1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

2020 US Election (Part Two)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Lexicus, Mar 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoodEnoughForMe

GoodEnoughForMe n.m.s.s.

Reminds me of polls a few years back in conservative states where they asked if people liked Obamacare, and they explained what it was and everyone was like "eeww noooo." They then asked if they would support the ACA and explained what it was (the same thing) and people were like "oh yeah cool." Food stamps have been successfully cast as something for undesirables. I remember several years after Obamacare there were still people in polls claiming they didn't use it when they did. A lot of value in waging image based wars on stuff.

2. aelf

aelf Ashen One

There you go.

Phrossack, Lexicus and Cloud_Strife like this.
  3. Cloud_Strife

Cloud_Strife Deity

Hermain Cain's timeline still gives me great hope.

Lexicus likes this.
  4. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd Rest in Peace Black Panther

Well apparently he was on the Glen Beck show on FOX News and they gave that lunatic the boot in 2011, after hiring him essentially as a direct reaction to Obama's election, so it was at least 10 years ago.

As an aside... My understanding is that Glenn Beck's show was so crazy... that he was singlehandedly causing...FOX News... yes, that FOX News... to lose its reputation and image as a news organization. So Glenn Beck's insanity was so off the charts that he was actually causing FOX News to lose its credibility :lol:

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
    hobbsyoyo likes this.
  5. Sommerswerd

In racist story/tropes the black guy/character always dies first... so yes, very ironic.

CoconutTank and cardgame like this.
  6. Takhisis

Takhisis Jinping, wer fragt uns?

Which, being an actual participant in street demonstrations, I don't, and unless you stop mischaracterising me please don't even answer this post and just let the thread go on.

7. Takhisis

Takhisis Jinping, wer fragt uns?

Woooo photo op for President Stronkman returning to White House and doing military salute and being the best in his life!

8. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

Moderator Action: Apparently, another reminder is needed that calling for, encouraging or wishing for the deaths of public figures is a bannable offence. We have zero tolerance towards offences of this nature.
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

9. amadeus

amadeus The Choice of a New Generation

I wonder who makes the final decision in releasing from the hospital. Just given what I’ve heard so far, I’m surprised the President is back at the White House already. Perhaps I’m projecting my own sense of anxiety onto him. :undecide:

10. Gori the Grey

Gori the Grey The Poster

Someone with graphics skills should do a "Trump Defeats Covid" image of a newspaper, in the style of "Dewy Defeats Truman"

He's not out of the woods.

sendos and El_Machinae like this.
  11. Yeekim

Yeekim Deity

Drat.
    Even Covid fails to perform.

12. Sommerswerd

Its just more lies, smoke and mirrors. The emergency steroid he is on can only be administered via intravenous drip... So all he did is order Walter Reid to move his hospital bed/room along with his whole healthcare apparatus and personnel to the White House... which of course they can do, because he has unlimited taxpayer funded resources at his disposal.

He's still in the hospital... they've just moved it to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave... at taxpayer expense. Its all theatre to hide his illness.

mitsho and hobbsyoyo like this.
  13. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Deity

That honestly cracked me up when they'd interview dimwitted Republicans and they'd say "We gotta get that durn Obamacare repealed!!! I dunno what the holdup is since everyone is covered by the ACA anyway!"

Ajidica likes this.
  14. Sommerswerd

The Democrats could have just had a sham vote to repeal the non-existent "Obamacare", leaving the ACA in place and the Republicans trying to explain to their constituents why they still needed to get rid of their healthcare.

Socrates99 and Ajidica like this.
  15. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

He does sound very different - tone, but also different words chosen, not the usual "great" 100 times in a brief speech.
    Maybe this is a look-alike and Trump is already dead? :p

16. Socrates99

Socrates99 Bottoms up!

I don't want the guy to die. I'd rather see him defeated and polls look like he's going to get crushed. My only worry is he'll recover and then run around telling everybody he survived it so it's no big deal. That'd really encourage the idiots actively flaunting guidelines because "muh freedums!"

17. Imaus

Imaus King

He's already doing that. He's saying that Corvid shouldn't be something to worry about and other BS that thanks to him taking the three drugs it'll be alright.

The 'See, it's just a damn flu-like thing!' and '99% SURVIVAL RATE DO YOU LIBS EVEN MATH/STATS' is already making the new rounds. Because even if the damn WH is turned into a hospital, his cult doesn't care, they don't see a difference. He's in the WH ergo he's in charge right now and in control and thats the optics that matter. If he was still in the hospital suite they couldn't do that (as much).

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
  18. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

hobbsyoyo likes this.
  19. Socrates99

Socrates99 Bottoms up!

He is doing it but he hasn't beat it yet either. Even if he survives the disease can have lasting effects that will be hard to cover up. His current shenanigans will probably have negative effects but it'll be worse if he has a swift and full recovery.

hobbsyoyo likes this.
  20. Sommerswerd

Holy crap... Latest RCP has Biden up 9.2% (51.3% to 42.1%) on the strength of the newest CNN poll which came in Biden 57% to Trump 41%... a 16 point spread :eek:

I have to admit that I was a little surprised at that one. There are a few polls back in 2019 that had Biden with that big of a lead, but nothing this year matches this lead.

hobbsyoyo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.