Got this error

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 983, in forceScreenRedraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 3303, in redraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 7426, in updateHelpStrings

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
ERR: Python function forceScreenRedraw failed, module CvScreensInterface

(Then crash)

plus i dont know if the walking on water is AND or RoM? Plus another civ has The Wall, but all of a sudden it encircled my whole area also?:crazyeye:

The walking on water is because there are sea tunnels there. (Look up the AND entry for Sea Tunnels for more info.)

I'll look into those crashes, thx.

Just a small, meaningless bug: I installed 1.53, and then 1.54.

If I put the cursor over the flag, it says New Dawn........1.51.
To make it more funny, when I uninstall 1.54, installer says
that I "succesfully uninstaled......1.53"

Probably a small oversight.

Are you sure you are correct? Declared War on Friend fades faster than Declarations of War in the XML....

Not 100% sure, maybe it is because I declared war to many many friends of everyone. I'll look it more deeply in my next game.

I was able to get an AND megapack game working without black terrain. It has to do with too many civs. I had to edit the MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml and keep setting the bLoad value to 0 until I no longer got black terrain. In the end I had to turn off 4 civs from the default megapack load, until I had in game a total of 97 civs. (including Barb and Minor Nation Civs)

Note that setting bLoad to 1 or 0 has no effect on a civ entry which does not have an actual civ folder in Custom Civilizations, only turning off ones that correspond to a matching folder will get you any results. How many Civs you have to turn off may vary according to your specs. I am running Windows 7 (64bit) w/ 4GB RAM.

@StrategyOnly - maybe you should just post the "fix" you say you have instead of ppl having to PM you directly. PPl that are gonna cheat will cheat anyways with WB but if you have a fix to a game ending problem I think you should just lay it out there.:confused:
Thanks,
CivFanCCS

Yeah i guess i had better i have been getting to some PM's that need the same info, so here it is:

This is NOT a fix, as i said, its just a WORK AROUND.

But anyways, it's pretty easy really, you have to go to your last good savedgame (you need to have it saved every turn), once it is ready, GO into the WB and save the game (any name you want) and then save it again in the WB (same name again, i do it twice, just to make sure.

Then go back to the main menu and load the one you just named and it should work from there on till the next loop(waiting for other civilizatons, etc.)

BUG with SeaTunnels:
I have civil engineering and railroad, allowing me to build tunnels. However, my workers on automate are CONSTANTLY overriding the tunnel by building a railroad on top of it. It traps my worker on a tile and prevents any units from recognizing that there was a tunnel there. Adding insult to injury, my workboats can't re-do a tunnel there, meaning my only option is to go into world builder and remove the tunnels manually.

I have "workers leave old improvements" on, but the workers are still overriding the tunnel improvement.

{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Civic Flavors} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Mountains } {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {Resource Refinement} {Multiple Production Mod} {War Prizes} Zoology Firestorm {The World's Fair} Arctic {Larger Cities} {Espionage Process} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Education Sports {Hi-Res Cursors} {Fixed Borders} NIMBY {Civic Buildings & More Wonders} {Surround and Destroy} {No Storms} {Advanced Diplomacy} {Balanced Civics} {Early Buildings} ANM Fortifications

I'm having problems with the BUG Mod, it dosen't seem to be loading properly. I can adjust all aspects of it once I start playing but it never saves any of my BUG options. So at the begining of every time I play I have to reset everything. It dosen't cause any crashes but it's just annoying. It doesn't matter what options I have set up it does this every time. I use everything but the extra civics, Sea monsters,& terraforming. But it works just fine on regular ROM. I have the newest version of your mod 1.54, & I have ROM 2.81. Any help would be appriciated.

Attachments

• New Dawn Problem.jpg
    New Dawn Problem.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 62
I'm having problems with the BUG Mod, it dosen't seem to be loading properly. I can adjust all aspects of it once I start playing but it never saves any of my BUG options. So at the begining of every time I play I have to reset everything. It dosen't cause any crashes but it's just annoying. It doesn't matter what options I have set up it does this every time. I use everything but the extra civics, Sea monsters,& terraforming. But it works just fine on regular ROM. I have the newest version of your mod 1.54, & I have ROM 2.81. Any help would be appriciated.

This is a side effect of Vista/Win7. I recommend that you either always run Civilization with "Run as Admin" or disable UAC.

I just finished one of my game, sort of. I have a small tweaks to my GameSpeed increments coming up soon. Not perfect but slightly better than before.

However, I found a new use for Mastery that should relieve players' need to conquer the whole world in order to win. Can you add in to this tag, iLandPercent, a 100? It is similar to Conquest but is more of Domination win, sort of, but allows me and my vassals to ultimately dominate 100% of the world. It should eliminate my need to kill off other countries, including my vassals in order to conquer the world. Domination seems more realistic to me. If you don't, I don't mind. I will just mod that into the game myself.

However, I found a new use for Mastery that should relieve players' need to conquer the whole world in order to win. Can you add in to this tag, iLandPercent, a 100? It is similar to Conquest but is more of Domination win, sort of, but allows me and my vassals to ultimately dominate 100% of the world. It should eliminate my need to kill off other countries, including my vassals in order to conquer the world. Domination seems more realistic to me. If you don't, I don't mind. I will just mod that into the game myself.

Thanks for the advice, I will change it.

BUG with SeaTunnels:
I have civil engineering and railroad, allowing me to build tunnels. However, my workers on automate are CONSTANTLY overriding the tunnel by building a railroad on top of it. It traps my worker on a tile and prevents any units from recognizing that there was a tunnel there. Adding insult to injury, my workboats can't re-do a tunnel there, meaning my only option is to go into world builder and remove the tunnels manually.

I have "workers leave old improvements" on, but the workers are still overriding the tunnel improvement.

{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Civic Flavors} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Mountains } {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {Resource Refinement} {Multiple Production Mod} {War Prizes} Zoology Firestorm {The World's Fair} Arctic {Larger Cities} {Espionage Process} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Education Sports {Hi-Res Cursors} {Fixed Borders} NIMBY {Civic Buildings & More Wonders} {Surround and Destroy} {No Storms} {Advanced Diplomacy} {Balanced Civics} {Early Buildings} ANM Fortifications

This is a known bug, although it is not listed as such in the first post, and a fix is being prepared as part of the next beta release.

BUG with SeaTunnels:

This is a known bug, although it is not listed as such in the first post, and a fix is being prepared as part of the next beta release.

This was actually one of the first fixes I did for the 1.60beta. ;) Check the beta thread for a full list.

I posted this bug in the Rise of Mankind thread and someone suggested I stick in here.

After about 7 or so Great Persons are born my GP bar starts going negative and spawning lions in my capital. Every turn I get a new lion (quite useless and would prefer a GP haha). anyone else come across this? I'm using ROM 2.81 w/ civ megapack and A New Dawn.

I posted this bug in the Rise of Mankind thread and someone suggested I stick in here.

After about 7 or so Great Persons are born my GP bar starts going negative and spawning lions in my capital. Every turn I get a new lion (quite useless and would prefer a GP haha). anyone else come across this? I'm using ROM 2.81 w/ civ megapack and A New Dawn.

Can I get a save, your A New Dawn Log (It's in the Rise of Mankind folder) and some screenshots?

Actually just being pulling that info out for you... here you go

Attachments

• GP problem.JPG
    GP problem.JPG
    208.7 KB · Views: 76
  • Steve AD-0820.CivBeyondSwordSave
    637.7 KB · Views: 64
Did you know that you have the following in your MLF twice?
Code:
				<Module>
					<Directory>Vicinity</Directory>
					<bLoad>1</bLoad>
				</Module>

I just installed ROM and its patch.....A New Dawn and its patch however.......

at the end of the install for A New Dawn it gave me an error: "Windows cannot find 'woc_installer.jar'. Make sure you typed in the name correctly, and then try again."

I clicked ok....however, the install wizard said that the install was successful and there was an uninstall icon on the desktop for A New Dawn so I proceeded to install the patch. Whenever I start ROM and check the Civilopedia for the section on A New Dawn Concepts it isn't there and there doesn't appear to be any new nukes or ability's. I would appreciate some help on this issue.....Thx in advance and all in all ROM looks cool anyway.

I found out my problem...sry for the post. I did not have the correct install path......It did not have it set to programs/2kgames

I knew i should have waited in the Main D/L area before writing, but here is what i got after i wrote that there:

File "BugEventManager", line 357, in _handleDefaultEvent
File "WorldFair", line 59, in onBeginGameTurn
RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception

File "BugEventManager", line 357, in _handleDefaultEvent
File "UnitNameEventManager", line 253, in onUnitBuilt
File "UnitNameEventManager", line 410, in getUnitNameConvFromIniFile
File "BugCore", line 147, in get
File "BugCore", line 118, in _getOption
ConfigError: Option UnitNaming__Combat_CONTROL not found in mod UnitNaming

Then in PythonDbg:
16:58:36 TRACE: Error in BeginGameTurn event handler &lt;bound method WorldFair.onBeginGameTurn of &lt;WorldFair.WorldFair instance at 0x02C37D50&gt;&gt;
16:58:36 TRACE: unidentifiable C++ exception

17:00:52 TRACE: Error in unitBuilt event handler &lt;bound method BuildUnitName.onUnitBuilt of &lt;UnitNameEventManager.BuildUnitName object at 0x5DB42090&gt;&gt;
17:00:52 TRACE: Option UnitNaming__Combat_CONTROL not found in mod UnitNaming

EDIT: I just looked at my MLF and found out that i have WF marked 0, i wondering if thats causing the error?

EDIT EDIT
: Installed new, new patch 1.55 and got an error about this:

[123729.968] Loading XML file modules\Custom_Units\Noble\Noble_CIV4UnitInfos.xml
[124032.937] Load XML file modules\Custom_Units\Noble\Noble_CIV4UnitInfos.xml FAILED

Line 180, 20
The element 'PrereqOrCivics' is used but not declared in DTD/Schema

Should the cottage/village/town improvement counter the "It's too crowded" complaint? It gives people places to live outside the city and seems to me like it'd remove the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom