Unit Render Folder Cleanup Utility

DJ Bonebraker

a.k.a Laura
Well, considering my programming skills are almost entirely absent (aside from Q-BASIC), I never really thought I'd be starting a thread here, nevertheless, I recently hit upon something simple that (IMO) is useful and well within the scope of my abilities...

Long story short: I got tired of manually deleting the hundreds of image files left in the N, S, E, W, NE, SE, NW and SW folders after finishing up a unit, and even using the command prompt was somewhat time-consuming and tedious, so I decided to put my l33t batch file programming sk1lz to use and created a simple batch file that reduces the entire process to a simple mouse click and hit "Y" eight times, cutting folder cleanup time by about 75%.

All you do is simply download the utility and extract the Cleanup.bat and CleanupReadme.txt files into your unit rendering folder(s), and when you're completely done with making your units and are ready to wipe out the raw image render folders, just double-click on the cleanup.bat file and hit "y" when prompted and you're done!

I hope you all find this somewhat useful...

It's great! marvellous! Works a treat! Wait, what is?

Yeah, sorry about that.... apparently a carriage return got inserted into the URL tag.

Alternatively, you could use the following :

Code:
del *.bmp /S /Q

It will delete all bmp in all subfolders (/S) and you shouldn't have to confirm anything (/Q). ;)

Top Bottom