1700AD Scenario Development Thread

I know you don't like making suggestions without it but could you please stop using this turn of phrase in every single one of them?

not sure if this has been mentioned but what about revealed maps in 1700. just owned territory or aproximating what maps they actually had

The thing is, I think, that the 1700 scenario isn't actually about 1700, but actually more about the 19th and 20th centuries; just like the 600 scenario has very little focus on the early middle ages and more on the late middle ages and the age of discovery, and the 3000 BC scenario isn't actually about the bronze age, but more about classical antiquity.

That's true. Having an accurate snapshot of 1700 AD is in many respects detrimental to accurate outcomes in the following centuries.

I know you don't like making suggestions without it but could you please stop using this turn of phrase in every single one of them?

Let me see... ¯\(°_°)/¯, I mean, yeah sure. Not a biggie. But I am going to miss your emotions...

Next. Wouldn't one expect for Sweden to start with some resemblance of fleet? I mean, even Prussia has 2 galleons. I cannot even land in Denmark to show them they have underestimated teenage King...

Interesting catch: in 1700 France starts without Economics but with Capitalism civic. The moment they discover Economics, though, their civic is set back to Tribalism :)

Let me see... ¯\(°_°)/¯, I mean, yeah sure. Not a biggie. But I am going to miss your emotions...

Next. Wouldn't one expect for Sweden to start with some resemblance of fleet? I mean, even Prussia has 2 galleons. I cannot even land in Denmark to show them they have underestimated teenage King...

Yeah I agree with that, Sweden should start with a decent fleet, overall I think they need a buff to be sincere as they were important players at the time.

Played one game as Argentina on 1.11 and it was a lot of fun, thanks Leo.
Reports:
- The other Latin Americans never declared war on Spain, Colombia even allied with them and fought me. I think that's not the intended AI behaviour.
- Albion Legion had no Grenadier bonus against my attacking Riflemen (screenshot attached)
- Having 3 Corn farmed and not selling any I had still only one available (save attached)

Attachments

• San Martin AD-1928 Turn 411.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.3 MB · Views: 96
  • Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 194
Grenadiers only get their bonus against Riflemen on attack.

I've recently downloaded version 1.11 . I've just looked over the 1700 AD scenario. The Indian scenario seems completely ahistorical. Firstly Goa had already been ceded to the British. The Mughals in 1700 had a very precarious control over peninsular india due to the war with the Marathas. That is in fact one of the most defining periods of 17th and 18th century india. It is quite insulting the way the Marathas seem to be written off the history of this game. I'd reckon an India respawn in the same spirit as the Safavviya rebirth or the Italy rebirth should be considered for India. Or at least have India present around this time to simulate the war with the Marathas. Without the war devastating the Indian economy the British could never have conquered india. Even after everything it took the British almost 100 years between 1757 and 1857 to complete the conquest of India. A task I finished in less than 30 years starting from 1700. This Britain is overpowered. I could have conquered the whole of the Iberia if I wanted with my starting troops ! Especially since the Portuguese and Spanish are so backward technically.

Why not? Not everyone plays for UHV all the time, and it's still fun to play them. I agree that adding India and Ethiopia and Maya to 600 AD would be a good next step.

Why not add an India rebirth at 1660 as the Marathas as well ? This would simulate the Maratha war of independence and then the Maratha empire. It would be a very fun fast paced game too if we try to simulate the Maratha empire. It should come with a cuirassier replacement unit for a militarist oriented campaign. Just a thought.

It used to be there, but now the Marathas can't respawn while the Mughals are alive because it was a big mess.

besides that, I don't see the point of including civs which can't complete their UHVs in the 1700 AD scenario as playable civs. If that's the case why not add india and others from the 3000BC scenario in 600 AD ?
The difference between things that have already been done and the things that yet need to be done is that the latter still require effort.

That's only because they don't have any cites. Change civics or wait for some cities to flip.

Did that, didn't work. Mariglen's right, it's bugged.

Top Bottom