Ask a persian.

I support him because he at least is secular. If there is a choice between an Islamic Al-Qaeda Chaliphate that is anti-Western and kills christian and a Secular dictatorship that allows minorities to live, I prefer Assad and I think that Iran is doing very well to support him.

Even if your presumptions about Assad are correct, to presume that's why the Iranian government is taking the controversial position of supporting him are slim at best.

They are supporting him because Assad followes the Iran's sect of Islam. But this is also good for the West. The west should be more pragmatic. Iran and the West both have Al-Qaeda as their enemies.

By the way, who do you think was Iran's Greatest muslim ruler?

From current or past leaders? Greatest in terms of most powerful, or some other way of defining what 'greatest' means?

From past. I was speaking about the Monarchs of the Muslim Dynasties. By greatest I mean who you consider as the best of them, either because he was too powerful or did good reforms or something else.

I honestly don't have a favorite from that time. This is because Iran has not been the same country ever since it fell to Muslim invasion. That said, I have much hope for the future.

How is economy? I have read US is giving really difficult time to Iranians.

How is economy? I have read US is giving really difficult time to Iranians.

Even in a hypothetical world where a very significant portion of Iranian's weren't in poverty (we're not talking poverty by the American standard, either), considering nearly 90% of the countries money comes from oil alone (a non-renewable resource that will probably be on it's way out within my lifetime) I'd say they need a serious revamp.

Why do you call yourself Persian instead of Iranian?

Even in a hypothetical world where a very significant portion of Iranian's weren't in poverty (we're not talking poverty by the American standard, either), considering nearly 90% of the countries money comes from oil alone (a non-renewable resource that will probably be on it's way out within my lifetime) I'd say they need a serious revamp.

So it is about to collapse?

So it is about to collapse?

It is not going to happen all of a sudden. The world's decreasing use of oil is a gradual thing, and so will Iran's economy unless they begin diversifying it. Also, even as it stands at the moment their poverty levels are unacceptably high.

I don't approve of this in the least, but it happens even in America.

This is not to say Iran doesn't have huge strides to make in women's rights, but this is like complaining that you want a fancy house when you don't have food and water.

I guess that's a bad comparison because full equality is not a luxury, but the point I'm making is even within necessities, some are more important than others. Let's get them to stop STONING women to death first, then we'll work on other things.

What a waste, they're stoning women to death, but I heard that "being raped is punishable by death".

I don't know the details on that, but knowing this regime I wouldn't be surprised in the least if what you've heard is correct.

I decided to bump this in the event others have questions. :)

Persian cats meow in Farsi. ;)

Top Bottom