A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a possible bug to report. Unless I'm interpreting the situation incorrectly, it appears that the Navigation 2 promotion (for naval vessels) - which is supposed to provide double movement in coasts and oceans - actually has no effect.

Navigation 2 doubles moves for coast and ocean. No movement bonus. Navigation 3 has a movement bonus and double moves for storms.

I just configured m desktop to do the 3GB switch and it gave me an error the first time now it is refusing to load (AND)

I just configured m desktop to do the 3GB switch and it gave me an error the first time now it is refusing to load (AND)

If your asking for help, you got to put what you changed here first?

I just replicated the Error

Initialize Renderer failed. Check Direct X Installation, Latest Graphics Drivers and Graphic Settings
Parameters [next set indented]

-width =1280
-height =768
-flags =0xc
-hwnd = 0x20108
-adaptrid = 0
-deviceid = 1
Error:

Add /userva=2900 additionally to the /3GB switch. If graphics driver still don't load lower 2900 in 100th intervals down (2800, 2700 etc) until graphics driver loads.

Okay, I'll download those this evening, when I have a good connection, and test it. ;)

Any luck? My current hope is that 1.70 will randomly fix it somehow, but still, it'd be good to know why it was happening and that it probably won't happen again to anyone.

Add /userva=2900 additionally to the /3GB switch. If graphics driver still don't load lower 2900 in 100th intervals down (2800, 2700 etc) until graphics driver loads.

Where do I stick that right before or after /3GB?

I did

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional 3GB" /3GB /fastdetect

Navigation 2 doubles moves for coast and ocean. No movement bonus. Navigation 3 has a movement bonus and double moves for storms.

What does that mean - double moves, but no movement bonus.

The easiest way to debug Civ4 python is by using BUG. Import BugUtil, if it isn't already, then call BugUtil.debug('string') and any text you put as an argument will be thrown in the log. (But make sure you turn on file level logging in the BUG panel). It's easy, because I don't have to remove the code for production, just turn off debugging.

Thank you, I had already debuged it with BugUtil last night. I found that the whole Civ4lerts event handler never has been called. I will go on my working this afternoon when I back home. ( it's 13:00pm here )

That means you can move the early ships on the ocean for 1 tile by 1 cost movement point, not by cost 2 points. It's same as a scout which could not move 2 forest tiles without forest promotion.

Okay, so it does have no effect on coastal tiles, because coastal tiles do not carry this move penalty?

Hi Afforess,

I was wondering if you are going to fix the Global Warming mod? I realise it is probably quite low on your list of priorities (not many of us actually want any global warming in our games at all) but as it stands now, global warming is not a factor in at all, in effect it is turned off.

I'd really like to see the mod fixed and implemented well in AND but if this is not possible at least return it to its original state ie. remove it and allow GW via vanilla means. I haven't played since as I feel like i'm somehow cheating without it.

Where does it talk about XP? I want to increase XP from Barb maximum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom