2020 US Election (Part Two)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump is a racist and a fascist and you seem intent on giving the guy the benefit of the doubt

Allow me to introduce you to Joe Biden

Bragging about all those crime bills written by Joe and the Democrats

Joe Biden wrote crime bills, Kamala enforced them - what a team

Political compass tests are garbage particularly that one. It has Warren in Authoritarian right. By that logic, 90% of the US population is in Authoritarian right.

Seriously, do you expect us to take this seriously?

Warren doesn't appear on the graph, but your graph reinforces what I said, the left is voting for a right wing authoritarian. I wonder where Clinton was in all that red and blue.

Libertarians are aligned with Republican party
I think its just hilarious at the mental gymnastics as you defend Trump policies, bending into a preztel defending Trumps appointment of a Neocon (Bolton) and hes friends into power, Trumps trade wars, protectionism on steel, Trumps drawning of sharpies on weather map.

The pot is boiling and people are dying by the hundreds of thousands. A high price to pay for ending both the Clinton and Bush political dynasties.

If they were aligned they wouldn't run their own candidates. I didn't defend hiring Bolton, I was noting Trump's motive - good cop, bad cop. Bolton was there to scare certain countries. I normally oppose excessive tariffs but China's practices need a response, not Joe Biden kissing their arses.

The sharpie incident is stupid, he didn't need to extend the projection for people to see Alabama could be hit if the hurricane stayed on that path. But the only reason he drew the extension was because his critics were denying Alabama was ever in the path. The Bush and Clinton dynasties set the Middle East on fire.

I linked the political compass showing the 4 candidates before, here it is again.

https://www.politicalcompass.org/uselection2020

It’s easy to see how the Biden cheerleading squad here would hate on Greens and actual progressives on the other side of the compass, not quite as clear why they are so upset with Trump? But as Inno says the outrage is likely that Trump is exposing American policy for what it is - and most want it for the most part to continue, but more covertly and tactfully. Not sure it will work all that well now the cat is out of the bag. We will see, fingers crossed Biden will surprise us and be more progressive than that estimation suggests.

It’s easy to see how the Biden cheerleading squad here would hate on Greens and actual progressives on the other side of the compass, not quite as clear why they are so upset with Trump? But as Inno says the outrage is likely that Trump is exposing American policy for what it is - and most want it for the most part to continue, but more covertly and tactfully. Not sure it will work all that well now the cat is out of the bag. We will see, fingers crossed Biden will surprise us and be more progressive than that estimation suggests.

If Biden, once President, would gather a team around him with more progressive people in the WH... who knows

But maybe now he had more (?). Or it could be concealer.
I don't care about the act, obviously. I just noted that at his age such operations are quite difficult/tiresome.
I don’t care either, I just mean to say that I don’t think the transplant was done recently.

I think Joe’s a pretty good looking guy for his age. Trump goes a little too heavy on the tanning booth or bronzing agent, but he’s also not too bad. Some of his suits cover up his gut but not when he’s golfing.

I dont think Lord Cosmic Karma is handing out parking tickets for destroying countries, dont matter if their name is Bush, Biden, Obama or Trump. Do you think its insidious to criticize 'both sides' for slaughtering people in other countries? Comparing mass murder to a parking ticket would be ridiculous... So... Who made that comparison?
Wasn't me, that's for sure. So I'm not sure what you're talking about.
Hmm...they didn't ask Iraq, Libya and Syria... Biden and the Democrats just spent 4 years trashing Russia to hurt Trump because he wants better relations with them. Pretty obvious why they'd prefer Trump. A brief 4 year return to the Cold War and the new McCarthyism for partisan political advantage, another parking ticket? How would you explain it if Syrians preferred Trump over Biden?
Again... "parking tickets"?:confused: WTF are you talking about? Trump wasn't "seeking better relations" with Russia for the benefit of America or Americans. He was toadying to Putin because Putin has manipulated him, and because he is seeking personal/financial benefit for himself. If you can't see that, you're just blind, naive or too partisan to admit/accept it.

