Ask People from Other Countries 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since it was me who bumped the old thread up a few weeks ago, I thought I deserved to get this thread.

triple post? im sorry!

Please keep this thread open.

Well, mine was started before Rossiya's, so I think mine is staying.

The title makes sense.

And my question:

To people living in countries with a large land area: Have you ever travelled to the ends of your country?

The title makes sense.

And my question:

To people living in countries with a large land area: Have you ever travelled to the ends of your country?
By plane, yes. Boston to LA...
I've road tripped from from Chicago to Tijuana by car. Took the long route through Colorado too. Awesome!

My question is to Europeans and be nice. What would be your plan for helping the Roma within the EU and Balkans?

A question to Australians,
Which english accent do you find most annoying? British, New Zealander, Canadian or American?

The title makes sense.

And my question:

I live in the netherlands, which is very small, but even I have not traveled to the far north of the country. So I couldn't imagine someone from the USA having traveled through all the corners of their country.

A question to Australians,
Which english accent do you find most annoying? British, New Zealander, Canadian or American?

There is no British or American accent. And I suspect that there isn't a Canadian accent, and it wouldn't surprise me if I was told that there wasn't a New Zealand accent.

I can agree on the british, but the dialectical differences in america compared to Europe are minimal(especially considering the population).

edit: Either that or people in american tv-series, never use their real accent.

My question is to Europeans and be nice. What would be your plan for helping the Roma within the EU and Balkans?
General tactics is take them from "ghettos" and divide them to white quarters, but I dont know how they want do it. They are stating it long time, but how do it nobody knows:confused: .

Forced integration doesn't sound very civilized. It's someting we did in the 30's. Not now. It has to be voluntary, somehow.

By plane, yes. Boston to LA...
I've road tripped from from Chicago to Tijuana by car. Took the long route through Colorado too. Awesome!

Tricky one, and in many ways beyond the EU's remit.

If they are in a settled place, then they can get the full EU development works, and with this enlargement malarky we've really got our eye in on it. If they remain mobile it is more tricky.

They are subject to biggotry, but they also are disproportunately involved in crime.

I guess we offer money to the main countries to offer facilities for them (to minimise conflict with locals) and to offer extra police resorces (so the police have the time/ resorces to get the right roma*) and fund educational projects for the police. Basically offer the police/ local authorities a stack of cash on condition they play nice, and offer the roma a stack of cash (well facilities and so forth) on condition they play nice.

If the Irish can deal with their pikies then eastern europe can deal with the roma.

* Rather than the current state of affairs, which seems rather more like 70's UK policing of the IRA. An Irish fella blew up the pub so we lock up an Irish fella. Crime-punishment. Any corrilation between the perpitrator and the punished being a happy coincidence.

The question is what is somehow. Its true that with their rapidly increasing numbers we have to find solution quickly or sorry. In some point there will be not enough donations to satisfy them. And after it should start hell.

I've only been a little way north of Edmonton, in Alberta. The farthest north I've been in British Columbia is Prince George.

The farthest south I've been in Canada is to the Canada-U.S. border.

The farthest west I've been is to the western side of Vancouver Island (so that qualifies as one "end" of Canada ;)).

The farthest east I've been is... Castor, Alberta? (not quite sure). At any rate, I have never been to Saskatchewan or any other province farther east.

There is no British or American accent. And I suspect that there isn't a Canadian accent, and it wouldn't surprise me if I was told that there wasn't a New Zealand accent.
Heh, there is so a Canadian accent. There are several, in fact. Albertans and Ontarians and Maritimers all have distinctive accents, and of course there are the various French-Canadian accents. There is also a variety of First Nations/Inuit accents, although I have a harder time telling those apart.

The title makes sense.

And my question:

Everywhere but Alaska (and Puerto Rico if you count territories) and I plan on changing that soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom