for Flicster!

Thanks for the info. Is the centaur morph available at one of the sites like DAZ or Renderosity?

Not a request but just a comment: some day it would nice to be a set of Titanide units. They could each have unique fur patterns, including civ color. As well as using a range of weapons from ancient era to pistols.

Since you commented on my Hatshepsut leaderhead, it's only fair that I respond in kind with a comment on your own work. I have to say, congratulations on the award for your centaur. It does indeed look like it would fit perfectly into Civ III's graphics!

A Centaur

My first horseman unit ! And first bowman too. :D

Excellent unit :)

If i may nitpick a bit (and of course i never made any unit at all) ideally in my view the unit would look even better if very slightly sized up (eg something like 10% at most, maybe just the horse-part of it) and the legs of the horse running part move a bit more like real galloping horses. The rest of the legs movement is amazing though :)

http://www.masters-of-photography.com/images/full/muybridge/muybridge_galloping_horse.jpg

Thanks, K. I did use some horse motion sheets for the animations, probably even Muybridge's. The final animation was the best I could manage given my abilities of course but also the number of frames chosen, and the necessity to loop.

Edit: Damn you guys, I want to make another unit now. ;)

Edit: Damn you guys, I want to make another unit now. ;)
That's… nice. As in, I've got a place saved for it in the next announcement-nice.

Top Bottom