A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
it appears that flexible difficulty isn't working right now as i've met all nations (checked world builder to make sure and had it on 50 turn changes and was on top for 100+ turns with no change also tried 40 and no change on 5 i got it to change once strangely 2 turns after putting it on 5 on turn 667 and then it didn't change again tried 1 and got an immediate change however no more changes in difficulty afterwords. haven't not changed any other flexible difficulty settings although i did turn it off at the beginning of the game only to turn it on later

It scales for gamespeed. It's 50 turns, normal speed, but 100 turns for epic, 200 for snail, 400 for Eternity.

Here you go. It is where it should be, I'm not a noob at installing mods. ;)

:dubious:

I can see from the WaI_files.txt itself what the problem is. You're missing many, many files. :rolleyes: I'm attaching a WaI_files.txt as generated on my computer.

The only way I can think of that this could happen is if you installed just the RoM 2.9 -> RoM 2.91 patch (2.5mb) instead of the full RoM 2.91 archive. To fix:

• if you have RoM 2.9 already (the full 445MB archive) you can install that and then install the 2.9->2.91 patch, and then install AND.
  • you can download the entire 2.91 (447MB) archive here. For fewer headaches, I'd recommend this.

Attachments

• WaI_files.zip
    59.9 KB · Views: 73
It scales for gamespeed. It's 50 turns, normal speed, but 100 turns for epic, 200 for snail, 400 for Eternity.

ya i remember that you explained where for me to go so i could manually change that before but this is in the BUG MOD ROMSettings area where you can change the turn increments for it that you so kindly put in

ya i remember that you explained where for me to go so i could manually change that before but this is in the BUG MOD ROMSettings area where you can change the turn increments for it that you so kindly put in

Yeah, that's the number it scales. You're giving it a number for normal speed. I guess I should make that clearer on the hover-text.

I am having a couple of issues that others have had as well. These were mentioned before in the main download thread.
I am not able to see landmarks. I get the happiness benefits from them apparently, but cannot see them at all.
The other issue I am having is that my experience is not increasing. I have a warrior who has won the past 4 battles when he was at 20.00 experience and yet he is still at 20.00 experience.
I would really like to be able to see the landmarks, I think that's an awesome concept, so any help would be great thanks!
I have AND 1.73 Patch A
Here are a couple of save games before and after the unit is in battle.

Spoiler :
Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {War Prizes} Arctic {Larger Cities} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Sports {Civic Buildings} {Early Buildings} ANM {Historical Wonders} Formations {Better RoM} Guilds {Modern Corporations} {Blue Marble Terrain} {Improved Artwork} {Civic Diplomacy} {Trading Posts}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind

Windows Version:
Windows

Attachments

• Ramkhamhaeng BC-2735.CivBeyondSwordSave
    557.6 KB · Views: 55
  • Ramkhamhaeng BC-2730.CivBeyondSwordSave
    560.3 KB · Views: 44
Don't know if this is AND related but some of the BUG option have stopped sticking with the new AND 1.73A. I.E. I have to reset them every time I start a game. very annoying.
  • Advance Combat odds - old and reported to RevDCM team
  • Unit naming
  • RevDCM screen - fighter options
  • RevDCM screen - supper spy optional missions
  • Alerts screen - domination victory alerts

Do I report them to the RevDCM team? I though the fighter ones may be a result of your interception improvements but who knows;).

:dubious:

I can see from the WaI_files.txt itself what the problem is. You're missing many, many files. :rolleyes: I'm attaching a WaI_files.txt as generated on my computer.

The only way I can think of that this could happen is if you installed just the RoM 2.9 -> RoM 2.91 patch (2.5mb) instead of the full RoM 2.91 archive. To fix:

• if you have RoM 2.9 already (the full 445MB archive) you can install that and then install the 2.9->2.91 patch, and then install AND.
  • you can download the entire 2.91 (447MB) archive here. For fewer headaches, I'd recommend this.

Okay... IDK how that happened, but I'll see what I can do.

Don't know if this is AND related but some of the BUG option have stopped sticking with the new AND 1.73A. I.E. I have to reset them every time I start a game. very annoying.
  • Advance Combat odds - old and reported to RevDCM team
  • Unit naming
  • RevDCM screen - fighter options
  • RevDCM screen - supper spy optional missions
  • Alerts screen - domination victory alerts

Do I report them to the RevDCM team? I though the fighter ones may be a result of your interception improvements but who knows;).

Yeah, that looks like the same problems suffered when the Usersettings directory doesn't have write privileges on Vista or Win7. Or at least similar. Haven't seen it myself yet, but I'll test next time I can sit down to civ.

I am having a couple of issues that others have had as well. These were mentioned before in the main download thread.
I am not able to see landmarks. I get the happiness benefits from them apparently, but cannot see them at all.
The other issue I am having is that my experience is not increasing. I have a warrior who has won the past 4 battles when he was at 20.00 experience and yet he is still at 20.00 experience.
I would really like to be able to see the landmarks, I think that's an awesome concept, so any help would be great thanks!
I have AND 1.73 Patch A
Here are a couple of save games before and after the unit is in battle.

Neither are bugs. The 20XP limit is for barbarians. You can not get over 20XP from fighting barbarians, you need to fight other players to get more XP than that.

The lack of Signs is from disabling "Event Signs" in the BUG options panel. Turn it on, and they should re-appear.

Neither are bugs. The 20XP limit is for barbarians. You can not get over 20XP from fighting barbarians, you need to fight other players to get more XP than that.

The lack of Signs is from disabling "Event Signs" in the BUG options panel. Turn it on, and they should re-appear.

But isn't the limit for barbs 40xp? Or is that in longer games?

Anyway, I wasn't going to mention this until I investigated it a bit more, but I've been getting some wonky behaviour when it comes to XP. When I don't have dynamic XP turned on, I don't get any XP fighting against minor civs (a unit without any xp at all). When I do have dynamic XP turned on, it gives me .25 xp (which is OK -- fighting archers with my crusader is overkill anyway), but then Barbs give me no XP (although this may be the 20xp limit kicking in only when dynamic xp is turned on).

Like I said, I have to investigate further. I still haven't fought against another full-blown civ, so I'd like to know how good or bad my chances are against it.

BTW, am I right in thinking that you removed nobles and tactics (particularly the extra move) on purpose?

Yeah, that looks like the same problems suffered when the Usersettings directory doesn't have write privileges on Vista or Win7. Or at least similar. Haven't seen it myself yet, but I'll test next time I can sit down to civ.

Except I am still on XP and other settings are sticking :) And to make matters worse this time some of them did stick:crazyeye:

the fighter and spy options not sticking is new with AND 1.73A.

But isn't the limit for barbs 40xp? Or is that in longer games?

Anyway, I wasn't going to mention this until I investigated it a bit more, but I've been getting some wonky behaviour when it comes to XP. When I don't have dynamic XP turned on, I don't get any XP fighting against minor civs (a unit without any xp at all). When I do have dynamic XP turned on, it gives me .25 xp (which is OK -- fighting archers with my crusader is overkill anyway), but then Barbs give me no XP (although this may be the 20xp limit kicking in only when dynamic xp is turned on).

Like I said, I have to investigate further. I still haven't fought against another full-blown civ, so I'd like to know how good or bad my chances are against it.

Investigating further, I think I caught another bug with XP. I'm testing a fix now, and it should be in Patch B, soon. ;)

I haven't been battling barbarians, they have been minor civs. Do minor civs count as barbarians as far as XP is calculated now?

And I have the "Event Signs" option selected. I have tried looking for the landmarks with it both checked and unchecked because I couldn't get it to work. In another thread you said even when turned off, if you hover over the square you will see in the hover info that there is a landmark, but that does not appear either. I tried to post a screenshot but can't figure out how. :confused:

If you look at the save though, you'll notice that I have the domesticated prarie dogs dogs event sign just north of the city, so I know I have the event signs turned on.

Thanks, Chris.

Just installed and tested patch B. Sorry to tell you this Aff, but I am not getting any XP in combat with minor civs when dynamic XP is turned off.

Grr. Stupid bugs. Firaxis has to go use MAX_INT as a marker... Any CS people know what happens when you multiply MAX_INT by 100? Yeah. Awesome.

Anyway, I'll get a patch C out in an hour or so.

I am getting the following "errors" in the pythonerr.log file with 1.73A. No other errors or mods.
Code:
ERR: Call function getModPath failed. Can't find module Smart_Map.py
ERR: Call function getModPath failed. Can't find module Lows_Random_Maps_3_0.py
ERR: Call function getModPath failed. Can't find module Planet_Generator_0_68.py
ERR: Call function getModPath failed. Can't find module Ring_World.py

A New Dawn log:-
Code:
Installed Components:
{Required Files} {Military Civics} {Beautification Project} {Castle Improvements} {Ice Breaker} {Ideology Civics} Meteorology {Realistic Diplomacy} {Seafaring } {War Prizes} Arctic {Larger Cities} Forestation {Sea Tunnels} Terraforming {Lead From Behind} {Event Images} Sports {Civic Buildings} {Early Buildings} ANM {Historical Wonders} {Better RoM} {Improved Artwork} {Civic Diplomacy} {Trading Posts}

Install Type:
Custom

Version:

Install Directory:
C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind

Windows Version:
WinXP

Also when I add in any other python, doesn't seem to matter which I get the following even though none of the python has anything to do with civilisations.

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvCultureLinkInterface", line 66, in assignCulturallyLinkedStarts

File "CvCultureLinkInterface", line 19, in InitCoordinatesDictionary

File "CvCultureLinkInterface", line 215, in __init__

File "CvCultureLinkInterface", line 245, in GetInfoType

ValueError: InfoType CIVILIZATION_ABORIGINES unknown! Probably just a Typing Error.
ERR: Python function assignCulturallyLinkedStarts failed, module CvCultureLinkInterface

And yes I am using the culturally linked start option.

Just an irritation since it makes it difficult to see my python errors. Not that I have any atm :)

The getModPath failures are some BUG oddity. It doesn't seem to hurt anything, I've just ignored them. The bottom error is bad though; I'll fix it for Patch C.

okay maybe im just ******ed but where do I find the patches for 1.73?

Well then all you have...nope, I got nothing. :huh:

But to help, start a new game with personalized map and attach the save.

Also, include your "A new dawn.log" file here (found in the Rise of Mankind folder), like I did here.

Finally, including the Usersettings folder might help. I'll try taking a look at it, and if I can't help, I'm sure Afforess can.

Ok, I'll post something when I get time to form a more detailed report. I was under impression that it was a common problems since I saw some other posters already report same thing (during beta 3), so I thought only to mention it. Since it does appear to only affect few players I'll make a more detailed report once I have enough time since my RL schedule got quite full recently.
It's not a huge bug so it's no rush and, first, I'd like to see if I get event markers on map as well. I did see them in beta 3 version but I have yet to see any in release version. If I really don't then I guess that 2 issues may be related. So I'll hold of posting anything untill for a short while. Or someone else nails what could be a cause of it. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom