1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

April 2021 Update - Patch Notes Discussion

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Laurana Kanan, Apr 22, 2021.

1. King William I

King William I King

But they're not. It's been stated by the dev team that all they do is pass the bug reports along to the Aspyr team. Your anger is justified but misplaced

nzcamel and DWilson like this.
  2. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

Any confirmation if this is the last of Civ6 content?

As for the patch, I'm mostly satisfied with it. There are some questionable decisions like with Korea and lack of Scotland leader change. People are always going to have differing opinions about what needed changing. I wasn't overly hyped so I didn't see it as a disappointment. I think people get too hyped up for things, and end up disappointed in the end. I learned from a young age not to get that way. Yeah I know cynicism isn't a good thing, but I digress.

3. Duke William of Normandy

Duke William of Normandy King of England & Unofficial Welcoming Committee

I'm more interested in Qhapaq Nan change. Finally, a reason to build more than just Ski Resorts as well as a way to get more Production from Mountains. :D

Hellenism Salesman likes this.
  4. Bechhold

Bechhold King

So.... are Civs improving resources once again?

nauberry and Pfeffersack like this.
  5. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

I think someone pointed out that it's actually part of the civ ability, not leader.

So building a Qhapaq Nan doesn't do anything else. The +1 production just comes naturally once you reach the Industrial Era for mountains.

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  6. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

I like that tourism now provides more benefits other than just a winning a CV:

[Gathering Storm] Tourism Updates
    • "Cultural Domination" term clarified in Culture victory sections of World Rankings and Civilopedia.
    • Cultural Domination provides ongoing effects:
    International Trade Routes to foreign cities you culturally dominate provide +4 Gold.

Spy missions in foreign cities you culturally dominate are 50% faster to complete.

Your citizens exert 25% more Loyalty pressure on foreign cities you culturally dominate.

7. InsidiousMage

InsidiousMage Prince

Really? Well, that's just massively disappointing. Still, Civ is Firaxis's game and if they can't find a good company to partner with to do the ports that is their fault. Personally, if Aspyr is involved in porting the next Civ or related game to consoles I'm just not going to buy it.

8. OzzyKP

OzzyKP Emperor

Very good point/reminder about trade routes to your cities.

It is interesting to compare this ability to Rome's free monument, which everyone thinks is one of the most powerful in the game. Obviously Rome's free monument kicks in earlier, but your first trade routes aren't so far behind. Especially if you prioritize them. Having a nearby city state send you a trade route gets you some free culture pretty early.

9. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

Huge Earth map has a max number of civs. :( I don't see myself playing this map type all too often. Hopefully a mod will fix this.

10. kryat

kryat King

Did anyone confirm if Atlantis appears with SS turned on?

nzcamel and Hellenism Salesman like this.
  11. Pfeffersack

Pfeffersack Deity

I'm ok with amount balance changes and free stuff we received here...

If I have a concern, then it is the bug fix/AI improvement section. It is nice to see that list of mode-related bugs getting fixed and the AI not longer spamming lakes with ships, but unless the fix for the AI not properly improving luxury ressources in C&M mode is included in the "increased AI desire for districts and improvements", it feels like one of the biggest issues has been left out.

But since @charrison said we should keep giving input and feedback, I assume that further content and/or fixes are at least not completely off the table :)

the_sun, Meluhhan, Bosque and 10 others like this.
  12. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

I'm assuming 20 considering that's the maximum number for all huge maps to begin with?

13. slavaskii

slavaskii Chieftain

Yes, if we have confirmation these are stacking with trade to the Netherlands as well, it’s fine. It may take longer to come online, but it’s better than Rome’s monument. Would have been nice to see some Polder love, though.

Hellenism Salesman likes this.
  14. Vargas1

Vargas1 Prince

But...are you holding on to four extra trade routes just so you can go ahead and forward settle someone? Getting modest amounts of loyalty via trade route is just such an inefficient way to do it that it's almost meaningless. I'm all about the change to international being impactful, but it just means the Netherlands are very much an international trading civ now.

Meluhhan, Kmart_Elvis and OzzyKP like this.
  15. ezzlar

ezzlar Emperor

So, now Babylon is like, balanced?

AI not building improvements is actually smart since they give the player so huge yields when pillaging.

16. Luxerne

Luxerne Warlord

TSL Mediterranean supports:
    Macedon, Gaul, Byzantium, France, Egypt, Persia, Phoenicia, England, Germany, Sumeria, Greece, Babylon, Poland, Portugal, Hungary, Spain, Arabia, Ottomans, Georgia, and Rome. It also supports the city-states Akkad, Bologna, Brussels, Cardiff, Fez, Geneva, Granada, Hattusa, Jerusalem, Preslav, Valletta, Vatican City, Venice, and Yerevan.

17. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Elite Quattromaster - Emperor (BTS) Super Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

Babylon is great, didn't really need a change.

18. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

I think people read too far into the icon's easter egg. Doesn't help the way they joked about it in the livestream.

Meluhhan and Hellenism Salesman like this.
  19. InsidiousMage

InsidiousMage Prince

It's not there.

20. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

Ahh, I was hoping Mali might squeeze in. Oh well.