1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cykur

Cykur Warlord

I think it is a design feature. Ice still causes damage -- try to imagine logistically supporting an army in Antarctica and it kind of makes sense.

2. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

Dark Force and Others

Thank you for your balancing feedback. I'm making some changes, and will try to get a new beta out in the next few days.

3. youmakemefart

youmakemefart Warlord

great - thank you for considering our suggestions and thank you for your hard work...

4. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

I thought civs starting with in the arctic would get a promotion that would protect them from arctic terrain damage. It seems I was wrong. :( They only get protection from some of the arctic terrain.

5. Cykur

Cykur Warlord

Ah, that would be kind of cool if starting near the icecap gave the arctic protection -- even though it is just tundra protection, not ice, it would still be a huge benefit. I have been given a north pole starting position a couple times, and it is fricken hard with terrain damage on. I actually took a civ to world domination a few weeks ago from a North Pole start... on EMPEROR!...one of the most involved games I've ever had.

6. Dark Force

Dark Force Chieftain

Can't wait to try them out! And thank you for taking our suggestions under consideration. Glad we could help in some way :)

7. baha

baha Chieftain

I have noticed a problem with AI. Even if they do not have a factory in their city, they have acess to power!

Attached Files:

8. Istanbul_Kop

Istanbul_Kop Chieftain

I have just had the best game of my life with Beta build 5.

I nearly reached the 22nd Century and completed the tech tree. I started with 12 civs, though many more did appear throughout. Game time was just over 38 hours.

I played on a standard map because even though my PC is only recently built, and a top performer, I find that Large maps are too slow if there are still a lot of major civs later in the game.

However, there are noticable speed improvements since I last played a complete RoM:AND game. Only a few times was I left hanging about (during the middle of the game when various superpowers were still present).

I had 4-5 crashes during my game, but these all did not replicate on reload.

I can't say I found too many bugs at all, these are some MINOR ones I found:

1. The texture/graphic for a storm is messed up, it hides the tiles behind.
    2. Fusion Destroyer has no sound.
    3. Plague Bringer tip is messed up.

As I say, very minor.

Thankyou for such a great game, I'd love to tell you all about my great game, but lets face it...you don't care. haha.:lol:

9. Vokarya

Vokarya Deity

Hello,

I found a "stopped working" bug in 1.76 beta 5 before starting a game. I load the mod, go into the Sevopedia, look up Advanced Computers, and the game crashes on mousing over the Assault Droid unit. It works fine in a game, but crashes outside of it.

EDIT: The game also crashes when mousing over the Assault Mech unit in Advanced Warmachines. I think it happens with every Robot or Assault Mech unit.

10. flitz

flitz Warlord

Two little things that I noticed while playing:

1. I wrote in an earlier post that the rev-advisor isn't saving changes you edit into it during the game. I found out that the patch 1.75->1.76beta_x is missing the file (and containing folder) .../CustomRevAdv/CustomRevAdv.txt
    I copied it over from another mod and now it works. But I think it should be included in later patches.

2. I don't know if I missed something but in a lot of instances, military units weren't showing their :strength: value. E.g. during build selection in a city. I can't make a screenshot right now, but will do that later to show what I mean.

11. Dark Force

Dark Force Chieftain

Do they have the 3 gorge dam wonder? If so that could be why..

12. Gomer_Pyle

Gomer_Pyle Prince

I am still in beta 4. So if this is already fixed just ignore it. How come there is so insanely much inflation? I have tried everything to have less inflation but it just keeps raising and raising and raising. Until i go for barter which removes it all. Which again seems strange. What is the point with the other economic civics then?

And lastly how do people get their inflation down? Any tips?

13. Cykur

Cykur Warlord

I've also noticed if I browse the civ-pedia from the game start screen it crashes the game pretty quickly. It isnt just for looking at droids, it happens to me when I try to look up other stuff too. It works fine in game for me too. I didn't complain about it because I thought it might be related to the additional leaderheads and civs I've added from the AND mega pak.

14. Navman

Navman Chieftain

Hi All:
    Can the above referenced modules be used with C2C as well?
    Dark Force: thx for putting them up for downloading,

15. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

The no building art may be usable but I think StrategyOnly has put this in by default. The static leaderheads will probably require work because C2C has two more eras.

16. LeperColony

LeperColony Chieftain

I appear to have a bug in my RoM ND game. I'm running the most recent version with patch. Some of my units will not promote, even though they are above the threshold. This does not occur every time, but when it does, they will continue to acquire xp, but there will be no blue cloud and no promotion options.

Auto promote has been turned off since the start of the game. As I said earlier, this does not happen to all units, but it has happened to several units thus far. I just tried opening up my RoM options with CTRL+ALT+O to turn on auto promote hoping that would fix it, and it crashed my game.

Attached Files:

17. LeperColony

LeperColony Chieftain

Here's the log file. I think it's the correct file, but if it isn't let me know and I'll look again.

Attached Files:

18. LeperColony

LeperColony Chieftain

Interestingly, when I loaded the game from the save, the very next turn it hard locked my whole system when the Ethiopians tried to talk to me.

19. Gomer_Pyle

Gomer_Pyle Prince

Revolutions makes weird things happens. A lot of popups with people gaining their freedom. But when u click welcome or they are not welcome nothing happens. :S

20. Stormwind

Stormwind King

I think this is fixed, it works for me with SVN build, so wait for next beta.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.