AAranda's modcomps for RoM 2.7

I'm working on individualizing your buildings.
Question:
The eventmanager.py is for national or world wonder, right?
Which one?

I'm working on ordinary buildings made by you first. But I will PROBABLY work on your national and world wonders later after I individualize your units.

I'm working on individualizing your buildings.
Question:
The eventmanager.py is for national or world wonder, right?
Which one?

I'm working on ordinary buildings made by you first. But I will PROBABLY work on your national and world wonders later after I individualize your units.

The python changes just display movies for any building which has a movie defined in the movie tag. Basically it is for the national wonders but also works for the holy shrines which are neither type of wonder in RoM. Are you using the WoC converter to separate the XML into the individual buildings? It is probably the fastest way. When I tried RoM was not fully WoC compliant so it did not work for me.

The python changes just display movies for any building which has a movie defined in the movie tag. Basically it is for the national wonders but also works for the holy shrines which are neither type of wonder in RoM. Are you using the WoC converter to separate the XML into the individual buildings? It is probably the fastest way. When I tried RoM was not fully WoC compliant so it did not work for me.

Thanks.

No, I'm just moving his AAranda-whatever into individual folders for each buildings, and deleting irrelevant entries in three files.
Then I will test it out then fine-tune it a bit more.
Then after everything works out, I will upload the fixed (individualized) modules of AAranda's buildings.

Not doing wonders now as it seems more complicated.

Thanks.

No, I'm just moving his AAranda-whatever into individual folders for each buildings, and deleting irrelevant entries in three files.
Then I will test it out then fine-tune it a bit more.
Then after everything works out, I will upload the fixed (individualized) modules of AAranda's buildings.

Not doing wonders now as it seems more complicated.

Anything you need , just make me know

Go here to get your buildings by AAranda in individual separate folders, if you are interested :).

And thanks to AAranda for these cool buildings.

AAranda,

Your Propaganda nif reference refers to Machu folder in your Custom Buildings. There is no Machu folder there.

AAranda,

Your Propaganda nif reference refers to Machu folder in your Custom Buildings. There is no Machu folder there.

You can refer it to any other thing: propaganda has no building , if you look to the building size you'll see it is 0 , but to use a icon you must create a artbuilding file , that's why

You can refer it to any other thing: propaganda has no building , if you look to the building size you'll see it is 0 , but to use a icon you must create a artbuilding file , that's why

Or just make it NIF/ like I did. Good thing I guess right.
Thanks!

See here for individualized folders of AAranda's cool buildings.

AAranda, you groaned, hewed and hawed that it would take a year to individualize everything but it only took me 4-5 hours to finish individualizing your buildings.

Don't worry, I was just playing with you about that "groaning..." thing :D.
I am thinking about individualing your units too. Not sure yet. We will what the demand is from here.

Responding as you asked in one of your forums

Actually druidism, shinto, and andeanism are all animistic beliefs. Strictly speaking they are quite similar in principle and could all be merged into a single generally animistic religion. Also, Jainism is is an ancient dharmic faith which coincides with Hinduism and has a similar concept to Buddhism and Yoruba. Sikhism is more similar to Taoism in its formation as it is based on the writings of a few gurus. It is also like Buddhism and Jainism in that it is of Hindu roots and results from the question of how to obtain an end to reincarnation. Islam is almost entirely a mix of Judaism, Christianity, and Arabic mythology. The Christians originally viewed it as a heretical form of Christianity. Judaism is a breakaway religion from Mesopotamian mythology, were it not for Moses they likely would never have been considered a different religion. Also, 90% of all Jews reside in either Israel or the United States. Scientology is no different from most other Californian religions in its attempt to reinterpret old values and concepts of Eastern religions into terms applicable to modern life. It is also contained to a very few people, though because it charges money they can afford commercials enough to make themselves seem significant and they always widely exaggerate the number of their follower (no more than 55,00 of which can be accounted for in the United States). Christianity for the most part is a mix of Jewish Messianic and Apocalyptic traditions with a great deal of Greek philosophy added in. None of the African religions escape their local enclave nor do they have properties which could not be summed up as either animistic or shamanistic or a mix of the two. The same goes for Siberian and Inuit religions. Chinese folklore is a mix of polytheism and ancestor worship which strangely seems to have lost its shamanistic qualities. Probably the religions I might consider original or unique is Naghualism because of it's quadrilateral bipartite philosophy. They also practiced ancestor worship and shamanism though so its not entirely unique.

My point is that religions are not unique. They are tied in with and passed down through stores and story-structure is never unique. They are all tied together through psycholinguistics and the universal properties of human perception.

That said, in my research of Jainism and Sikhism I've found no evidence that either one can simply be called a merger of Islam and Hinduism. Jainism predates Islam while Sikhism is more like Buddhism in its attempt to, like all other Dravidian religions, end the cycle of rebirth. However, if you ask me what Sikhism has to offer, the Sikhs are the originators of several for,s of Dravidian martial arts they believe in an intangible conception of the world where no thing is distinguishable from another. This leads them to condemn discrimination based on any physical properties a person might have. They also started an empire based on their beliefs after the decline of the Mughals. They have quite a colorful history and many beautiful monuments They were also founded in a time in which few other major religions were being founded (the 16th century) so as a game element they keep the importance of Great Prophets and religious research strong. The same goes for the Baha'i Faith which was founded in the 19th century.

See here for individualized folders of AAranda's cool buildings.

AAranda, you groaned, hewed and hawed that it would take a year to individualize everything but it only took me 4-5 hours to finish individualizing your buildings.

Don't worry, I was just playing with you about that "groaning..." thing :D.
I am thinking about individualing your units too. Not sure yet. We will what the demand is from here.

4-5 hours ? I could have don it just in 2 ! ... jajaja , just kidding
But it is just 24 items . Try religion's mod ... it's only 250 items
No , beeing serious now , is not only the time to split mods , the heavier burdeon is the "responsability" to store them too , and update to future versions , etc
An advice if you are going to split the units mod , wich is going to be easier and faster , you'll see . You must split in families :
sniper/modern sniper /high tech sniper
story teller/entertainer(youhave to include this)/celebrity
because the first unit upgrade to the second , and so on
Good job , many would be interested

4-5 hours ? I could have don it just in 2 ! ... jajaja , just kidding
But it is just 24 items . Try religion's mod ... it's only 250 items
No , beeing serious now , is not only the time to split mods , the heavier burdeon is the "responsability" to store them too , and update to future versions , etc
An advice if you are going to split the units mod , wich is going to be easier and faster , you'll see . You must split in families :
sniper/modern sniper /high tech sniper
story teller/entertainer(youhave to include this)/celebrity
because the first unit upgrade to the second , and so on
Good job , many would be interested

That is the question I want to ask: Where the heck are the snipers???
I looked for their folders and no joy. What's up? Or are you telling me that they are inside unitinfos and unitclassinfos files and I have to invent a folder for snipers?

Responding as you asked in one of your forums

Actually druidism, shinto, and andeanism are all animistic beliefs. Strictly speaking they are quite similar in principle and could all be merged into a single generally animistic religion. Also, Jainism is is an ancient dharmic faith which coincides with Hinduism and has a similar concept to Buddhism and Yoruba. Sikhism is more similar to Taoism in its formation as it is based on the writings of a few gurus. It is also like Buddhism and Jainism in that it is of Hindu roots and results from the question of how to obtain an end to reincarnation. Islam is almost entirely a mix of Judaism, Christianity, and Arabic mythology. The Christians originally viewed it as a heretical form of Christianity. Judaism is a breakaway religion from Mesopotamian mythology, were it not for Moses they likely would never have been considered a different religion. Also, 90% of all Jews reside in either Israel or the United States. Scientology is no different from most other Californian religions in its attempt to reinterpret old values and concepts of Eastern religions into terms applicable to modern life. It is also contained to a very few people, though because it charges money they can afford commercials enough to make themselves seem significant and they always widely exaggerate the number of their follower (no more than 55,00 of which can be accounted for in the United States). Christianity for the most part is a mix of Jewish Messianic and Apocalyptic traditions with a great deal of Greek philosophy added in. None of the African religions escape their local enclave nor do they have properties which could not be summed up as either animistic or shamanistic or a mix of the two. The same goes for Siberian and Inuit religions. Chinese folklore is a mix of polytheism and ancestor worship which strangely seems to have lost its shamanistic qualities. Probably the religions I might consider original or unique is Naghualism because of it's quadrilateral bipartite philosophy. They also practiced ancestor worship and shamanism though so its not entirely unique.

My point is that religions are not unique. They are tied in with and passed down through stores and story-structure is never unique. They are all tied together through psycholinguistics and the universal properties of human perception.

That said, in my research of Jainism and Sikhism I've found no evidence that either one can simply be called a merger of Islam and Hinduism. Jainism predates Islam while Sikhism is more like Buddhism in its attempt to, like all other Dravidian religions, end the cycle of rebirth. However, if you ask me what Sikhism has to offer, the Sikhs are the originators of several for,s of Dravidian martial arts they believe in an intangible conception of the world where no thing is distinguishable from another. This leads them to condemn discrimination based on any physical properties a person might have. They also started an empire based on their beliefs after the decline of the Mughals. They have quite a colorful history and many beautiful monuments They were also founded in a time in which few other major religions were being founded (the 16th century) so as a game element they keep the importance of Great Prophets and religious research strong. The same goes for the Baha'i Faith which was founded in the 19th century.

I asked you to talk in the forum because i want more people opining about it
I knew all those things about differents religions and , in my opinion , you can track them all to the cult to a male god , sun , a female goddess , moon , a trail to be part of them , or a trail to become one of them. Don't need to write all this to make me see it
All i'm saying is that , taking the religions i added into the game , i can incorporate differents bonuses , ways to build the religion , units , promotions ... all this in a new and different way than all others religions
I like the idea of adding laters religions , but i don't see what news can sikhism add to what is already done . I'm not talking about the singularities of sikhism , i'm talking about how can i handle this singularities into the game , adding some new aproach to religions , not repeating what is already seven times repeated
I wondered to add sikhism to my mod a year ago , when you asked me to do so , got information and readed quite a lot about it , but didn't see the point to add it , and don't see it now
I don't need more information about sikhism , i need something particular to add in the game and worth to do so

That is the question I want to ask: Where the heck are the snipers???
I looked for their folders and no joy. What's up? Or are you telling me that they are inside unitinfos and unitclassinfos files and I have to invent a folder for snipers?

Are you talking about the graphics models ?
If is that , they don't have
All snipers have is a unitartinfo file using units existing in RoM but using a formation with just 1 unit

Units by AAranda individualized here.

I said iwa sgoing to rework my americans civs adding a couple of new concepts and here is the first one : aztecs/maexicans http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=12876

:eek::eek: I'm introducing a couple of new concepts , at least , in RoM : ::eek::eek:
:eek::eek:PATRIOTS: those are special units working as wonders , ( can be builded just once ) but belonging only to its original civilization , as they are tied to unique buildings , preventing any other nation to build them ; those are far stronger than normal units , as they hold a few promotions , but cannot be upgraded , they remain in their time . Please , note that those patriots may result offensive to other civilizations , or even to parts of the same nation , as the patriotic feeling is very particular to each one and use to carry grief , pain and death to others:eek::eek:
:eek::eek:UNIQUE WONDERS : those buildings are very speciall , because even when them would be not take in consideration for a world wonder , in their countries are important enough to replace the bonuses provided by some of them ; in favt , them work like unique buildings but replacing wonders . Please note that not every civilization would carry unique wonders or , sometimes , not even patriots:eek::eek:
I hope you and the others like this idea as i do

:) PATRIOTS
Spoiler :
-PATRIOT TLAHUICOLE ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ Available with iron working and sacrificial altar , based on a jaguar , adds combat 1 y 2 , shock 1 , cover 1 and leadership promotions
-PATRIOT AHUITZOTL ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ Available with armor crafting and sacrificial altar , based on a great jaguar , adds combat 1 , shock 1 , cover 1 , woodsman 2 ,city raider 1 y 2 and leadership promotions
-PATRIOT PANCHO VILLA ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ Available with steam power and charreada , based on a villista , adds combat , looter , desert combat , flanking 1 and leadership promotions
-PATRIOT EMILIANO ZAPATA ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ Available with steam power and charreada , based on a villista , adds combat , formation 1 , pinch 1 , flanking 1 , loyalty and leadership promotions

I would like very much to know your opinions about patriots and unique wonders

I finally made it :D

This gamefont should be compatible with your corporations :) If not I eat my old hat.

I used the order in your corporation mod, but moved them to TGAindex 19 to 28.
I also put the standard alpha channel (Round circle) behind your logos as in your gamefont it was mixed up. And finally made a single space between original corps /7/ my corps /18/ your corps /29/ my guilds. The number I put is the actual TGAIndex number, not as the original where it was TGAIndex+1.

I put the gamefonts here, but hopefully they'll be uploaded in Zappara's patch 2.72

Your Religion Mod (I downloded it yesterday) uses the wrong Path in the XML Files for the Pictures and Videos. (Modules\Custom religions instead of corect Modules\AAranda\Custom religions)

Your Religion Mod (I downloded it yesterday) uses the wrong Path in the XML Files for the Pictures and Videos. (Modules\Custom religions instead of corect Modules\AAranda\Custom religions)

Thanks very much for the notice
It seems i fixed the mod in my RoM folder and then uploaded the unfixed from my uploads folder ... sorry about that , i'm afraid Zappara's new modulas system and my little boy are driving my crazy , mostly my little boy
You can download again the mod , is fixed now . Just wait an hour from this post to give it time to be uploaded
Sorry again

Top Bottom