A bloodless American coup.

Little Raven

On Walkabout
Newsmax, a conservative media outlet, recently published an article on the growing possibility of a military coup to "solve the Obama problem." Newsmax has since pulled the article, but not before TPM and google cached a copy.

Enjoy.
Imagine a bloodless coup to restore and defend the Constitution through an interim administration that would do the serious business of governing and defending the nation. Skilled, military-trained, nation-builders would replace accountability-challenged, radical-left commissars. Having bonded with his twin teleprompters, the president would be detailed for ceremonial speech-making.

Military intervention is what Obama's exponentially accelerating agenda for "fundamental change" toward a Marxist state is inviting upon America. A coup is not an ideal option, but Obama's radical ideal is not acceptable or reversible.

Unthinkable? Then think up an alternative, non-violent solution to the Obama problem. Just don't shrug and say, "We can always worry about that later."
Does anyone actually think a military coup is an acceptable idea, much less a good idea?

Reminds me of the [wiki]Business Plot[/wiki]. Well, except the actual conspiracy thing.

That would be crazy if there was a coup in the USA. I can't imagine really.

An election in 2012 or an inauguration in 2017 seem the two most likely.

The person goes on to say the following
Just don't shrug and say, "We can always worry about that later."

I take this to mean they think waiting till an election would be too late for America or whatever.

I'm not advocating the article, I'm just saying what I think the person means.

I don't want a Civil War or whatever in America lol.

Isn't an article like this illegal, actually?

Newsmax, a conservative media outlet, recently published an article on the growing possibility of a military coup to "solve the Obama problem." Newsmax has since pulled the article, but not before TPM and google cached a copy.

Enjoy.

Does anyone actually think a military coup is an acceptable idea, much less a good idea?

I do not believe the military would go along with such treason. And it is a treasonous idea.

I am not much of a fan of the Obama Administration, but the idea of any kind of coup is just...too troubling to contemplate. I would hope that any such attempt would be put down and those who perpetrate such an act would be punished, severely.

This "military coup" crap is just the result of an old crotchety bastard on his deathbed who hates everything giving an interview recently... Gore Vidal.

This "military coup" crap is just the result of an old crotchety bastard on his deathbed who hates everything giving an interview recently... Gore Vidal.

The article was written by one "John L. Perry" - what does Vidal have to do with it?

But he hasn't done anything. I could see the military going crazy over FDR or LBJ's social programs -- not that there was much of a military in FDR's time -- but what has Obama done to merit the hatred and contempt he's receiving from roughnecks other than being black, having a non-European name, and knowing how to express himself clearly? McCain and Palin would have backed big business just as Obama is doing -- maybe for different intentions, but the effect would be the same.

Things are completely ridiculous now.

In extreme circumstances (like if Obama decided he could cancel the elections, declare himself dictator for life, and completely ignore any constitutional protections on civil rights) a coup could be a good thing. One could even argue that it is demanded, as military officers have an oath to defend the constitution and not to follow any commands given by a president who has discarded the document. Of course, those circumstances are very far fetched, and without them a coup would be treason.

In extreme circumstances (like if Obama decided he could cancel the elections, declare himself dictator for life, and completely ignore any constitutional protections on civil rights) a coup could be a good thing. One could even argue that it is demanded, as military officers have an oath to defend the constitution and not to follow any commands given by a president who has discarded the document. Of course, those circumstances are very far fetched, and without them a coup would be treason.

A coup would still be treason in those situations. It would be a court and law enforcement issue, not a military issue. There would be a court order for the president's removal in that case, and the FBI would probably do it. But it would never come up, because any president that tried it would never get enough of the government to follow his lead.

Restore and defend the consitution?! These rightists must be ou of there mind. Obama is not using the consitution like toilet paper (unlike Bush).

I don't think we could ever have a coup. If someone attempts it at the federal level the states will ignore the new guys orders. If one were to happen at the state level then the federal government would just boot them out.

Not to mention we're way to cool to do anything so incredibly lame as to have a bloodless coup. Not when we always have the option of a bloody coup. :p

Enjoy.

Enjoy a visit by the SS (Secret Service ;))

Top Bottom