A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has to do with Civ using too much RAM while loading, methinks. AND probably puts it over the top. Try removing a few civilizations from the modules folder and see what happens.

I had the same problem -- with Mega and AND -- I cleaned out the cache, and did a hard shutdown, afterward, it was fine. It is likly a memory issue, and there may be some unnecessary items stuck in the cache which is tying up memory.

Good luck.

1.2gigs of CPU? That's like saying you walked 4 kg today. Nonsensical units. ;)

Yeah, I am thinking of adding more cultural levels with Larger City Radiuses, so it's even harder to achieve. It really shouldn't happen till the modern era.

1) you know the task manager right? well the one showing all the stuff running and how much it is using well, it was talking about CPU and showed 1,203,000K being used, and the best part was that I hadn't touched it in 5 minutes :crazyeye: so I guess it was RAM but yeah!

2) I did have 20 wonders in it BEFORE it hit the level previous to the 3rd ring opens up I had that many because there were only three civs counting me too

1.2gigs of CPU? That's like saying you walked 4 kg today. Nonsensical units. ;)

Yeah, I am thinking of adding more cultural levels with Larger City Radiuses, so it's even harder to achieve. It really shouldn't happen till the modern era.

On that note, would it be possible to tie city radius expansion to tech rather than culture? I'm finding that only one or two of my cities gain that level of culture and they do so quickly as my main wonder cities while others never come close to that cultural level.

Tying expanding radius to tech makes far more sense. Perhaps with mechanized transport or refrigeration?

2) I did have 20 wonders in it BEFORE it hit the level previous to the 3rd ring opens up I had that many because there were only three civs counting me too

Oh, so you were "cheating", with the game option. Well, it is unbalancing, that's why it's off by default.

You may be running out of RAM. I would suggest lowering the graphics around then, or playing smaller map sizes.

But Before I installed AND, I could play over even about 2000kb gamesave. I think that there is some problems in CvGameCoreDLL.dll. Because, I'd had always CTD with CvGameCoreDLL.dll when the gamesave is over 1500 kb.

Are there anyone who can play with gamesave which is over than 1500kb?

Afforess, the new Civics are buged. When I swich to one there is no Anarchy.

But Before I installed AND, I could play over even about 2000kb gamesave. I think that there is some problems in CvGameCoreDLL.dll. Because, I'd had always CTD with CvGameCoreDLL.dll when the gamesave is over 1500 kb.

It probably has to do with the sheer size of it. Every time I add a new modifier, I add a new line to the save games, sometimes, if it's a complex modifier, several lines. It probably makes your save games less stable. I recommend maps no larger than "Large".

Afforess, the new Civics are buged. When I swich to one there is no Anarchy.

Fixed for next release.;)

I keep seeing TXT_MISC_HIRED_WAR_ALLY Afforess. Just RoM 2.81 + AND 1.53. Want logs and stuff, or are you aware of this one already?

I keep seeing TXT_MISC_HIRED_WAR_ALLY Afforess. Just RoM 2.81 + AND 1.53. Want logs and stuff, or are you aware of this one already?

Already fixed it for the next release, a few other people already reported it.

EDIT:
3) I was attacking the city of Beijing and even though it had High Walls it fell like put because I had Rifling, however in RL the Walls of Beijing IIRC were attack in 1902 and they lasted three days of siege with out being manned at all, and the attacking armies (yes THAT many) had artillery... so something should be done!
I propose a) there is another set of Walls after High Walls, that expires much latter or b) China has a UB High Walls that are much tougher and last longer, because pretty much every big city in China had them link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_city_wall

what about this part Afforess?

I would like to report my first game with out CTD, well actually it did CTD when I switched to these forums. I even had a city with 105+ population and every religion bar 2 (Druidic and Animisim).

Hi, got a odd problem with "A new dawn". Then I install this mod and starts a new game the map/terrain is black. See attachment.

This doesn't occur in RoM. I tried to uninstall adn and install it again with a fewer components like the building inc. but the result was the same.
I use windows 7, I don't know if this has anything to do with it.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 81
Hi, got a odd problem with "A new dawn". Then I install this mod and starts a new game the map/terrain is black. See attachment.

