A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am using the latest build and found the strange bug.
After I conquer enemy cities, I can not build my unique building in their city. In additional, if the enemy has a UU, then I can not build the normal units in that city. I am attaching the save. For example, i can not build bank in Berlin

After I conquer enemy cities, I can not build my unique building in their city. In additional, if the enemy has a UU, then I can not build the normal units in that city. I am attaching the save. For example, i can not build bank in Berlin

Already reported, not sure it's a bug. You can't build your UU or UB in your newly conquered city because you don't have enough culture in that city, hence the city isn't really yours. I'm still thinking about it, I'm not sure I really want to change this. It's like you were able to build F22 in Baghdad just because US troops conquered the city. I know it was different in previous revisions. I guess it reverts back to the old style if you use "Minimum city borders" option.

Edit: of course problem is that you can't build the original building or unit that your UU or UB are replacing and moreover if one of your cities get overwhelmed by foreign culture, you won't be able to build your UU or UB in your own city. In theory, that's a good reason to spare resources for culture, which is a good thing in my view, as culture has been underused for a long time in AND.

Are you using assimilation option? If you are then you can only build original city owners UUs and UBs. If assimilation is not checked then its like Joseph said:)

It has been conquered hundreds of turn ago, and I am not using assimilation options

It has been conquered hundreds of turn ago, and I am not using assimilation options

Then it's working as it's supposed to. Upload your save so that I can check if you want.

Another bug:
For wonders that build market in each city (forget the name of the wonder), the ROME has a UB of market (Forum?), and the wonder does not build Forum in my conquered ROME city if I choose the assimilated option.

Another bug:
For wonders that build market in each city (forget the name of the wonder), the ROME has a UB of market (Forum?), and the wonder does not build Forum in my conquered ROME city if I choose the assimilated option.

Which is why some modders and players stepped away from assimilation. It's too much Wonder tweaking to get All assimilated UB/UUs to show up when the Wonders are more general purpose.

Now if you want to mod (accept the Project) each Wonder to cover all UB/UU's please do so. It would be much appreciated.

JosEPh

Which is why some modders and players stepped away from assimilation. It's too much Wonder tweaking to get All assimilated UB/UUs to show up when the Wonders are more general purpose.

Now if you want to mod (accept the Project) each Wonder to cover all UB/UU's please do so. It would be much appreciated.

JosEPh

Thats actually odd "bug".. free buildings for wonders use building class in xml. San Marco should give free building class market and that counts both market and forum.

Actually I always play with Assimilation and never had any problem with it. I haven't tried lately after I've changed that Minimum City Border option (it definetely making a difference), but I'll have a look. Just keep in mind everyone that if you turn off Assimilation, you won't be able to build your UB/UU in a conquered city until you get the majority of culture in that city and you won't be able to build that defeated civ's UU/UB.

@asdvbn: can you please upload your save so that I can check Piazza San Marco Wonder (it's the one granting free markets). As rtt4a said, this kind of bug shouldn't happen.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13047789 said:
Actually I always play with Assimilation and never had any problem with it. I haven't tried lately after I've changed that Minimum City Border option (it definetely making a difference), but I'll have a look. Just keep in mind everyone that if you turn off Assimilation, you won't be able to build your UB/UU in a conquered city until you get the majority of culture in that city and you won't be able to build that defeated civ's UU/UB.

Does it mean that in this new version I can build both cultures' UB/UU? :mischief:

Does it mean that in this new version I can build both cultures' UB/UU? :mischief:

No, I haven't changed anything in the latest release in this sense. Without Assimilation you can't build other Civ's UU/UB in conquered cities,nor can you build your corresponding UU/UB. With Assimilation you can, so long as majority culture is from the other civ; if majority of culture is yours, you can build your UU/UB.

View attachment 369687
45°38'N-13°47'E;13044557 said:
Then it's working as it's supposed to. Upload your save so that I can check if you want.

I made a save for the bug. I am not using assimilation in this save. The problem is:

I cannot build a unit or a building in conquered city if the conquered civ has a UU or UB for corresponding unit or building that I want to build.

I captured all cities in turn 3, and now it is turn 44.

Examples:
I can not build granary in Cuzco
I can not build spearman in Mutal
I can not build lighthouse in Nidaros.

Thanks

45°38'N-13°47'E;13048369 said:
No, I haven't changed anything in the latest release in this sense. Without Assimilation you can't build other Civ's UU/UB in conquered cities,nor can you build your corresponding UU/UB.

So if you're Roman and you capture a Mayan city... You can still build a Market at least though right? Just not a Forum?

So if you're Roman and you capture a Mayan city... You can still build a Market at least though right? Just not a Forum?

No, if Assimilation is off you won't be able to build anything until you get the majority of culture. Then you'll be able to build your forum. I haven't tried but it should work like this.

45°38'N-13°47'E;13049902 said:
No, if Assimilation is off you won't be able to build anything until you get the majority of culture. Then you'll be able to build your forum. I haven't tried but it should work like this.

I thought that was what happened when you had Assimilation ON :confused:

I always play with Assimilation off since I don't really like being able to build other UU/UB's (An exception might be Mali's forge replacement :groucho: ) but with it off you can't build it in a captured city? Is that how it worked in BTS too? It's been so long I can't remember :lol:

It might be better to just go and raze every core city the AI has and replace them with your own - unless your UB/UU is one that obsoletes quickly (Like the Inca's units and buildings)

I made a save for the bug. I am not using assimilation in this save. The problem is:

I cannot build a unit or a building in conquered city if the conquered civ has a UU or UB for corresponding unit or building that I want to build.

I captured all cities in turn 3, and now it is turn 44.

Examples:
I can not build granary in Cuzco
I can not build spearman in Mutal
I can not build lighthouse in Nidaros.

Thanks

From what I've seen so far, that's how it's supposed to work I guess :confused:
Until your culture outweighs the original owner's. I think it should only be like that though if Assimilation is ON and not off though :king:

From what I've seen so far, that's how it's supposed to work I guess :confused:
Until your culture outweighs the original owner's. I think it should only be like that though if Assimilation is ON and not off though :king:

If that is the case, then it is taking too long. When I take the cities at turn 3, there are not too much culture for original owners. I played along to 2416BC, and the culture is all England, still can not build staff.

Also, the assimilation is off. If it is on, then I can build the original owners UU and UB immediately after conquer.

I attached the new save.

Attachments

• Elizabeth BC-2416.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.5 MB · Views: 47
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom