• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

ALC Game #25: Celts/Boudica

Sisutil, what's the update status? No rush with this game it seems.. :mischief:
I shouldn't have started this game so soon after the other one. It seems I'm in need of an extended break.

Don't be a victim of your own success.

You need a break, you take a break :).

No prob Sis, look epic is PRETTY long. I play normal and feel stressed out and exhausted, cant imagine what its like to play immortal and epic!

Maybe try Marathon? :)

Wait, im a bit of a time scale noob, i play normal thats it. Does it go Quick-Normal-Marathon-Epic or Quick-Normal-Epic-Marathon?:p

Im thinking its the first one.:blush:

Drop back down to Prince; that will make Civ nice and relaxing, as it's meant to be. :)

Play marathon. it only takes twice as long as epic...

Perhaps one of the ALC fan Faithful could host a game for the followers in the interim. A new pregame/bullpen thread could be opened to pitch ideas.

Here's an idea: perhaps a "remix" of one of the previous ALC's (maybe one of the Vanilla leaders redone in BTS).

Perhaps one of the ALC fan Faithful could host a game for the followers in the interim. A new pregame/bullpen thread could be opened to pitch ideas.

Here's an idea: perhaps a "remix" of one of the previous ALC's (maybe one of the Vanilla leaders redone in BTS).

A remix of the Boudica game. :goodjob:

DO OVER?

I vote Yes.
I'll consider it. It could be a while before I resume the thread, so I might prefer a fresh start to trying to get my head back where I was in the middle of this one.

Personally I'd rather see this one continued (whenever you're ready). This one is challenging and I like that.

Admit it, Sis . . . The Missus took away your play disc after she spotted you staring at the Boudica leader head a little too intently :mischief: . . .

Well, whenever you do get back at it you should at least give the current game another shot before abandoning it. If you lose, it won't be the worst loss in the ALC (poor Mehmed :lol:), and I doubt anybody will hold it against you. So take down Saladin or go out in a blaze of glory!

Surely you won't let the long argument over whether to settle on the copper go to waste?! :lol:

I vote for continuing. The objective of the ALC is to provide a learning experience. It is not too bad if we lose the game, it is more interesting and entertaining to face the difficulty of this game and make the most of it. Maybe play just a few turns and then discuss again. Inevitably, there will come a stuation where we cannot beat the AI, because it can always be programmed with more advantages. However, let's see how strong the combined human brain is. This is a very tough game, and it is similar to a lot of games where I personally couldn't win. With the peanut gallery input we may pull it off into a glorious victory - or an all too human defeat. But I'd prefer that to quitting now and restarting.
So please, Sis, enjoy your sabbatical and return to the game refreshed. Maybe before the next round we should summarize the status of the world, the strategy and the tactics.

Everybody burns out once in a while. Only if you consider it a defeat, Sis, will it become one.

Regardless: thanks for an amazing line of ALCs! :)

Well, I know I'm not too fond of getting back to a game after a big break. I'd rather start a new one if the situation is complicated and I felt I'd almost certainly miss something when I started playing again.

That said, this game is still in its early stages. And with our collective mind behind you, you can be sure you won't miss anything important. So this is a tentative vote in this ALC non-democracy to continue playing this start when you come back from your break.

Top Bottom