This doesn't occur in RoM. I tried to uninstall adn and install it again with a fewer components like the building inc. but the result was the same.

Oh, eww! Now I know what black terrain means. Never had it at all.
Odd.

this has been disucssed for the last coupe of posts, try searching at leas the previous 2 pages before posting bugs

I'm pretty sure I can. I get up to over 1MB easily with a game so I don't see why I couldn't run it being that large.

In the case of using "1.2Gigs of CPU", my ATI Tray Tools OnScreen Display reports that I use about 1.1-1.4GBs of RAM in games with huge maps. The Free Texture Memory and Free Video Memory both sit around 450-505MBs of VRAM (off a 512MB AGP Card). I did try using lower graphics settings and don't notice any difference in performance so I just keep my settings on high (Highest settings, High-Res Textures, 1280x1024). As for you performance junkies, I've been playing without the "No Building Graphics" module so I will start a game with it in to see if there is a big performance change for those of you with older PCs.

Afforess, if you want, please redirect all audio issues to me since that area is easy for me to detect and fix. I'm still in the process of testing ALL the leaders to see if their audio is correct so I'll give you the heads up when I find and fix an issue.

what about this part Afforess?

EDIT:
3) I was attacking the city of Beijing and even though it had High Walls it fell like put because I had Rifling, however in RL the Walls of Beijing IIRC were attack in 1902 and they lasted three days of siege with out being manned at all, and the attacking armies (yes THAT many) had artillery... so something should be done!
I propose a) there is another set of Walls after High Walls, that expires much latter or b) China has a UB High Walls that are much tougher and last longer, because pretty much every big city in China had them link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_city_wall

Generalstaff is already making a new set of walls. I'd go look at what he and Hydro worked up.

I would like to report my first game with out CTD, well actually it did CTD when I switched to these forums. I even had a city with 105+ population and every religion bar 2 (Druidic and Animisim).

Alt-Tabbing can cause a CTD because your RAM usage spikes wildly.

Afforess, if you want, please redirect all audio issues to me since that area is easy for me to detect and fix. I'm still in the process of testing ALL the leaders to see if their audio is correct so I'll give you the heads up when I find and fix an issue.

Sure... Have there been any other audio complaints? I thought you caught the one audio bug.

Sure... Have there been any other audio complaints? I thought you caught the one audio bug.
That one was not so much as a bug as it is incorrect audio playing. If anyone complains of any audio.log issues or sound problems, then I will take them off your hands. ;)

Just wanted to throw in a random comment that since I switched to Window Mode in Civ4 the game has very much increased in stability since I used Alt-Tabbing a lot. Alt-Tabbing in Fullscreen Mode can make the game crash very often.

RoM 2.81 Full, AND 1.53

Got this error today, didn't seem to break anything:

from Pythondbg.log:

PY:City Anasazi's culture has expanded
PY: Revolt - Arabian Caliphate bribing Boston with large bribe so that it won't join a revolt, odds 5
PY:player 14 Civilization Ethiopian Kingdom Unit Trireme was killed by Player 50
PY:player 50 Civilization Barbarian State Unit Galley was killed by Player 14
PY: Revolt - The Maya Empire is in anarchy!
PY: Revolt - The English Empire are in their golden age!
PY: Revolt - Assimilation! Maya Empire considering assimilation due to tech
00:09:22 TRACE: Error in EndGameTurn event handler <function onEndGameTurn at 0x02876670>
00:09:22 TRACE: local variable 'secCultPlayer' referenced before assignment
PY:OnPreSave

from PythonErr.log

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "BugEventManager", line 357, in _handleDefaultEvent
File "RevEvents", line 129, in onEndGameTurn
File "RevEvents", line 1088, in checkForAssimilation
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'secCultPlayer' referenced before assignment

Can provide save and/or logs if neccessary.

There seems to be some minor bugs in the Advanced Diplomacy package: i get multiple "TradeUtil - unknown Type 18" on embassy trades and an "... Type 6" for a right of passage agreement just after the diplomacy screen closes.

There's also another issue: sometimes other civs contact me but they don't want anything. The diplomacy screen just opens on the start as if i had contacted them. but i can't say if this is a problem with your mod or RoM itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom