A USA ally

So Georgia being attacked is okay, but God forbid if Scotland was attacked?
Well, no, I meant that I'd have an emotionally motivated response to an attack on my own nation, one that has no effect on the actual situation. I didn't say that a different response would be required, merely that my personal reaction would be different.

Well, no, I meant that I'd have an emotionally motivated response to an attack on my own nation, one that has no effect on the actual situation. I didn't say that a different response would be required, merely that my personal reaction would be different.

So, you cannot put yourself in the shoes of Joe and Jane Schmo Georgians or are you simply indifferent to it, despite knowing what Joe and Jane are feeling?

Do do realize what you sound like? I'm not making accusations, but you sound pretty awful right now.

Russia could not stop an amphibious assault. We could plant airbases anywhere.

It is not difficult to go through the mountains. It's not like Russia is entrenched in them.

The Americans are bringing the Georgian troops back to Georgia, who were in Iraq.

And what if Russian troops retreat to Russian territory, and will shell USA troops in Georgia from there? :)

I know I'm going to draw a lot of criticism for this but...

I actually support Russia on this. There. I said it.

And you don't understand desperation. You really think Russia would sit back, let the EU and US take over it's land and resources and not launch a nuke? Give me a break Mr. Know-it-all.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/articles/RAM212A.html

Against Iran:
http://www.theage.com.au/news/world...-nuclear-strike/2006/04/19/1145344155565.html

Wow, good choices. So I googled the author of your first suggestion and it said "This site may harm your computer." Needless to say, I did not read it. Good work, that's really reliable.

A "source," in my opinion, does not include some ramblings from some nobody off any random internet site.

Nice try. Good luck next time.

Are the United States and Georgia allied? I did not know that.

Spineless non-interventionists. And commies ta boot.

If we didn't want to get involved, we shouldnt've allied with them in the first place. Alliances are a two-way street, that's why we were so warned not to enter into them. But now that we are, we should be prepared to make good on our word. I don't WANT to go to war with Russia, but if we are allies, it is our duty to do so, and stoically as is required.

This is exactly how world wars start.

Then why the hell do we have allies if we don't defend them? What should we expect from our friends, when the devil comes to town, if we behave like this towards our trestised allies?

well in a war between the US(NATO possibly but not likely) and Russia, Georgia would be wiped out anyway. Georgia is a small county with 4 million people right next door to Russia they wouldn't stand a chance.

So what we're doing is the absolute best thing for the Georgians unless of course they all have a death wish of being the catalyst for WW3

And what if Russian troops retreat to Russian territory, and will shell USA troops in Georgia from there? :)

Only if those Russians soldiers attack from Russia. My objective was to keep Russia out not conquer Russia.

Conde, thanks for the visit to our little green land and the offer to become a USA ally.
But after seeing the amount of help you are giving the Georgians during their current tiff with Vlad the Impaler also known as Putin, can we say thanks but no thanks.
I know, I know, those Georgians cannot take a joke can they, just because they helped the US in Iraq is no reason for them to now feel put out that military help did not arrive from the US.
Thanks for the visit, do come again.

I thought you didn't want us in Iraq. Hypocrite.

Then why the hell do we have allies if we don't defend them? What should we expect from our friends, when the devil comes to town, if we behave like this towards our trestised allies?

Because odds are that no one will attack your allies. In that case, they still might be naive enough to help YOU. Lets say, in Iraq.

Only if those Russians soldiers attack from Russia. My objective was to keep Russia out not conquer Russia.

So, USA then will just absorb damage and see how their ally is being destroyed?

So, USA then will just absorb damage and see how their ally is being destroyed?

I didn't say we wouldn't fire, if Russia was attacking from behind the border.

You really do underestimate our air superiority.

So, you cannot put yourself in the shoes of Joe and Jane Schmo Georgians or are you simply indifferent to it, despite knowing what Joe and Jane are feeling?

Do do realize what you sound like? I'm not making accusations, but you sound pretty awful right now.
Of course I sympathise, but that doesn't mean I can't make an impartial judgement. I simply don't see why the world needs to go to war over some small, insignificant speck of a pseudo-nation in the Caucasus. If Russia gets over-enthusiastic, shall we say, in Georgia, then, yes, steps much be taken, but, at present, the conflict is largely based around asserting the independent of the farce that is South Ossetia. That's not worth a major war.

Top Bottom