• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

ALC Game #25: Celts/Boudica

I think this game is an excellent candidate of what you and everybody else are always saying: replaying is excellent training.

And this map is an excellent candidate for Sis the Man himself showing us an flawlessly executed quick-and-early Axe Rush! :)

If your going for a do-over, at least show off the UU (Bodi is agg/chr after all - esp. copper with no iron)

@Sis, just play it through...even after a break.

So what if circumstances don't go your way. It (the ACL's) is all about making the best of a bad situation. (win, lose or draw)
I've learnt more from when you dig yourself out of a hole (strategy), than just roaming around like a tourist. "Whooo! that's pretty lets capture it" (the power game)

I would really like to see how an attack on Saladin would pan out before a new game was started, personally.

Hope you're motivated to play soon Sis, and until you are, have fun doing whatever else!

If he does a replay it should be with a new map.

If he does a replay it should be with a new map.
Nooo... then we'll get a two Gold three Gems start and won't learn anything... :cowboy:

This start is perfect.

If you build nothing but Axes and go forth to break some heads, that is. :D

Nooo... then we'll get a two Gold three Gems start and won't learn anything... :cowboy:

This start is perfect.

If you build nothing but Axes and go forth to break some heads, that is. :D

Knowing where the iron and copper are from the onset is a big advantage.

Don't do a replay. Nothing happened yet.

Absolutely. I'm not sure where this restart impetus came from.

If you do restart though, go back down a difficulty level, because you're going to be rusty. :)

I suggested a do-over. I just know that personally I've never gotten back into a game after leaving it for this long. I say let Sis come back refreshed, with a clean slate.

Absolutely. I'm not sure where this restart impetus came from.

If you do restart though, go back down a difficulty level, because you're going to be rusty. :)

This makes it sound like civ is something you must stick with in order to stay on high levels...I used to beat immortal and then 4 months later after hardly playing im trying deity but will probably lose. So much to know. :goodjob:

Knowing where the iron and copper are from the onset is a big advantage.

But the way he should have played it he would have achieved the knowledge of at least where the copper was. And if copper is present, which it was, iron becomes much less valuable as the Celts have a copper swordsman. After round 1, the path was ag, the wheel, and IW anyway. So what if we know about iron. To us, it's just 2 hammers.

If we restart we'll never learn the error of building granaries and other useless stuff when preparing for an early rush. :p

I have tried this start, here is a short summary:

Spoiler :
Well, I'm a builder type i can win immortal games but only if i'm somewhat isolated. I have never did any early rush.
I have built the stonehenge but i payed a big price: when i wanted to place my second city at the copper Saladin beat me in 2 turns... in short: i ended up with 2 cities in whole game (i made one in NW, but it was a close to zero production city). Saladin become a very good friend, He even gave me a free tech once :). I have tried to get a small city from the malinese, there was only 2 skirmisher defending. my first 3 gallic warriors died without causing ANY damage... i retreated and i was happy to make peace.. I really wanted to give up, but i tried my last plan: getting the rifles first and assault with them. Meanwhile Saladin declared war on Mansa and after capturing a city he succesfully vassalized them (Why is it so easy for the ai to get vassals???).
So, i get the rifles first (it was almost like a one city challenge game, and i still could get the techlead at least, playing with few cities is my speciality, but ..) but by the time i could build up enough force to start my assault on Saladin he get the rifling too and upgraded his men... it was the time when i finally gave up :).

No spoilers in ALC threads. :spank: Even in soon-to-be-abandoned games.

I'm not sure if you're telling this to me, but actually there is no spoiler in what i wrote at this point, but i still put it into spoiler tags anyway :)

I'd like to see the game move forward as well - preferably with Sis making the moves.

Ultimately, if Sis decides to abandon, I'd be interested to see if some others might jump in and see how they can do with varying strategies.

Top Bottom