You want to hear the real kicker - the punchline. I live, and am a citizen of Canada. But this forum community and their rhetoric has become so toxic and self-indulgent that my lack of desire to commit, fully and completely, without reservation and doubt, to supporting and endorsing a candidate I cannot even vote for (something inflicted on every other non-American who posts here) is taken as a personal insult and as grave and dire an abdication of duty as if I had a vote. That is why I was only using terms like, "support," "endorse," and "stamp of approval," (for myself) and never, "vote." I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, as you were likely unaware, but doesn't that forum attitude and expectation sound ridiculous to you. It's another part of why I'm so upset here, in general.
Sorry, bad on me for assuming you were a citizen of the US, I shouldn't have done that.

But I suspect that the pushback or criticism you are receiving here is not related to "voting" specifically, but to bafflement regarding your argument that Biden and Trump are essentially equivalent choices.

I will also make a side note that voting for a particular candidate is not an endorsement of everything that candidate believes or their entire platform. I get the impression that a lot of people kind of assume that, but it's a harmful view of the electoral process and has done quite a bit of damage from a partisan perspective. Voting (or "supporting", to make it more relevant to you as a non-citizen) a particular candidate is simply making a call as to which candidate is a better overall choice for the country, and not a statement of absolute support for everything they say.

Joe Biden wrote crime bills, Kamala enforced them - what a team
Here's one of the major, essentially fatal flaws in the "crime bill" attack that you and the Republicans keep trying to square peg into a round hole. Black voters aren't buying it. Biden leads Trump among black voters 89% to 8%, according to Pew Research. The whole point of bringing up the crime bill, is to point out that the crime bill was racist legislation (which it absolutely was) right? And then to make the connection that since Biden supported that racist legislation, he's racist, yes? And so black people shouldn't support him yes? Black people, and everyone else FTM, should be outraged at Biden for such a racist piece of legislation yes?

But then I laugh, because if I'm not outraged at Joe Biden, where do you get off telling me that I should be? I'm the one who's black not you. If black people writ large are supporting Biden, where do you and Republicans get off telling us that we shouldn't be voting for him because "he's so racist, look at the crime bill"? What you don't seem to grasp, making this argument, is that black people have been voting for people who harbored racially prejudiced attitudes/beliefs since we were first able to vote. Because the choice is almost always between two white guys, neither of whom had such a peachy attitude towards black people. This is only the 3rd time in history that there has even been a black person on a major party ticket. We're always having to make that kind of choice between two white guys with imperfect records when it comes to racism. You think one piece of racist legislation is going to sway us off supporting our candidate of choice? Half the crap that comes out of Washington is, and has been racist...but we still have to pick someone to vote for. I think black people can do just fine deciding which candidate they feel is the most/least racist and how that factors into their choice.

Or are you going to take the position that black people are too stupid to know what's best for them? Because that's all I hear every time a Republican, or you bring up the crime bill... its as if you think that if only silly black people realized the Joe Biden is to blame for the crime bill, they'd realize that he's the real racist, not the Klan, and they'd stop supporting him.

The "crime bill" argument is a loser... its DOA.

I vote libertarian...
You know, it's funny. My wife knows Jo Jorgensen personally (not well, but she studied in Jo's department when pursuing her graduate degree). Jo was...not well liked. My wife's old academic advisor, who is a direct colleague of Jo's, said that he wouldn't vote for her to lead a committee, let alone lead the country.

State votes are correlated. If Trump loses Ohio he also loses PA 100% of the time. Also probably loses at least one, and probably all, of the other upper Midwest states he needs too.
I agree that states are correlated. But I think you have it reversed. If Biden wins Ohio, he's definitely winning Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania. There is no scenario where Biden wins Ohio but loses PA. But he could easily lose Ohio and still win the other three.

I think its similar for GA and FL. No scenario where Biden wins GA but loses FL... but he could easily win FL but still lose GA.

You know, it's funny. My wife knows Jo Jorgensen personally (not well, but she studied in Jo's department when pursuing her graduate degree). Jo was...not well liked. My wife's old academic advisor, who is a direct colleague of Jo's, said that he wouldn't vote for her to lead a committee, let alone lead the country.
That's funny:lol: I wouldn't expect anyone, including @Berzerker, who didn't know you or your wife, or that advisor personally, to change their vote based on that anecdote... but its still pretty funny.

If you vote for the Libertarian party and/or the GOPs pet Libertarians, the Pauls. You either don't care about racism, or are racist. Super long track record of racism. And their ideology fails immediately on business discrimination, and either comes out as 'um free market will solve it' (just like the free market totally solved Jim Crow) or a more honest 'that's by design'.

And black people voting, as a strategic bloc has consistently picked their favoured candidates, and given their voice a greater sway in the party. Hispanics haven't wielded the same lever, and so get far less power, except Cubans who as a specific sliver in Florida have gained power.

Anyway Beserker as usual is talking out of his ass. Pretty bold as a poster to act like this. Just random supposition that climate change will totally be great, because he personally thinks it will be good, based on no science or expertise. Holding up as political gospel, a junk political test, with biased questions, and whose results are so clearly designed to push you to back Bernie if you have somewhat left of centre views. Random idiot Youtubers, whose opinion we are supposed to care about because reasons. More dumb talking points straight from the Bernout and Republican playbook.

The fact is the 1994 crime bill was demanded by the Black community as well. A majority of the Congressional black caucus voted for it. Lots of black community leaders urged for it. Was Biden supposed to overrule them, and say actually I know what is best for you?

It was a different time, and context with a different understanding. Punitive measures were thought to be effective, but have been proven not to be. People didn't realise to what extent these laws would be used to target the innocent and petty crime. They didn't understand that a generation had been raised with lead poisoning, largely causing the crime wave.

Again, no one seems to hold Bernie to account for voting for the bill.

Last edited:
What you don't seem to grasp, making this argument, is that black people have been voting for people who harbored racially prejudiced attitudes/beliefs since we were first able to vote.
Just quoting this for emphasis sake because it's so effed up.

Or are you going to take the position that black people are too stupid to know what's best for them?
Kushner has another take on that

“One thing we’ve seen in a lot of the Black community, which is mostly Democrat, is that President Trump’s policies are the policies that can help people break out of the problems that they’re complaining about,” Kushner said Monday on “Fox & Friends.” “But he can’t want them to be successful more than they want to be successful.”

So, there's the real problem. If only Black People would want to be successful, Trump would have helped you. So, again, I'm afraid it's your own fault.

This is representative of an overwhelming sense I keep getting regarding some of the criticism of Biden:

3ks1w4.png

This is kind of the feel.

But really, you just have to figure out which way the suburbs are breaking and you can probably summarize the overall balance of the ethics towards the downtrodden. Note: the balance can still be teeter-toterring back in forth with the base planted firmly in hell.

This is a cheerleader and pestilence election. People elect cheerleaders based on if they like the class, just how it works. Certainly true for me. I don't like assclowns. The pestilence is the pestilence.

While older Black voters look as if they’ll vote for Biden by margins similar to Clinton’s in 2016, Trump’s support among young Black voters (18 to 44) has jumped from around 10 percent in 2016 to 21 percent in UCLA Nationscape’s polling. Black voters remain an overwhelmingly Democratic-leaning constituency, but a notable reduction in their support could still be a problem for Biden.

Notably, young Black voters don’t seem to feel as negatively about Trump as older Black Americans do. For instance, an early-July African American Research Collaborative poll of battleground states found that 35 percent of 18-to-29-year-old Black adults agreed that although they didn’t always like Trump’s policies, they liked his strong demeanor and defiance of the establishment.

from 538
fivethirtyeight.com/features/trump-is-losing-ground-with-white-voters-but-gaining-among-black-and-hispanic-americans/amp/

538 is showing Biden ahead in Iowa, and Trump has dropped to an 11% chance of winning. Trump's lead in Ohio is about 1.4%. Biden is ahead 3% in Arizona. 270 to win polling map shows that if Biden wins Arizona, he could hit 270, even losing PA and NC and FL. RCP has Biden up by 7.7%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom