A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stupid question to justify my signature!:

Is there any way to make the game go faster in Snail mode or above? It's only 800s AD in my Snail game and it's taking a full minute or longer between turns.

Play smaller maps? :rolleyes:

Better Yet, play RoM 2.9 on a gigantic map without AND, then come back to me.

*Sigh*

Huge map size, Rev and Barbworld are on, I think
I would go to your Revoultion ini file and set the max Civs to 16. A lot of civs slow the game down a lot.

My Computer melted down so we bought a new comp with a 2.5 ghz Qurd-core cpu, 8gigs of RAM and Windows 7 64bit.:cool:

Afforess, when will a version for 2.9 be released?

Afforess, when will a version for 2.9 be released?

Beta version on Monday, at the latest. I already have a working version that I've tested on 2.9beta. I need to get ahold of the official release before I can release a 1.70 beta.

Os79 has been playing an alpha copy, you can bug him about it. ;)

Nevar! I love you too much

Thanks, lol.

My point was that if you played without AND, on the same map, your turns would be 5 minutes each instead of 1. ;)

(That's to say I haven't been working on some more speed improvements though)

Always glad to hear it! I'm eager to try out Earth 28 with 2.9/1.7 :D

Thanks, lol.

My point was that if you played without AND, on the same map, your turns would be 5 minutes each instead of 1. ;)

(That's to say I haven't been working on some more speed improvements though)
How did we ever survive before AND and the Internet?;)

:snicker: Did not realize my alpha testing was worth a mention :D.

Anyway, yeah, one minute on Huge map in Renaissance or higher eras tend to stay in about 1 minute at worst. Trust me, it is a highly valued speed by me! I already experienced 2-3 min wait time :shudder:.

Anyway, I am downloading official 2.9 as we are speaking. And will install latest revision of AND 1.70beta and continue alpha testing until Monday... Spring break starts today here, yay!

Beta version on Monday, at the latest. I already have a working version that I've tested on 2.9beta. I need to get ahold of the official release before I can release a 1.70 beta.

Os79 has been playing an alpha copy, you can bug him about it. ;)

*drools* I cannot wait! :goodjob:

Maybe when the 1.70 beta comes out I will start on another AND mod.

I did exactly as you said and ran woc_installer.jar on its on, and it ran, and still im getting an error. This time it's not saying anything about the woc_installer.jar, but still an error and still the pink squares

I did exactly as you said and ran woc_installer.jar on its on, and it ran, and still im getting an error. This time it's not saying anything about the woc_installer.jar, but still an error and still the pink squares
Can you post a screenshot of the contents of the Rise of Mankind/Modules folder and the Rise of Mankind/Modules/Afforess folder?

To Afforess:

I need some help on installing AND 1.70beta. I checked out all the files in the folder 1.70dev from SVN, and copied all the files under directory "A New Dawn Assets" to the game mod folder. After doing this, I started a custom game, but all the game options and features added by AND were gone. Did I miss something else? And how can I create the own installer by the install script?

Edited:
I played a new game on RoM2.9 with AND 1.70 for a while, very strangely, the BUG alerts works normally now.

It looks like that you did not add the other modmods to AND 1.70. I suspect that alerts bug might be caused by some mod you have not added.

To Afforess:

I need some help on installing AND 1.70beta. I checked out all the files in the folder 1.70dev from SVN, and copied all the files under directory "A New Dawn Assets" to the game mod folder. After doing this, I started a custom game, but all the game options and features added by AND were gone. Did I miss something else? And how can I create the own installer by the install script?

Ahh... That is a complex process and all wrong :). Don't worry, I was there too.

1. Basically, download 2.9 (that I assume you already did)
  2. Then download InstallJammer (google it)
  3. Then go into that program and go File->Open. Change the list on the lower right to All Files. Then go to the folder of your SVN/Branches/A New Dawn 1.70dev (forgot how to spell this folder's name) and click on the install script there. Click OK.
  4. Now Build->Build
  5. Wait several minutes.
  6. After the .exe file is compiled, go to the link indicated there in the window, and execute it. It will install AND to your RoM 2.9.
  7. Enjoy alpha testing :D

Thanks to you, os79. I will do what you told me at once.

To Afforess:

I also got some RoM2.9 bugs without install AND. I already posted them on the RoM bug report thread, but I think I had better to let you know them.

1.The city dot map could not work well. After pressed down Ctrl+X and Alt+X, the dot map overlay could not move with the mouse.
2.New resources panel has a wrong layout. The background box and icons are not in the correct position.

I reinstalled the AND 1.70 with the installer, now its all modmods can work.
Your AND 1.70 resolved the city dot map issue. ( or replaced it with an old version that has not this problem. )
But after reinstalled AND, the alerts has a failure, and BUG will popup that error OnEventHandler message. ( before that, I'm just using the CvGameCore.dll of AND 1.70, and there was no problem. ) Then, I replaced the .py and .xml files of BUG by the BUG 4.3 files from RoM2.9, the OnEventHandler error message not showed up, but also there was not any alerts. It ascertains that the bug was not caused by SDK or BUG itself. Maybe somewhere else cause it, but I have no idea at all.

I'm learning how to debug python in CIV4, for now, I can only debug it by calling sys.stdout.write() in the code.

And for another bug in AND 1.70, when the game is starting, it reports a crash that could not load the file "MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml". It's casued by the doubled xml sections of "<Directory>Custom Buildings</Directory>" and "<Directory>Custom Units</Directory>". Just simply delete their copies will resolve this problem.

I reinstalled the AND 1.70 with the installer, now its all modmods can work.
Your AND 1.70 resolved the city dot map issue. ( or replaced it with an old version that has not this problem. )
But after reinstalled AND, the alerts has a failure, and BUG will popup that error OnEventHandler message. ( before that, I'm just using the CvGameCore.dll of AND 1.70, and there was no problem. ) Then, I replaced the .py and .xml files of BUG by the BUG 4.3 files from RoM2.9, the OnEventHandler error message not showed up, but also there was not any alerts. It ascertains that the bug was not caused by SDK or BUG itself. Maybe somewhere else cause it, but I have no idea at all.

I'm learning how to debug python in CIV4, for now, I can only debug it by calling sys.stdout.write() in the code.

And for another bug in AND 1.70, when the game is starting, it reports a crash that could not load the file "MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml". It's casued by the doubled xml sections of "<Directory>Custom Buildings</Directory>" and "<Directory>Custom Units</Directory>". Just simply delete their copies will resolve this problem.

The easiest way to debug Civ4 python is by using BUG. Import BugUtil, if it isn't already, then call BugUtil.debug('string') and any text you put as an argument will be thrown in the log. (But make sure you turn on file level logging in the BUG panel). It's easy, because I don't have to remove the code for production, just turn off debugging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom