(7-1) New Beta Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello my friend! :)

I dug up G's answer from couple years ago, maybe it will also help for you:

"That typically means EUI did not end up in your Civ 5 DLC folder. Move EUI out of the c:/ directory for that and put it in your alt directory."

i did not understand perfectly.
(im having unable to load texture errors [DCx_diplomacyxx.dds] kind)
My game was working fine before i formatted my pc.
Shouldn i just need to install populi installer as admin, do i need to do something else?

Last edited:
i did not understand perfectly.
(im having unable to load texture errors [DCx_diplomacyxx.dds] kind)
My game was working fine before i formatted my pc.
Shouldn i just need to install populi installer as admin, do i need to do something else?
When installing the mod, are you choosing EUI (Enchanced User Interface) as well? Is your EUI (a folder called UI_bc1) located somewhere here? C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC

When installing the mod, are you choosing EUI (Enchanced User Interface) as well? Is your EUI (a folder called UI_bc1) located somewhere here? C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC

yeah @Revolutionist_8 as you said,
i fixed it, sorry it was some time since i last played so i got kinda lost.

Generous refunds. I really do like that you get a refund when you get a free building to replace a building you already built. But is it supposed to be twice the production? I had a castle and built Himeji so getting a free castle and on top of that then twice the production back for the castle (1764 production which is twice the cost of a castle on deity marathon -- 882 production (- the production bonus from fealty perhaps).

civ5-vp-31-doublerefund.jpg1

not a complaint because it really only happens when i reload maybe 3 times. but my UI flickers alot and then this occurs until i reset. Really not a big problem because a reset fixes it.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    4.5 KB · Views: 66
How exactly is the unhappy penalty on units meant to work? Because currently war weariness and even ideological pressure provides a pretty heavy penalty to building units even if you are overall happy. Which seems a bit unreasonable, even more so with ideological pressure.

Thank you for nice advice. Changing the fertility barrier indeed helped a lot. Now I start testing.

Unfortunately, the priority issue still exists. The problem must lay elsewhere.

I tried earlier with making spawning NWs more dense, but not radically. In my games on Standard maps, there should be 8 to 12 NWs.

BTW, I get such an error:
Code:
[9461.663] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Adam\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(6a) Community Balance Overhaul - Compatibility Files (EUI)\LUA\EUI_tooltip_library.lua:82: attempt to index local 'Game' (a nil value)
Everyone gets that error in this version.

Nothing was changed regarding priority.

thing was changed regarding priority.
Could you look at it? Maybe something can be coded better? It's not working like it supposed to be. Or I miss something.

Last edited:
I’m playing the new beta and Isabella just denounced me out of the blue. I’m seeing a -35 penalty saying I have denounced them, but I haven’t.

I've noticed non-founder AI (as in did not found a religion) build the Hagia Sophia on multiple occasions now. Is there any reason they do this? I can't really imagine them getting nearly as much utility out of it as a founder: it just ends up being a waste of resources and increases their later wonder costs.

I've noticed non-founder AI (as in did not found a religion) build the Hagia Sophia on multiple occasions now. Is there any reason they do this? I can't really imagine them getting nearly as much utility out of it as a founder: it just ends up being a waste of resources and increases their later wonder costs.

Why not? It's still a decent wonder. You get a great person (prophet) to build a unique tile improvement (holy site), which is a nice yield tile. A free church building that you might not get otherwise. The bonus for spread strength might be a bit wasted, unless you later plan on conquering a religion or you want to pick a religion from the once that exists and then spread that about -- but those things might be a bit more for the human player. Don't know if it's a plan as far as the AI is concerned. That or it's just "hate-building" as in I'll get the wonder so you can't have it. Or it being a Wonder is enough of a reason. Considering it's the AI the later wonder cost doesn't seem to really bother them to much.

I started a new game and im currently a bit over half-way.
Here are some issues I encountered so far :
Spy missions don't yield anything even when successful, so its literally pointless to spy (see SC)
Production focus does'nt work
As seen in the other 2 SCs, 49 coal on a standard map seems quite low? Especially since I have none and the bug that says im at -10 somehow...
Finally I popped a great scientist in industrial when I already had 4 academies and it still only gave me 6 turns of science... Is that intended? If so, when are we supposed to pop them?

Attachments

• 20210730151634_1.jpg
    20210730151634_1.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 45
  • 20210730104922_1.jpg
    20210730104922_1.jpg
    508.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 20210730151315_1.jpg
    20210730151315_1.jpg
    470.9 KB · Views: 40
When installing any of the beta versions, my game crashes when I try to load the game in the mod screen. Am I installing something wrong? Clean install deleted cache.

Be wary of beta builds! You get addicted to new features and can’t bring yourself to go back to the stable version but in return may have to live with bugs for a long time.

When installing any of the beta versions, my game crashes when I try to load the game in the mod screen. Am I installing something wrong? Clean install deleted cache.
I just played 896 turns (small map) with 7-1-3 and no CTD at all.

I suppose you load Mods first before you load your save game?
Have a look at Installing and Starting the Game. It may help.
If you don't succed and actually you don't know exactly what you're doing :), reinstalling all is often the best effortless solution. Enjoy VP

Last edited:
Why not? It's still a decent wonder. You get a great person (prophet) to build a unique tile improvement (holy site), which is a nice yield tile. A free church building that you might not get otherwise. The bonus for spread strength might be a bit wasted, unless you later plan on conquering a religion or you want to pick a religion from the once that exists and then spread that about -- but those things might be a bit more for the human player. Don't know if it's a plan as far as the AI is concerned. That or it's just "hate-building" as in I'll get the wonder so you can't have it. Or it being a Wonder is enough of a reason. Considering it's the AI the later wonder cost doesn't seem to really bother them to much.

I disagree. Firstly, the primary use of a prophet at this point is for enhancing, which a non-founder has no use of. They have no use for the spread either as you mentioned, so they have to create a holy site. But how useful is that really? As a non-founder civ, I really don’t need faith that much - I use it pretty much only for buildings, which doesn’t require much faith, and great people after the industrial era, which is pretty late anyway. It gives you a church, which is nice- but at what cost? The Hagia Dophia costs 500 hammers which is pretty expensive.

I don’t get the hate-building logic either. In a game with 8 players, you are denying the wonder to one player, at significant cost to yourself. That might make sense occasionally in a duopoly kind of game where only two civs are leading. But if there are multiple civs competing with you, sinking 500 hammers (plus increasing future wonder costs) into a wonder to deny it to one other player seems quite self sacrificial to me.

Yes, that sounds logical. They shouldn't do it and I don't believe it's intended. At least not on higher levels. Low level AI may do whatever they want, but if you noticed that on Immortal, you'd better report it on GitHub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom