2020 Election Thread!!!!!!!!!

Bush was better prepared in 2000. Rove's GotV machine swung the election.
First, I disagree with the premise of the first statement, but it doesn't matter, because this whole line of argument is an irrelevant red-herring. The reason is because as everyone well knows, what tipped the election for Baby Bush was not his "preparedness", it was his charisma vis-a-vis Gore. This was well covered and reported during the election. People like Bush more because he was "the kind of guy you felt like you could have a beer with", whereas Gore was stiff and un-personable (like Hillary). So you're trying to make the argument about who was "more/better prepared" Gore or Bush, but that is not the issue, because the election, as we all know did not turn on that.

Second, these two statements are two unconnected things that are not remotely dependent on the other anyway. Rove's "machine" as you call it was involved in much more meta-issues than Dubya's so-called "preparedness". Third, the connection you are trying to imply is a non-sequitur. If you are attributing the victory to the "Rove political machine" then it wasn't due to Dubya's staying up all night cramming. If you're attributing the win to Bush's ability to personally out-prepare Gore... well then where does Rove's machine come in?

Crouching Robot, Hidden Moron.
The Moron won.

I think ted is one of the few people that approach Trump in terms of those most people would like to punch. But it worked for Trump. But Ted won't be as fortunate because his opponent won't be Hillary.

A billionaire narcissist TV celebrity with no political experience. What could possibly go wrong?
At this point.........................Democratic Primaries: Oprah Vs. The Rock.................

The democrats might as well nominate Oprah, since Caligula's horse is unavailable.

Incitatus is such a difficult name for the populace to pronounce, anyway. Don't you think?

Charley Sheen should run as a democrat and Gary Busey should run as republican.
That way we can have the 2020 or 2024 election between Charlie Sheen and Gary Busey!
Just think of the Presidential debates!

I can't be the only one who thinks Oprah is more inspiring on a personal level than the likes of Kirsten Gillibrand or Corey Booker.

All of the arguments against seem to leave out the fact that an actual inspiring candidate doesn't really exist. At least, not among the most prominent names being floated. I'm looking more for which mayors and governors will be growing in profile in the next year. And I pray not Bill de Blasio.

I can't be the only one who thinks Oprah is more inspiring on a personal level than the likes of Kirsten Gillibrand or Corey Booker.
She has something that I think voters will be very much hungering for after four years of Trump: a certain kind of non-sanctimonious moral authority.

I don't however like the precedent Trump set of celebrities with no previous record of public service thinking they can parachute into the highest office in the land. She'd do a better job than Trump, I have no doubt.

Top Bottom