A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
There seems to be some minor bugs in the Advanced Diplomacy package: i get multiple "TradeUtil - unknown Type 18" on embassy trades and an "... Type 6" for a right of passage agreement just after the diplomacy screen closes.

There's also another issue: sometimes other civs contact me but they don't want anything. The diplomacy screen just opens on the start as if i had contacted them. but i can't say if this is a problem with your mod or RoM itself.

Both are known bugs. See the OP for a full list of known bugs 1.53

Oups, sry i've read the last 2 pages but not the first one.

But i've found another one: one AI started to bother me every round with 'stop trading with our worst enemy'. although i deny (each turn) the relations between us do not suffer. after 10 rounds i've acceped their demands but the very next turn they wanted a tech from me... so no matter what i answere they will bother me next turn. it seems as if the AI doesn't remember to have spoken to me a turn earlier. this all started after i've ended our war. it seems there is no option for me other than tell them 'don't bother me'.

version RoM 2.81 Full, anD 1.53

There's also another issue: sometimes other civs contact me but they don't want anything. The diplomacy screen just opens on the start as if i had contacted them.

Saw this yesterday too, usually when I conquered an enemy city the turn before, more seldom when at war generally and never when at peace.

Edit: Meh, missed page 13 when posting this. It's early here, will go for a coffee now...

damocles88 wrote:I found a surprisingly simple solution...

In the assets/xml/GlobalDefines.xml file, change the section:
<DefineName>MIN_BARBARIAN_CITY_STARTING_DISTANCE </DefineName>
<iDefineIntVal>2</iDefineIntVal>

to:
<DefineName>MIN_BARBARIAN_CITY_STARTING_DISTANCE </DefineName>
<iDefineIntVal>6</iDefineIntVal>

It seems the main reason the barbarians seemed to be producing tons of units is because they were working together. So having 4-5 cities in close proximity to the player resulted in an explosion of warrior units all acting as one civ. By spacing the barb cities further away, they take longer to group together, giving the player enough time to build up some defences and stave off the barbarian attacks.

So far I've only tested this in a Large continents map, but it should scale to most map sizes (although I assume small maps will struggle to find space for all the barbarian cities)

Don't know if you are aware of this Afforess. Might be worth incorporating into AND.

JosEPh :)

Edit: It was posted in the Main RoM forum about Barb City ModMod may be too powerful. Zappara took note of it.

Don't know if you are aware of this Afforess. Might be worth incorporating into AND.

JosEPh :)

Edit: It was posted in the Main RoM forum about Barb City ModMod may be too powerful. Zappara took note of it.

yeah, thanks. I saw it. I see everything. :borg:

You might be surprised at all the CFC forums I'm on. How else does one get a 4k post count? ;)

yeah, thanks. I saw it. I see everything. :borg:

You might be surprised at all the CFC forums I'm on. How else does one get a 4k post count? ;)

J/k Spammer?!!

:lol:

JosEPh ;)

I believe these buttons are wrong:

<Button>art/Interface/Buttons/Projects/MissileAAGun.dds</Button>
<Button>art/Interface/Buttons/Projects/LaserDefenses.dds</Button>
<Button>art/Interface/Buttons/Projects/AntiMissile_Railgun.dds</Button>

i believe they should be:

Modules/Civ_Fuehrer/ANM/art/Interface/Buttons/Projects/MissileAAGun.dds
Modules/Civ_Fuehrer/ANM/art/Interface/Buttons/Projects/LaserDefenses.dds
Modules/Civ_Fuehrer/ANM/art/Interface/Buttons/Projects/AntiMissile_Railgun.dds

I believe these buttons are wrong:

<Button>art/Interface/Buttons/Projects/MissileAAGun.dds</Button>
<Button>art/Interface/Buttons/Projects/LaserDefenses.dds</Button>
<Button>art/Interface/Buttons/Projects/AntiMissile_Railgun.dds</Button>

i believe they should be:

Modules/Civ_Fuehrer/ANM/art/Interface/Buttons/Projects/MissileAAGun.dds
Modules/Civ_Fuehrer/ANM/art/Interface/Buttons/Projects/LaserDefenses.dds
Modules/Civ_Fuehrer/ANM/art/Interface/Buttons/Projects/AntiMissile_Railgun.dds

I'm not sure what outdated version you're playing, but in 1.53, they all list the correct paths.

2.81/1.53, got 12 cataputs, approached Seoul, tried to bombard his defense, and..... couldn't lower the defense. Korean capital remained 210% no matter what. Even if I tried to do ranged bombard, I still got info about 210% defense....

EDIT:
the same with trebs :( And I got one surprising thing: combat odds were like this:

67% (me) versus..........100% (Aztec Maceman).

very strange. I didn't try to fight :lol:

To me, the "cannot bombard defenses down" bug sounds like a case of several buildings stacking together to form a "-100+% reduction in damage to defense a city can get from bombardment from non-gunpowder units" protection barrier. See: http://modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/Civ4BuildingInfos#Integers, the "iBombardDefense" section. For example, the high walls have:
Code:
<iDefense>50</iDefense>
<iBombardDefense>40</iBombardDefense>

If the total BombardDefense of a city from buildings equals or exceeds 100, then as I see it, that would mean the city's defenses cannot be bombarded down at all -- sounds just like the reported symptoms!

Try going into the WorldBuilder and giving yourself an artillery, and use that to bombard the defenses. Does the bug "go away"? If so, then methinks the city has built multiple BombardDefense buildings... perhaps Afforess' Castle Addons module thingy is the culprit? (I personally don't play with that module, so I dunno...)

To me, the "cannot bombard defenses down" bug sounds like a case of several buildings stacking together to form a "-100+% reduction in damage to defense a city can get from bombardment from non-gunpowder units" protection barrier. See: http://modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/Civ4BuildingInfos#Integers, the "iBombardDefense" section. For example, the high walls have:
Code:
<iDefense>50</iDefense>
<iBombardDefense>40</iBombardDefense>
If the total BombardDefense of a city from buildings equals or exceeds 100, then as I see it, that would mean the city's defenses cannot be bombarded down at all -- sounds just like the reported symptoms!

Try going into the WorldBuilder and giving yourself an artillery, and use that to bombard the defenses. Does the bug "go away"? If so, then methinks the city has built multiple BombardDefense buildings... perhaps Afforess' Castle Addons module thingy is the culprit? (I personally don't play with that module, so I dunno...)

If that is so (It may well be, throw a wonder or two, full castles mod, walls, and the works and it probably does add up to over 100%), then that is a "bug" in the way the game calculates the defense. To me a 100% increase in bombard defense would only stop 1/2 the damage, not all of it.

However it seems that the way it is coded is to be an absolute value, not a modifier, which suggests it is working as intended, but having negative side effects...

Worst of all, I'd wager that the way the game determines whether or not your siege unit's bombardment was "successful" against the city is if the damage done is greater than 0. So even though you are successfully damaging the walls, the game reads it as a failure, and the cities defense increase, as if it is safe.

I'm not sure I see an adequate solution to the real problem here, I guess I am going to have to nerf the Castle Buildings bombard defense.

Hi, Afforess.

First of all, I appreciate your work very much! It has done all things that I dream about, especially for the speed optimization and terraforming.

I got a little problem here, when I install the modmod by the file "A New Dawn 1.53.exe" downloaded from the thread "Main Download Information" of this sub forum, my Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 reports that this file has a virus. I'm sorry I forgot the name of the worm, it has been deleted at once when it been detected. But by disable my KIS, I installed the mod successfully, and play with it well. Maybe you had better provide a clean mod file package without installer.

:sigh:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news. I got a repeatable CTD.

Here are the logs:
Spoiler :

{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Civic Flavors} {Ice Breaker} Meteorology {Mountains } {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {Resource Refinement} {Multiple Production Mod} {War Prizes} Zoology Firestorm {The World's Fair} Arctic {Larger Cities} {Espionage Process} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Education Sports {Fixed Borders} NIMBY {Civic Buildings & More Wonders} {Surround and Destroy} {No Storms} {Advanced Diplomacy} {Balanced Civics} {Early Buildings} ANM Fortifications

Playing 2.81 Full With Custom Civilizations installed but not its python files. Both Custom Civilizations and Custom Leaders from the civpack, I mean.

Then attached are the savegame and my GlobeDefines.xml with few lines modified.

Ok, what you are supposed to do to experience my crash:

After beijing is done building Cannery, build Doctor's Office. After humanism tech is done, research Social Contract. When Nefertiti try to get you to cancel deals, ignore her.

Within two or so turns, there will be a CTD on my end.

EDIT: Forgot three more things:
1. I use AAranda's units as modified by DH. I excised all mention of forczed worker from that download.
2. The Noble mod was deleted. Then I excised all mention of noble units from other folder, Modular Civic Units. In one of CivilizationInfo.xml where the barbarians had Noble units. Well, delete them or disable them somehow.
3. Use the OS79 folder I uploaded few pages ago as well.

what could be the problem if i cant continue my game, because every time i hit "end turn" i get a crash in cvgamecoredll.dll ? I cant post the save since its 1.45 mb in size.

Note this game is with RoM 2.8 and Dawn beta 1.3 from 2-3 weeks ago. I would like to finish the game though...

:sigh:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news. I got a repeatable CTD.

Here are the logs:
Spoiler :

{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Civic Flavors} {Ice Breaker} Meteorology {Mountains } {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {Resource Refinement} {Multiple Production Mod} {War Prizes} Zoology Firestorm {The World's Fair} Arctic {Larger Cities} {Espionage Process} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Education Sports {Fixed Borders} NIMBY {Civic Buildings & More Wonders} {Surround and Destroy} {No Storms} {Advanced Diplomacy} {Balanced Civics} {Early Buildings} ANM Fortifications

Playing 2.81 Full With Custom Civilizations installed but not its python files. Both Custom Civilizations and Custom Leaders from the civpack, I mean.

Then attached are the savegame and my GlobeDefines.xml with few lines modified.

Ok, what you are supposed to do to experience my crash:

After beijing is done building Cannery, build Doctor's Office. After humanism tech is done, research Social Contract. When Nefertiti try to get you to cancel deals, ignore her.

Within two or so turns, there will be a CTD on my end.

EDIT: Forgot three more things:
1. I use AAranda's units as modified by DH. I excised all mention of forczed worker from that download.
2. The Noble mod was deleted. Then I excised all mention of noble units from other folder, Modular Civic Units. In one of CivilizationInfo.xml where the barbarians had Noble units. Well, delete them or disable them somehow.
3. Use the OS79 folder I uploaded few pages ago as well.

Yeah, there is no way I am going to be able to reproduce your set-up, I recommend you grab my source code, get it compiling and swap the dll for a debug dll, and see if you can see the error when it crashes. You're fairly tech savvy, I think you can do it, if you need help, PM me.

Hi,

Great mod.

I recently got a "failure to uncompress game data" message followed by a CTD. I had to go back like 15+ turns in save games to stop the error. It hasn't reoccurred...is there anyway to stop this? Was it caused by a crash during an autosave?

I just built a crossbowman and saw that the game doesn't seem to keep track of his experience points. I built an archer and noticed that he also doesn't have any experience. I built a swordsman and he does. I guess this is because my current buildings only give xp to melee units? I have older archers that I think were built with two levels of experience. Sorry if that is a dumb question...I'm still getting used to RoM as well as A New Dawn.

I have a bunch of missing txt files it seems...I think the latitude/longitude txt things are missing. I also get a bunch of "unknown trade util(1)" on the history log thing. Not sure if I goofed up the install or not.

Again, awesome work. Love all the new early buildings. Girlfriend also gives her regards!

Karsten

Hi,

Great mod.

I recently got a "failure to uncompress game data" message followed by a CTD. I had to go back like 15+ turns in save games to stop the error. It hasn't reoccurred...is there anyway to stop this? Was it caused by a crash during an autosave?

I just built a crossbowman and saw that the game doesn't seem to keep track of his experience points. I built an archer and noticed that he also doesn't have any experience. I built a swordsman and he does. I guess this is because my current buildings only give xp to melee units? I have older archers that I think were built with two levels of experience. Sorry if that is a dumb question...I'm still getting used to RoM as well as A New Dawn.

I have a bunch of missing txt files it seems...I think the latitude/longitude txt things are missing. I also get a bunch of "unknown trade util(1)" on the history log thing. Not sure if I goofed up the install or not.

Again, awesome work. Love all the new early buildings. Girlfriend also gives her regards!

Karsten

The text errors are because you did not patch RoM 2.8 to 2.81. Download and install the patch, over in the RoM forums.

Buildings give XP only to specific units, a stable only gives xp to mounted units, barracks only to melee, archery only to archers... etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom