1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1stcontact2035

1stcontact2035 Great Scientist

I had a similar thought myself... why doesn't someone just crack the exe and make this game have 64 bit support... that would take care of all of the MAF issues in one foul swoop. But of course that would be really risky. You'd be facing the wrath of Firaxis and their legal teams for even touching the exe file, and then posting it all over the web. Still, that doesn't mean someone like me can't fool around with this for personal non-distributed use, does it?

2. Gomer_Pyle

Gomer_Pyle Prince

But the thing is. I was playing SP game on my own when it happened. It also happened in a previous mp game i had.

3. kiwitt

kiwitt Road to War Modder

I tried to play a Gigantic Hub map with 37 civs and advanced start and all I got was one flat land.

See attached saves.

EDIT also happened with Islands ... do gigantic scripts work ?

4. Stormwind

Stormwind King

Most maps with ROM_ in front should work, but nevertheless with that many AIs and gigantic map expect to run into memory problems by late Renaissance or Industrial.

5. NightKev

NightKev Chieftain

ROM_Balanced doesn't seem to like anything larger than "Huge" (ie: Giant and Gigantic), I played a game with it + Gigantic and it was just a single continent with 90% of the world as ocean...

6. 1stcontact2035

Why on earth someone doesn't post the unloaded modules folder in a separate download is beyond me. Or why it was never included in the AND mod.

7. kiwitt

kiwitt Road to War Modder

So I am missing modules ?!?!?!

I just downloaded what it was to go in BTS\Mods ...

8. Dark Force

Dark Force Chieftain

I believe 1stcontact2035 is refering to the different modules of RoM not that AND has any modules (other than the BlueMarble and formations that you are prompted about in the installer)

9. 1stcontact2035

Yep. The modules that we are supposed to use when we get memory allocation failures. Like static leaderheads, no building art, etc. Of those I lucked into someone posting a link to the no building art module but the static leaderhead module is nowhere to be found, unless it just happens to be the same one from this mod way back in 2007. I dunno. Maybe. I'm just saying that if this is the go-to hotfix than post the file for it, instead of copping out and saying "download this 450 mb file and get it from there". That's really rude. The no building art module was something like 19 KILOBYTES!!! I mean, a split second uploading this thing and you're done.

10. Dark Force

Dark Force Chieftain

Here they are, your welcome!

But for next time remember that sugar water will get you a lot further than vinegar ;)

11. youmakemefart

youmakemefart Warlord

So I finally a little time to play properly...

Basically this is the best civ ever. So much that works well. Game speed is better. Still a few points:

- As already stated in another thread: the cavalry changes rule, most of all the terrain differences - with maybe the exception of the "commando" promotion which is not necessarily realistic or a must from a gameplay perspective
    I think instead of commando an additional movement point for cavalry would be better

This is a big issue: ARMOURED UNITS

They MUST start with commando (especially if cavalry have it). I could write 5 pages about the historical evidence for this. The essential point is that there should be a qualitative difference between the limitations and possibilities of Infantry and Armour. At the moment, as soon as there is armour, there is virtually no point in infantry – which is so, so unrealistic. Infantry should remain strongest in suitable terrain.
    Armour, like cavalry, loves open, accessible terrain. Roads are also a huge plus. Tanks should be weaker attacking cities and stronger in certain terrains, such as plains, deserts, grasslands etc. But armour should get -50% on peaks and in forests and jungles and they should only be able to enter these terrains on roads.
    Anyone with a military background gets nausea seeing a main battle tank progressing through forest, and also getting a defensive bonus for it. Also: off-road jungle, forest and mountain warfare is completely impossible for Mech Inf., Mobile Artillery, (Heavy) Tanks, and Battle Tanks etc. and should remain the sole domain of Marines, regular infantry and Special Forces.

To summarise: All Amour MUST get:
    Commando Promotion
    +25% Grassland Plain Desert attack
    -25% City Attack
    Can only enter Forests, Jungles and mountains on roads
    -50% Forests, Jungles and mountains (because they are completely restricted to roads and sitting ducks)
    These suggestions would really, really improve and diversify modern age warfare, and make it realistic.

- Chariots still basically didn’t exist in the game I played. Maybe Marathon game speed was still too fast

- Although I select the “No Storms” option, I lose a ship every 10 turns…

Apart from this....

EPIC

12. keldath

keldath LivE LonG AnD PrOsPeR

hi,

got some feedback:

the ai pays wayyyy to much for techs, esources and what not.
    for a tech her gives tons of money , resources and stuff.

maybe there can be a limitation on how much gold per turn the ai willing to pay - maybe something like 5% of what is makes each turn, and a tech for a tech max depending on its values costs.

you can blackmail the ai to your victory this way...

second,
    i dont understand why the corporations are being founded by them selves - i tried to check and un check the option in the a new dawn bug tab - and it didnt matter.

13. NightKev

NightKev Chieftain

I recall the corporations self-founding option being in the regular pre-game creation options, not the bug menu.

14. Folket

Folket Deity

Hello!

When I capture Madrid with a longbowmen it crashes using 1.75C. I have not found a way to capture Madrid without it crashing.

Attached Files:

15. flitz

flitz Warlord

I think Civ plays on another level of abstraction. If a tile reads 'forest' that doesn't necessarily mean that it must be all covered in it.

This means that a movement restriction for roaded forests only would be a little too harsh, imo. Also, I think that you can even make a point for the defensive bonus of vehicles on a forest tile. Imagine them not sitting between trees but rather behind a forested area and having the element of surprise on their side when suddenly circling around the actual forest.

But I agree with you that Infantry should be benefiting more from forests as they can make more direct use of it. So maybe just lessen the defensive bonus of forests for vehicle based units to like 10% or something.

16. Dark Force

Dark Force Chieftain

This is what I suggested to him in the other thread he posted but I'll put it here for your feedback:

• Commando Promotion - remove from cav, or add to armor
      [*]Give anti-armor infantry +10-20% more against armor, -15-35% against Infantry
      [*]Armor city attack stays same
      [*]Armor attack penalty for forests, jungle, and hills -10-15%
      [*]Armor attack penalty for mountians -20-33%
      [*]Armor still can move through forest/jungle/hills
      [*]Armor can't cross mountian without some sort of road
      [*]Infantry recieve slight bonus (+10%) against armor in jungle/forest.
      [*]Marines/special forces recieve +1 movement in jungle/forest

17. Lordhasen

Lordhasen Chieftain

Hi I think I found a bug I can not loud maps( in costum Game) in the size Giant and Giantgantic.
    I use the version 1.75 with patch c .
    If i try i get a Runtime error happen after a copel of minutes.
    Is there any Solution to this problem or i must just live with that :sad:

18. flitz

flitz Warlord

I see, didn't read that, sorry

19. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Arctic terrain damage appears to do damage if you are in tundra or snow terrains but the promotion infos file only lets you protect against one. Is this a design feature?

20. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

You need to have a machine with 4GB of RAM for those maps to load.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.