1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by 45°38'N-13°47'E, Dec 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

The city star is green, which means it's not stagnant.

2. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

Usually on a hard freeze, you can compile a debug DLL and find the issue pretty quickly.

3. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

As long as I don't try to double click the city to bring up city screen I can advance turns. I can bring my warriors to fortify and to leave again. And all my Civics are beginning Civics and I'm not in anarchy that I know of.

Added info of dubious quality, but. In five more turns the Fire Pit went from 7080370 to 7080369 turns to build.

JosEPh

4. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Chieftain

I've struck a similar bug in one of my games. But it was one city in 50+ and it only affected the one build. I just ignored that build, and built every thing else in normal times. No freezing from accessing the city, no other problems.

I think it was a stone mason or carpenter, an early build.

I assumed it was just a "memory glitch" that thought the city was in perpetual anarchy for that build.

Otherwise the city performed perfectly.

5. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Trouble is this is my Only city and I can't get access to the city screen to change the build. So I'm Stuck.

JosEPh

6. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Chieftain

Have you tried changing production from outside the city (click on city's name)?

7. Afforess

I can't debug it tonight, but I grabbed your save and will fire up a proper debug environment and get to the bottom of it tomorrow.

8. dbkblk

dbkblk Chieftain

I've already done that but there is no Exception error (except some free.c errors that i have some time while debugging which I don't understand.)

9. Afforess

You have to intentionally cause the infinite loop with a debug dll and debugger attached, and then in Visual Studio, break the execution. This will throw you somewhere random. Switch back to the main thread. The stack you see will probably not be the root cause, but be close.

Let execution resume, and break it again. Repeat the previous steps, until you narrow down where the function is that is triggering the infinite loop.

That's my general process for debugging C++ infinite loops. It's an art, not an exact science. It can take hours. I spent all day once fixing the "Waiting for turn" infinite loop a few years back.

10. dbkblk

dbkblk Chieftain

Thank you for the advice, i'll try that!

11. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

I got past it by clicking the Green star which brought up the city screen and build list.

Fire Pit is listed as needing 7080370 turns while Elder Council only needs 10. After using the Ctrl button I inserted EC at top of list and then deleted Fire Pit. Now game proceeds correctly and I can double click the city tile and bring up City screen again as I'm used to doing.

So it would seem that Fire Pit is the cause.

Thank you for attention to this.

JosEPh :)

12. dbkblk

dbkblk Chieftain

@Joseph: Is that black interface what you wanted ? If not, add the module "Interface" to the ML file in Modules (or just start the launcher once).

13. Noyyau

Noyyau Privateer Captain

rev904: Unit sounds have disappeared. Selecting, combat... no sounds from any unit. Everything else works fine (religions, buildings being built, etc).

Yes I checked the audio options tab, everything is enabled.

14. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

I started the launcher for that game to update my version to 902. I also updated again today. In the process my User Setting files were ALL changed (unwanted).

Also I believe the updater also reverts some of the Game Set Up Options every time you use it. I'm testing this now.

And finally thanks for the info on getting the default interface back, as I thought I had selected the Default.

JosEPh

15. dbkblk

dbkblk Chieftain

No the launcher WON'T ever touch UserSettings. If it does, there is something wrong, like on Noyyau installation. Please compare upd_proc.exe with this one http://civ.afforess.com/repo/checker/upd_proc.exe. If different, just replaces.

It seems there is something wrong for those who are used to use SVN then switch to the launcher. For some reason, this file isn't updated on some SVN installation (that's why i don't like svn :)).

The launcher has an option to exclude files from update. All excluded files are in excluded.*.xml (in checker/). You may want to do a complete reinstall with the full build to try the launcher experience ^^

16. dbkblk

dbkblk Chieftain

Please check the files in Assets\XML\Audio\.
    Try to replace with these ones: http://civ.afforess.com/repo/Assets/XML/Audio/
    Remember that the launcher now inject automatically Audio sounds from mods into the main files. You may have these files excluded or something like that.

17. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

I keep the AND SVN so I can add things back in Or replace those that were changed and have a readily available source for previous SVN versions. I didn't change anything on the initial update though or even the update today thru the Launcher. Although I'm tempted to put back the Config.ini Enhanced Tech Conquest.

JosEPh

18. Arakhor

I think you meant "Is the (or that) black interface what you wanted?" You failed your Write English roll there. :)

19. dbkblk

dbkblk Chieftain

When I write in French, i'm absolutely cautious of any mistake, but when I write in English, I have sometimes the feeling that it is automatic, "brainless". I make huge mistakes that I fix only after a review of what I've written. But sometimes, I don't review. I deserve a 0/20 here :x Thank you.

20. Arakhor

Well, you don't want Les Immortels coming after you for profaning the language of God, now do you? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.