2020 Election Thread!!!!!!!!!

The title says it all.

Here's How To Ruin Thanksgiving: Talk About 2020
Torment your relatives by gossiping about the Democrats who could run against Trump.
http://www.weeklystandard.com/heres-how-to-ruin-thanksgiving-talk-about-2020/article/2010574

The list is Joe Biden, Cory Booker, Sherrod Brown, Julian Castro, James Comey, Andrew Cuomo, Bill deBlasio, Eric Garcetti, Kirsten Gillibrand, Kamala Harris, John Hickenlooper, Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson, Amy Klobucher, Seth Moulton, Chris Murphy, Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, Mark Zuckerberg. There are a couple of interesting names, but that is a clown car to end clown cars.

J

Last edited:
Two more articles on 2020 Democratic candidates; this time not from a right wing source.

HuffPO has a list of six: Sanders, Biden, Warren, Kamala Harris, Sherrod Brown, and Deval Patrick. One issue is that the average age in 2020 is over 69 years, including Harris' 56. Bernie, the headliner, will be 79.
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/361607-how-dem-insiders-rank-the-2020-contenders

Salon want Hillary to run again. Here are the bullet points:
1. Hillary Clinton is the Winston Churchill to Vladimir Putin's Adolf Hitler.
2. Hillary Clinton being elected president (at last) would monumentally piss off misogynistic trolls, and what's not to like about that?
3. By winning the popular vote convincingly in 2016, Hillary Clinton has earned the right to be considered the presumptive nominee in 2020.
4. We can expect her to be a good president.​

They call this the leftover turkey. How appropriate.
https://www.salon.com/2017/11/24/heres-your-leftover-turkey-the-case-for-hillary-clinton-2020/

J

Hillary could run against a Turd Sandwich and the Turd Sandwich would probably win. Or is hillary the turd sandwich? I'm not sure....
WsNWBg1.jpg

I think of Trump as a diarrhea-filled douche.... which would explain what comes out of his mouth most of the time...

Kamala Harris hasn't had a break out moment though she is a rising star.

I'm with Bill Maher on this election - Gavin Newsom is going to become the governor of California next year and then become the president in 2018.

and then become the president in 2018.

Huh ? The Dems can't get into the white house until 2020 (except for the strange case where they get the house in 2018 and both Trump and Pence are impeached/incapacitated in some way)

Yeah that was a typo. Governor in 2018 and President in 2020.

I do not think the coming wave election will be large enough for an impeachment and removal and there is nothing Trump can do that will lead to Republicans turning in him. Literally nothing

Gavin Newsom FTW... Kamala Harris VP maybe.

There was literally zero political talk at my house this Thanksgiving... at least I didn't hear any... All we did was eat and drink a ton, watch football, talk football, family, and play board games (RISK Legacy is freaking awesome BTW!:eek: Best.RISK.Ever. Why had I not heard of this earlier??)

As for politics this Thanksgiving... I think folks were just over it.

Last edited:
Two Californians on the ticket ? Wouldn't that be a problem ?

Two Californians on the ticket ? Wouldn't that be a problem ?
Meh, it was two New Yorkers on the ballot last time and no cataclysmic exploding of the planet... so I think we'll be fine.

Also, the Democrats ran a New Yorker with a Virginian last time and lost, so obviously having candidates from different States isn't any kind of magic bullet.

Also, the Republicans ran a New Yorker with an Indianan last time and failed to get a majority of the votes, so obviously having candidates from different States isn't any kind of magic bullet.

Also, when Bernie was a possible VP choice I didn't hear anyone, as in nobody, not one single solitary time... complain that "Two New Yorkers on the ticket" would be a problem...

So, yeah... I think were good. ;)

I meant as in they live in California. Isn't there a stupid rule where the electoral college from a state can't vote for a pres + VP of that state ? So Harris wouldn't have the California EVs for VP.

Gavin Newsom FTW... Kamala Harris VP maybe.
Or vice versa. I'd prefer Gavin in the driver's seat but that's as much to do with my visibility on him relative to her as much as his politics. I can see Elizabeth Warren running and I'd be happy with her too. I don't know how it will play out if all three of them run. i think Elizabeth would come out on top as she has even more visibility than Gavin and has taken and received plenty of flack from Trump directly.

i think Elizabeth would come out on top as she has even more visibility than Gavin and has taken and received plenty of flack from Trump directly.
Speaking of which... Levar Ball is going to troll Trump into single-handedly putting him in Congress... remember where you heard it first ;)
Literally nothing
Yeah the Roy Moore fiasco proves this about Republicans... At least Kellyanne is keeping it 100 for a rare (unheard of) change (which is nothing short of shocking TBH) and just admitting that its pure partisanship.

Last edited:
Speaking of which... Levar Ball is going to troll Trump into single-handedly putting him in Congress... remember where you heard it first ;)
Yeah the Roy Moore fiasco proves this about Republicans... At least Kellyanne is keeping it 100 for a rare (unheard of) change (which is nothing short of shocking TBH) and just admitting that its pure partisanship.
What has Kellyanne done or said? I haven't been paying attention.

That people should vote for Roy Moore, for tax cuts.

What has Kellyanne done or said? I haven't been paying attention.
CNN said:
Kellyanne Conway suggested that the White House remains open to Roy Moore's embattled senate candidacy on Monday when she told Fox & friends that "we want the votes in the Senate to get this tax bill through" -- less than a week after Conway said that "no Senate seat is worth more than a child" in the wake of a series of sexual allegations against Moore.

Conway was interviewed by Fox News on Monday morning, and was discussing tax reform when she began hammering Doug Jones, the Democrat in the Alabama Senate race.
"Doug Jones in Alabama, folks, don't be fooled. He will be a vote against tax cuts. He is weak on crime. Weak on borders. He is strong on raising your taxes. He is terrible for property owners."
The "Fox & Friends" hosts seemed surprised by Conway's remarks, and host Brian Kilmeade cut in, "So vote Roy Moore?"

"I'm telling you that we want the votes in the Senate to get this tax bill through. And the media -- if the media were really concerned about all of these allegations, and if that's what this is truly about, and the Democrats -- Al Franken would be on the ash heap of bygone half funny comedians," Conway said, referencing allegationsmade against the Minnesota senator.
Kilmeade then noted that "the RNC has withdrawn support for Roy Moore, Mitch McConnell has withdrawn support, so have the Young Republicans, withdrawn support."
"And a lot of women," co-host Ainsley Earhardt added.
But Conway was undeterred. "Right. And you know what? I just want everybody to know, Doug Jones, nobody ever says his name, and pretends he is some kind of conservative Democrat in Alabama. And he's not."
http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/20/politics/kellyanne-conway-roy-moore-fox-interview/index.html

TL;DR - She said of Roy Moore (paraphrasing) "We need his vote in the Senate"

Top Bottom