A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
This question was answered in many threads here. Clear your cache and check game settings.

Beta 2.0, Cleared my cashe, checked my game settings, started a game at classical era, no religions get founded. Not old religions not newly rechearced religions.

Hello, I'm having trouble with religions. Both me and the AI have researched several techs that should have founded several religions, however, not one religion has begun. I have religion decay and holy city relocation if that matters. Any ideas?

Do you have Divine Prophets On? If so, you use the Prophet to Found the religion. Either in the city it appears or one of Your choice.

Do you have Limited Religions On?

If you want more than 1 religion have you went into the BUG Options screen and Checked the box for Multiple Religions?

Divine Prophets and Limited religions, If both checked, have had reported problems.

More detailed info needed please.

JosEPh :)

Yes, divine prophets are on. However, earlier in the game a great prophet was born, and I saw no option for him to start a religion. I have checked for multiple religion. Also, limited religion is off. Thanks for your responses!

rev570, Afforess_GameTexts.xml

Some tags associated with the following TXT_KEY xml elements are incorrect.
TXT_KEY_BUILDING_CITY_GROWTH_SPEED
TXT_KEY_BUILDING_CITY_SLOW_GROWTH_SPEED
TXT_KEY_BUILDING_CITY_FAST_GROWTH_SPEED
TXT_KEY_CIVIC_DISTANT_UNIT_SUPPLY_COST_MOD
TXT_KEY_CIVIC_DISTANT_UNIT_SUPPLY_COST_MOD_DECREASE
TXT_KEY_CIVIC_CITY_DEFENSE_MOD

For example, the correct xml tag for TXT_KEY_BUILDING_CITY_GROWTH_SPEED should be <TEXT> and </TEXT>, but <Text> and </Text> were used.
Code:
	<[COLOR="Red"]Text[/COLOR]>
		<Tag>TXT_KEY_BUILDING_CITY_GROWTH_SPEED</Tag>
		<English>[ICON_BULLET]%d1%% [ICON_FOOD] Required for City Growth</English>
		<French>[ICON_BULLET]%d1%% [ICON_FOOD] Requis pour la Croissance de la Ville</French>
		<German>[ICON_BULLET]%d1%% [ICON_FOOD] Benötigt für Stadtwachstum</German>
		<Italian>[ICON_BULLET]%d1%% [ICON_FOOD] Required for City Growth</Italian>
		<Spanish>[ICON_BULLET]%d1%% [ICON_FOOD] Required for City Growth</Spanish>
    </[COLOR="Red"]Text[/COLOR]>

Usually, the TXT_KEY with wrong tag just affects itself. It behaves like a missing TXT_KEY.
But under some circumstances, the wrong TXT_KEY will cause a very serious problem. All TXT_KEY that should be loaded after it will be loaded as empty strings.

Do you have Divine Prophets On? If so, you use the Prophet to Found the religion. Either in the city it appears or one of Your choice.

Do you have Limited Religions On?

If you want more than 1 religion have you went into the BUG Options screen and Checked the box for Multiple Religions?

Divine Prophets and Limited religions, If both checked, have had reported problems.

More detailed info needed please.

JosEPh :)

I tried it with different settings, tried reinstalling the mod, starting in different ages.

Not sure if its related, but if events are turned on, i get the same event first turn, a free archer in my city.

Had no problems with this in patch 1.75

Yes, divine prophets are on. However, earlier in the game a great prophet was born, and I saw no option for him to start a religion. I have checked for multiple religion. Also, limited religion is off. Thanks for your responses!

When you click on the Prophet the build bar that appears at bottom of the screen will have the options of Joining City as a prophet or researching a new tech or Founding or Adding religions.

If you check the Religion Icon at the top right it will reveal which religions are available to Found or have already been Founded.

JosEPh:)

Ohh... hold up... I said I have Divine Prophets because it said "TXT_KEY_GAMEOPTION_DIVINE_PROPHETS." However, upon me bothering to investigate the XML file, I saw that Divine Prophet was not in the "Visible" category (bear with me). So sorry, I was mistaken, Divine Prophet was "not" checked. You wouldn't be able to, for instance, change game option mid-game? :confused:

You should be able to change the options mid game.

BEFORE you load the game, alter the CivilizationIV.ini file.

Start a game (I know, read on), Custom game and go to the options.

Count down the options till you reach the option you wish to change, For example its number 47.

CLOSE game, Edit the CivilizationIV.ini file, with your favorite text editor, Count through the options till you reach No 47 (hint, quicker to count from end to 47, not from start)

Relaunch game, check with F8, make sure your option is now Enabled/Disabled as the case maybe.

If so, your Golden, if not, sorry have to start a new game or just finish it the way it is.

For Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn 2.0 Beta rev. 570
The following xml elements is missing, maybe you know, but i post this to make sure.

TXT_KEY_LIST_BUILDING_GROUPING
TXT_KEY_LIST_BUILDING_SORTING
TXT_KEY_LIST_BUILDING_FILTER_SHOW_BUILDABLE
TXT_KEY_LIST_BUILDING_FILTER_SHOW_SCIENCE
TXT_KEY_LIST_BUILDING_FILTER_SHOW_ESPIONAGE
TXT_KEY_LIST_BUILDING_FILTER_SHOW_CULTURE
TXT_KEY_LIST_BUILDING_FILTER_SHOW_GOLD
TXT_KEY_LIST_BUILDING_FILTER_SHOW_FOOD
TXT_KEY_LIST_BUILDING_FILTER_SHOW_PRODUCTION
TXT_KEY_LIST_BUILDING_FILTER_SHOW_HAPPINESS
TXT_KEY_LIST_BUILDING_FILTER_SHOW_HEALTH
TXT_KEY_LIST_BUILDING_FILTER_SHOW_MILITARY
TXT_KEY_LIST_BUILDING_FILTER_SHOW_CITY_DEFENSE
TXT_KEY_LIST_BUILDING_FILTER_HIDE_UNHAPPINESS
TXT_KEY_LIST_BUILDING_FILTER_HIDE_UNHEALTHINESS
TXT_KEY_LIST_BUILDING_FILTER_HIDE_GREAT_WONDER
TXT_KEY_LIST_BUILDING_FILTER_HIDE_NATIONAL_WONDER
TXT_KEY_LIST_BUILDING_FILTER_HIDE_NORMAL
TXT_KEY_LIST_UNIT_GROUPING
TXT_KEY_LIST_UNIT_SORTING
TXT_KEY_LIST_UNIT_FILTER_SHOW_BUILDABLE
TXT_KEY_LIST_UNIT_FILTER_HIDE_LIMITED
TXT_KEY_LIST_UNIT_FILTER_SHOW_LAND
TXT_KEY_LIST_UNIT_FILTER_SHOW_AIR
TXT_KEY_LIST_UNIT_FILTER_SHOW_WATER
TXT_KEY_LIST_UNIT_FILTER_SHOW_WORKERS
TXT_KEY_LIST_UNIT_FILTER_SHOW_CIVILIAN
TXT_KEY_LIST_UNIT_FILTER_SHOW_SIEGE
TXT_KEY_LIST_UNIT_FILTER_SHOW_MOUNTED
TXT_KEY_LIST_UNIT_FILTER_SHOW_HEROES
TXT_KEY_LIST_UNIT_FILTER_SHOW_MILITARY
TXT_KEY_LIST_UNIT_FILTER_SHOW_DEFENSE
TXT_KEY_LIST_UNIT_FILTER_SHOW_MISSIONARY

TXT_KEY_POPUP_MODIFIER_RECALCULATION
TXT_KEY_POPUP_MODIFIER_RECALCULATION_BODY

Also, Grouping and Sorting UIs in the city screen does not work.
Great mod, Thanks. :)

Attachments

• Civ4.jpg
    Civ4.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 73
It actually sorts the units by hammer cost.

Try partially building 1 item, remove it form list and you'll find its moved in the sorting arrangement, items below it have a lessor hammer cost, those above it have a higher hammer cost TO FINISH ITEMS BUILD.

Nothing to do with the base cost, or Alphabetical naming, sorted only on the hammer cost to FINISH build of unit. Be that from :hammers: 1 or :hammers: final (1 remaining)

I couldn't seem to get it to work, so I'm just going to reinstall to see how that runs.

After reinstalling and tweaking some text, I seem to have fixed the problem. :high5: Sorry for bothering ya, thanks for your help!

No bother, and you are most Welcome. Enjoy the Mod and Have Fun. :)

JosEPh ;)

For Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn 2.0 Beta rev. 570
The following xml elements is missing, maybe you know, but i post this to make sure.

Also, Grouping and Sorting UIs in the city screen does not work.
Great mod, Thanks. :)

These are the text keys associated with the UI for the sorting and grouping of units and buildings in the city screen when making build choices. My best guess would be that afforess merged this functionality in from C2C but didn't get the necessary XML text file with it...

Anyone know what features that is 100% sure causing OOS in multiplayer with the last beta? We seem to get a OOS when one of us is getting monarchy and changing to it. We do not have revolutions turned on. Anything else that will cause or can cause OOS?

Thanks,

Isn't Monarchy the 1st Gov't Civic without the City Limits attached to it?

JosEPh

I checked "Choose Religion" when I started game, and I automatically founded christianity after researching ceremonial burial.

I wasn't given the chance to select religion, and even got the wrong religion!

Maybe it's because religions aren't all the same as it did in original BTS, but why do I get a wrong religion?

I do not have any other addons, and the version is 1.75C. Did ceremonial burial tech originally come with christianity?

I thought it was some ancient egyptian religion...

I am getting a little confused, sorry for my short knowledge.:confused:

Ii have 999% inflation, game gets unplayable.

See that there in Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn\Assets\XML\A_New_Dawn_GlobalDefines.xml is HURRY_INFLATION_DECAY_RATE = 2, but don't know what it means and if I change it it gets no difference in game. (or does this work only for a new game? want to continue my current game, turn 768, marathon.

How I can balance the hurry inflation rate?

Ii have 999% inflation, game gets unplayable.

See that there in Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn\Assets\XML\A_New_Dawn_GlobalDefines.xml is HURRY_INFLATION_DECAY_RATE = 2, but don't know what it means and if I change it it gets no difference in game. (or does this work only for a new game? want to continue my current game, turn 768, marathon.

How I can balance the hurry inflation rate?

I think hurry inflation is when you speed up production of an item by spending gold on it. do you do this alot? Also, i think it is linked to a specific civic.

there is an xml file where the game speeds are defined, this is where you can change the global inflation rate for marathon speed. perhap setting the "offset" variable to a large number will change your currect save game.

I checked "Choose Religion" when I started game, and I automatically founded christianity after researching ceremonial burial.

I wasn't given the chance to select religion, and even got the wrong religion!

Maybe it's because religions aren't all the same as it did in original BTS, but why do I get a wrong religion?

I do not have any other addons, and the version is 1.75C. Did ceremonial burial tech originally come with christianity?

I thought it was some ancient egyptian religion...

I am getting a little confused, sorry for my short knowledge.:confused:

I have the same issue.
Unchecked "Choose religions" = Standard religions for advances
Checked "Choose religions" = random religions for advances (or other layout)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom