A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where can you clear Civ/Rom cache? Have weird thing today - after playing yesterday lots of turns with lots of saves/loads i went to bed and turned off computer, today when i try to load any of those games i get CTD ...

Where can you clear Civ/Rom cache? Have weird thing today - after playing yesterday lots of turns with lots of saves/loads i went to bed and turned off computer, today when i try to load any of those games i get CTD ...

Its real easy to clear your cache, all you have to do is HOLD down the SHIFT button while the game is loading, your done.

Thanks m8

Anyhow, found another workaround :) after trying create giant pangea again and crashing, i successfully started small pangea, then all my games started loading again.

Model: HP G60 Notebook PC
Processor: AMD Turion-Dual Core RM-70 2.00 GHz
RAM: 3.00 GB
System Type: 32-bit

39 civs on a huge map?

No surprise there :). Also, Afforess can't load your save unless you give him what modmods you installed when you installed AND. Or tell him if you installed Recommended or Recommended(MP), or Lite.

39 civs on a huge map?

No surprise there :). Also, Afforess can't load your save unless you give him what modmods you installed when you installed AND. Or tell him if you installed Recommended or Recommended(MP), or Lite.

Yeah, running huge maps with a ton of civilizations is an easy way to crash your computer if you don't have a 64-bit system. With your specs, I would advise against any bigger than large.

Also, the A New Dawn.log now shows the install type as well. ;)

oh i used the recommended install on AND, plus AAranda's custom religions (though i mentioned that in my post), and thanks in advance. but the thing is i was playing saves twice as large on huge maps and with 39 civs before 1.60. oh and the full version of RoM

oh i used the recommended install on AND, plus AAranda's custom religions (though i mentioned that in my post), and thanks in advance. but the thing is i was playing saves twice as large on huge maps and with 39 civs before 1.60. oh and the full version of RoM

I've been adding lots of features to AND since 1.55. Tons more. These features either have to slow the CPU down and do more work, or use more RAM and keep the game speed relatively the same. Whenever I was presented with a such a decision, I sacrificed RAM for reasonable game speed. As a result, AND saves are about 2x as big as a normal save would be, and use much more RAM.

You can try a huge map again, but there isn't much I can do for MAF errors, it's a computer-specific problem, not a mod-specific problem.

I've been adding lots of features to AND since 1.55. Tons more. These features either have to slow the CPU down and do more work, or use more RAM and keep the game speed relatively the same. Whenever I was presented with a such a decision, I sacrificed RAM for reasonable game speed. As a result, AND saves are about 2x as big as a normal save would be, and use much more RAM.

You can try a huge map again, but there isn't much I can do for MAF errors, it's a computer-specific problem, not a mod-specific problem.

oh...well thanks for trying...i wish i had a gaming computer. a nice alien-ware, but they cost a lot. but anyway thanks for the help.

Here is an odd bug. I was just going from city to city telling them what to build and this happend.
Here is my log.
Spoiler :
{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Ice Breaker} Meteorology {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {War Prizes} Zoology Firestorm Arctic {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Education NIMBY {Civic Buildings & More Wonders} {Surround and Destroy} {No Storms} ANM Fortifications {Mega Civ Patch} {Better RoM} Withdraw Farming {Modern Corporations} {Better RoM Artwork} {Better RoM Resources}

oh...well thanks for trying...i wish i had a gaming computer. a nice alien-ware, but they cost a lot. but anyway thanks for the help.

You don't need alien-ware, I'm using a BASIC MacBook with 4 gigs RAM and it goes fine, using 1.55 though

I use an ASUS N50vN, which is Duo Core 2.23Ghz, 4gb RAM, Geforece 9550M GT and Windows 7 Pro x64, and the game runs fine for me.
(64bit helps)

@Civ King,

Why 1.55? That's so old...

I use an ASUS N50vN, which is Duo Core 2.23Ghz, 4gb RAM, Geforece 9550M GT and Windows 7 Pro x64, and the game runs fine for me.
(64bit helps)

@Civ King,

Epic PITA to install on Mac, because my path is "Macintosh HD/Applications/Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword/Contents/Resources/Transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Firaxis Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 4/Beyond the Sword/Mods"
AND totally loves the install path, extra delicious part, Macs can't run EXEs

so I'll stick with 1.55 for a while

kk, Fair enough, considering RoM 2.9 & AND 1.65 are slated for a release sometime in a week or two.

(64bit helps)

@Civ King,

I only have 1.5 gb of ram and 32bit and it works just fine;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom