A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

All i can say on this is, alot of crashes do happen, but the main thing is hard to catch them because they are NOT repetitive. (I usually get about five total in these era's) but NO errors show up in the logs. :crazyeye: I have noticed them mainly in the Classical era and a few just into the Medieval era, then none in the Ren era, but now into the Modern era (middle) i have had 2 loops happen. (I know how to get around these.) The main reason some people like me that dont say anything is because i add a few extra modmod (mine) and Dancing's, and if you dont have the changes EXACTLY the same there is really nothing that can be done about these errors.:p

2. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

Yeah, I knew when I said that for every bug report, 10 other people have the same issue but don't have a CFC account to post...:mischief:

3. szemek77

szemek77 Prince

Listen,
    I can't say what I want to say, cause I don't want to be banned :rolleyes:, but your attitude deserves couple words.

First of all, we do have respect for your prescious time lost, but please keep in mind, that Afforess spent zillion times more on doing his great job. For free. What he and Zappara have done so far (and they are still doing) is simply tremendous. You, and other players like me can get their work for free.

Second, they are not professionals, but due to their devotion, skills and hardwork, RoM and AND are working almost 100% fine. Instead of complaining you should be happy, cause even professional programs (Windows?) have bugs and CTDs.

Third, playing RoM and AND, as well as discussing on this forum is optional, not mandatory. If you don't like it - don't do it. You can stay by BTS.

Fourth, any claims that Affores ignores reports, claims or comments is just pure nonsense. In fact, I can only admire his patience when he answers the same stupid questions again and again.

Fifth, all you need to do is just saving your game more often, plus, you have an autosave option, so even if you get a crash (it happens to me also sometimes) you don't waste "hours" but usually just couple of turns. My experience is that 99 % of RoM and AND crashes are just coincidents and they are not repeatable.

So, I would like to ask you kindly to stop behaving like a selfish, rude, egoistic and spoiled child. Have some respect for people who really DID something positive just for fun and good word.

4. Tarasconus

Tarasconus Chieftain

Hello,
    First, I really like your work.
    I have an issue with my current save, but I'm unable to locate if it's a ROM or AND problem, so I'm posting this here.

After Pressing Enter in Turn 246 the AI shows "Waiting for other Civilisations" and never returns to the Player. However I can still scroll, open main menu and open the worldbuilder but with an endless spinning globe as mouse cursor. This is repeatable and going 1 or 2 turns back doesn't help.
    To locate the problem I deleted some civs the turn bevor it happens. It seems, that the Holy Romans are causing the Problem. Deleting them completely helps. Swiching to them per Alt-Shift-L and playing them manually doesn't. Deleting all their units doesn't help.
    This is a ROM2.81 AND 1.54 Save.
    So my questions are,
    what can I do to solve this problem without removing entire civs, i like this save and would like to play it further.
    What exactly is the reason for this endless loop?

Attached Files:

5. strategyonly

Yeah i have had three of these SO far it started in the Modern Era and now into the Transhuman one, there is a way to get around these if you wanted to know? PM me, i'd rather not let some know, otherwise they'd call it cheating.:p And i hate cheating. But at least you can continue on. I hope you have it to save every turn.

Its not the civ you speak of cause i dont have that civ in my game i am playing.

6. AncientSion

AncientSion Warlord

- Check the last 2 pages, what i posted is a fact. I have still not heart a word about what was causing my crash. And i submitted a save so it gets fixed.

- I autosave every turn. Crashes are not random or avoidable, at least for me. At some point, you cant fix them via going a back turn because they happen when a certain turn is being processed.
    Besides, RoM didnt crash when i was playing it pre 6 weeks ago.

7. Afforess

Thanks, but my patience is not infinite. AncientSion, you obviously are completely ignoring everything anyone is saying to you. This will be the last comment I make towards you.

Could you post your A New Dawn log? It's in your Rise of Mankind folder. I can't open the save without it.

8. Tarasconus

Tarasconus Chieftain

OK, that's it:

{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Civic Flavors} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Mountains } {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {Resource Refinement} {Multiple Production Mod} {War Prizes} Zoology Firestorm {The World's Fair} Arctic {Larger Cities} {Espionage Process} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Education Sports {Hi-Res Cursors} {Fixed Borders} NIMBY {Civic Buildings & More Wonders} {Surround and Destroy} {No Storms} {Advanced Diplomacy} {Balanced Civics} {Early Buildings} ANM Fortifications

9. CivFanCCS

CivFanCCS Warlord

Love the MOD-Mod pack! For some reason much, much quicker turn times w/more enhancements!

I too also ran into the never ending turn problem but reloaded a couple turns before it and got passed it. I have barb. civ on, revolutions off, all other mod components on that were on by default and mastery victory selected. @StrategyOnly - maybe you should just post the "fix" you say you have instead of ppl having to PM you directly. PPl that are gonna cheat will cheat anyways with WB but if you have a fix to a game ending problem I think you should just lay it out there.:confused:

I get an error every once in a while that says "Windows-No Disk" and reports that a message was not successfull. I have no idea what this means or if there are any negative consequences to selecting "continue" when this pops up, if anyone could let me know. I read the last 5 pages of this forum with no success, so I appologize if this has already been discussed.

I had tried a game with revolutions because I love the concept but it needs some tweaking. I am playing a huge earth map and 95% of the starting civs break up into tiny numerous small civs with only 1 or 2 large empires holding it together. Is there any way to make it so revolutions will not start if the civ has less than 6 cities? This way each civ is somewhat relevant to the game and not just an annoying variable of gameplay? It makes the game much less fun to have your civ thriving with 15-25 cities and 1 other civ with 15-20 cities and the other 30 civs with 2 - 5 cities.

Thanks,
    CivFanCCS

10. os79

os79 Deity

My sentiments exactly! I love Revolutions but found that AI is so vulnerable to it at present. Too much so. Understand, I will play it again after I figure out financial troubles for real, not cryptic stories about binaries and whatnot because it challenges me :).

11. Killtech

Killtech Discutator

aren't all the revolution parameters dependant on the difficulty level? i think there should be a good stability bonus on lower difficulties while higher difficulties should add significant instability. i'd love to see me struggle preventing my empire to break apart.

12. CivFanCCS

CivFanCCS Warlord

Afforess,
    I just remembered a couple non-gameplay tweaks that would really help out.

1. Military Advisor screen (Sit-rep) At war icons should display the empire that the civilization is at war with. When you hover over these icons they display the civ you are looking at instead. Can this be fixed?

2. Is it possible to make the scoreboard background completely black instead of transparent? I have changed the colors for power ratios so I can see them better but I think a pure black background would help alot.

3. Create a shortcut that you can use to get into diplomacy with a civ by clicking on one of their units?

4. When you hover over a civ in the scoreboard it says the leader names of who they are at war with, is there anyway for it to display the name of the civilization instead of the leader. This is ok when playing small games but really large games it get tedious trying to find out who (substitute any alphabetically large unknown leader name here) represents.

5. #4 but also when hovering over a civ's cultural area.

Just in case anyone's interested... Playing huge earth map on Snail and I modified "GameSpeedInfos.xml" and set research rate to 1750. I am now in the 18th century and tech rate has been perfect, just starting to research rifling. I hit the classical era at around 500 bc, got into the middle ages around 900 AD, and hit Ren. at 1515 AD. Tech rate at 90% most of the game and no restrictions on tech trading.

13. Killtech

Killtech Discutator

somewhere in the BUG options you can change the design of the score board. one thing is that you can display leader and/or civ names so this shouldn't be a great problem.

14. NBAfan

NBAfan boss

@CivFanCCS You should post your requests in the BUG Mod's fourm.

15. Killtech

Killtech Discutator

help! i just tried to compile your dll source but there's a file missing: CvTextMgr.h. it is included by CvTextScreens.cpp...

EDIT: i hoped the file was renamed but apparently it's not CvGameTextMgr.h

16. Avka

Avka Chieftain

Hiya , getting a semi-stable CTD

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: Civ4BeyondSword.exe
    Application Version: 3.1.9.0
    Application Timestamp: 4a0c27e6
    Fault Module Name: CvGameCoreDLL.dll
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4b2bd0d2
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00133700
    OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.4.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 3164
    Additional Information 2: f31c530d3d12785f4cca5eb2cbce0d8e
    Additional Information 3: 011d
    Additional Information 4: 01351879a445e41ad4df3ba5eb395c4d
    ----------------
    AND 1.54 , RoM 2.81

{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Civic Flavors} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Mountains } {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {Resource Refinement} {Multiple Production Mod} {War Prizes} Zoology Firestorm {The World's Fair} Arctic {Larger Cities} {Espionage Process} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Education Sports {Hi-Res Cursors} {Fixed Borders} NIMBY {Civic Buildings & More Wonders} {Surround and Destroy} {No Storms} {Advanced Diplomacy} {Balanced Civics} {Early Buildings} ANM Fortifications

Other hanges : XML edit in speedinfo to slow research rate and speed up the rate of building improvements\buildings, renamed TXT description on Tao monastery given marshal arts promo ,added blue marble terrain files. (all of them were addded in the begining and should not have caused ctd 650 turns later, shouldnt be required to run the save either).
    -------------------
    Snail\Gigantic map size with planetgenerator script, crashed on turn 652 during turn processing , thought i was able to pass it by WB killing the ship that atacked me. Turn 653 new ship comes in and it CTDs again. So i`m a loss, maybe the ship was just a coincidence twise in a row and ctd got nothing to do with combat. It shoudnt be the prize mod as i`ve had ships taken after combat and took them with no ctds.. hopefuly it`ll still be useful to you somehow.

Had 2 or 3 CTDs earlier in the game but didnt see the apparent reason and they would diasppear after 2 or 3 reloads so nothing useful can say about them.

--

mmm 3.21m is over the limit for the saves on the forum. Anywhere esle i can upload it to ?

uppedd it to http://rapidshare.de/files/48914402/ctd652-BC-0496.CivBeyondSwordSave.html

17. gazius

gazius Warlord

I got a CTD for no readily apparant reason while playing, and when I go to load an auto-save it says something about not being compressed. Not sure what the entire message is, I haven't been able to see the window fast enough before it closes to understand the full thing. It also seems to pop up a second window but it's behind the main window so I don't know what it says at all.

I'm using RoM Full 2.81 with this mod plus the latest patch, and playing through steam if that makes a difference.

Attached Files:

18. konradcabral

konradcabral Prince

Afforess, could you please expand the Realistic Diplomacy? The "You declared war on us" fades away in a adequate time, but the "You declared war on our friend" lasts forever!

19. Afforess

Are you sure you are correct? Declared War on Friend fades faster than Declarations of War in the XML....

20. strategyonly

Got this error

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 983, in forceScreenRedraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 3303, in redraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 7426, in updateHelpStrings

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
    ERR: Python function forceScreenRedraw failed, module CvScreensInterface

(Then crash)

plus i dont know if the walking on water is AND or RoM? Plus another civ has The Wall, but all of a sudden it encircled my whole area also?:crazyeye:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.